Just got off the phone with Gameday Director....

NY JETS 29

(yes i know im crazy that I actually called, but the crowd was pitiful on opening day)

Rumor is fireman Ed will be back for the Eagles. In the meantime there going to have the flightcrew simulate the J-E-T-S chant on before kickoff. I have brought up a suggestion to have them key on section 311 on Sunday. Thats where I sit and I'm going to do my part to get that section going with the chant as well. He also mentioned that the Jets would like to increase crowd volume when were on defense, they have some stuff planned for that as well, but encouraged us to really get loud on 3rd downs. So in firemans ed absence i took the liberty to call and make sure they focus on section 311 for j-e-ts chants.

(yes i know im crazy that I actually called, but the crowd was pitiful on opening day)

Rumor is fireman Ed will be back for the Eagles. In the meantime there going to have the flightcrew simulate the J-E-T-S chant on before kickoff. I have brought up a suggestion to have them key on section 311 on Sunday. Thats where I sit and I'm going to do my part to get that section going with the chant as well. He also mentioned that the Jets would like to increase crowd volume when were on defense, they have some stuff planned for that as well, but encouraged us to really get loud on 3rd downs. So in firemans ed absence i took the liberty to call and make sure they focus on section 311 for j-e-ts chants.

I was hoping that you were a troll liar scumbag after you posted that Miller was out for the season. I guess not. Enjoy the game.

proactive. nicely done. someone should let max know. you should be in line for a promotion.

Fireman Ed. Whatever. The honor really belongs to the shirtless guy with the green wig in the middle of December in the 300's. Talk about your stolen glory. Yah, it's true. But I'm also entirely cranky.

EDIT: He was a Riggins fan, and was also at Shea (if memory serves) when the Jets were on their last legs there. I could also be confusing the personages, but I don't think so. Well, the visual remains in my head just the same. And feel free to correct me with stat books and the like. Ugh, I'm really starting to hate that. Nothing regaled about brain power, especially when it's faulty.

The original J-E-T-S chant was started by a guy in the upper deck endzone opposite the tunnel that the players enter. He wore a Carhartt jumpsuit and waved a towel.

I personally miss Fireman Ed and hope he recovers quickly,the stadium on gameday isnt the same without him.

HAHAHA!

So we're going to do this for one game and then Ed will be back? Where was it against New England?:-?

i didnt call the director of gameday operations cuz i thought ed would be there, since hes not i felt that the camera should be on section 311 on sunday, so i did. and the media director will have a camera man up there.

Nice rumor but if you read today's Newsday you would know that he has even said that his return is "INDEFINITE" due to his injury.

He has swelling in his back & any type of heavy movement could make it worse - check your sources before you start quoting speculation - ROOKIE!

Nice rumor but if you read today's Newsday you would know that he has even said that his return is "INDEFINITE" due to his injury.

He has swelling in his back & any type of heavy movement could make it worse - check your sources before you start quoting speculation - ROOKIE!

its not a rumor, its what the director told me, if u dont believe me call 212-969-1800 and ask to speak with the director of gameday operations, he sed fireman ed will be back for philly. maybe hes wrong, but im only going by what i was told, so b4 u go questioning me i would get your facts straight.

Archived