Who Should Be Our Starting QB for the rest of the Season?

Barton

Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?

• Kellen "Mega Duck" Clemens
    • Chad " I Throw Ducks " Pennington

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even gonna vote in this thread untill Chad gets some damn respect.

Yea Kellen played great in the 4th quarter, and I love the future this kid may have as the starter of the Jets... But as far as Chad throwing "Ducks"... Well I'm sorry to say this, but I wish Kellen would have thrown some ducks within the first 3 quarters... He did nothing. How many yards did he have in the 1st half passing? what? I think like 40 something?

How many sacks did Kellen take this game? I know one thing... Chad would have thrown ducks and picked up 3-4 yards instead of sitting in the pocket and getting sacked over and over and over again... Kellen really did look like a ROOKIE out there the first 3 quarters, and IMO, if Chad would have started, we would be 1-1 right now.

Im not knocking KC in anyway... He has a bright future... But the knocking on Chad from Barton is getting old... All offseason, all preseason, this year, and still going on... its getting old... just STFU and support the starting QB

I root for whover is in next Sunday and if your a true Jet fan you will to(meaning all posters)...jmo

JETS WIN...... JETS WIN THAT'S the bottom line. I'm totally with you. I yelled my head off for KC tonite and will again next week. I don't give a hoot who's the starter as long as we win. Sadly a lot of the anti Chad people would rather have Chad do poorly and the Jets lose just to have Chad pulled. Sorry but that's just plain wrong. ::GoJets:

That 4th qtr makes me want to see more.

I thought he did a real nice job but he is still a work in progress.

I cannot honestly declare Clemens the "future" until I see more.

Browning Nagle had a great first game as a Jet and then went down the tubes.

I need more. If the Jets are 4-6 after 10 games then I think he HAS to be in there to see what he can really do.

it's gotta be the kid ,yeah he had a real bad first half ....So ..it was his first start in the NFL against a top 5 D, but this was our game to win in the 4th but the rest of the team let the kid down IMO.Just let the kid get the reps he needs to be our future now ,no need to bring chad back in when we really don't need him jmo.and to anyone out there that thinks that chad would have done better behind center is crazy, KC did get sacked alot ,but if that were chad it would have been more.

P.S. The kid had "ZIP" on the ball,but nobody could catch'em ,because they were use to those "dead ducks" that chad throws up into the sky and never seem to want to come down.

No disrespect to Chad at all, but he has a certain skill set with a broad experience base. We've seen what he has and know what he doesn't have. What we dont know is how his inability to make various throws (distance, velocity, and release speed/timing) impacts our entire offense. We got a glimpse of it yesterday against a top five defense and wah lah - all of a sudden the field is spread apart. T Jones has a cut back lane to run in and there's guys open to throw to. When we blitzed Brady last week he was licking his chops - quick slants over the middle for 20+ gains. You dont get those opportunities when the box is stuffed and the whole D is cheating in.

That said - it's a big double edged sword giving KC the reins. If he takes a lot of games to get his act refined - we've got the whole team and fanbase pissed off.

Trying times - but its damn exciting to have options.

Neither.

Play Chad until one of 3 things happens:

1: we lose some more

2: he gets injured again

I don't like the idea of putting Clemens in there without support of all the players or with a glimmer of hope that "things would be much better with Chad" going on. The kid shouldn't have to be looking over his shoulder, afraid to make a mistake. Being fearless with the ball & winging it out there is what will make him a more dangerous QB than Pennington, not being better at taking safe passes & merely minimizing errors. That's fine when we've got a nice lead or a good defense or if the running game is doing well. But absent that, the offense needs some unpredictability; that is what will keep opposing defenses off-guard rather than keeping 8-9 players never moving deeper than 10-15 yards from the LOS on every single play.

But unless Mangini/BSchott are confident that if Clemens is given the torch he will not falter for at least a month straight, I'm too concerned with the prospect of giving him the ball now & taking it away from him. If it means 4-5 fewer games experience in '07, it's worth it so he takes all the first-team snaps from day one next spring/summer.

Is everyone already writing this season off? Clemens apparently is the future, but at this point in time, Chad gives us a better chance of winning. In case no one noticed, the Chargers got steamrolled by the Patriots also last night and we somehow had a chance to go to OT against the team with the best home record in the NFL over the past seven seasons. While we certainly have holes, maybe the Jets are not as bad as a lot of people seem to think. Starting Clemens now would be a panic move and would send the wrong message to the team.

Is everyone already writing this season off? Clemens apparently is the future, but at this point in time, Chad gives us a better chance of winning. In case no one noticed, the Chargers got steamrolled by the Patriots also last night and we somehow had a chance to go to OT against the team with the best home record in the NFL over the past seven seasons. While we certainly have holes, maybe the Jets are not as bad as a lot of people seem to think. Starting Clemens now would be a panic move and would send the wrong message to the team.

Giving up 20 points and getting zero turnovers against an AWFUL turnover prone offensive team is a good reason.

Yea...he looked like a guy making his first start in the NFL.

He also has no pocket presence. He never felt those pass rushers and if he does that a few more times he will be in a wheel chair.

Good game experience, but he is not ready.

Chad would have won that game.

BZ

He also has no pocket presence. He never felt those pass rushers and if he does that a few more times he will be in a wheel chair.

Good game experience, but he is not ready.

Chad would have won that game.

BZ

Up until the late part of the game I would have agreed with that. He was definitely holding the ball too long while standing still.

But then I saw him curl up at the last second on an unblocked blitzer. If he doesn't feel the pass rush at all, that ball gets swatted out of his hands easy.

Also on a couple of those later plays, Baltimore was getting in the backfield. Clemens bought some time by actually sliding around or stepping up in the pocket; something Chad does not do. The result of doing it were multiple completions.

I think he does have some pocket presence & it was just first-game jitters and two years of rust. What was most impressive was that we were actually moving the ball downfield - in a hurry - when the whole world knew we were in pass-only mode.

Archived