A Three game season

Latinlawyer

I cannot believe how bad the mets have looked. It comes down to a three game season. They lose one they are probably going golfing. This has been such a spectacular crash...sigh.

Next year, the pitching should line up like this...

1) pedro

2) Ollie P.

3) Maine

4) pelfrey

5) Humber

LL

Remember when Mets fans thought they were the best baseball team in NY?

Remember when practically all the Yankee fans I saw on this board gave up on their team back in June-just saying.

Bob, Max and jonejet do not fall into that category.

Hey LL

It think you should go look back at some of your posts in April and May

Hysterical if you ask some, pathetic if you ask me.

Now, you are praying the Mets bats come alive....well good luck to you.

Don't worry, Torre kept his job, and the Yanks didn't finish in last place if you don't want to scroll back and read some of your assanine posts from earlier this year

So did 95% of Yank fans here.....naturally they have come back full circle now and are in total chest thumping mode over a WC birth at some 230 mill in payroll.

The Met fans jumping ship is almost as alarming but not quite.

What goes around comes around.

Take a listen to Mike and the Dog. The Mets fans calling in are like rats leaving the Titanic.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

So did 95% of Yank fans here.....naturally they have come back full circle now and are in total chest thumping mode over a WC birth at some 230 mill in payroll.

The Met fans jumping ship is almost as alarming but not quite.

Are you still expecting the Mets to win the division?

I am not, but i havent stopped watching or rooting.

I havent seen any evidence this week that they are going to snap out of it. Neither have any of the fans who have been in attendance at Shea, which has sounded like a wake this week, according to the Mets announcers.

They havent jumped ship either, as shown by their attendance at the games.

The mets have no intangibles going for them right now. They have lost all momentum, have played uninspired ball except for a couple of guys (especially Alou) their pitching staff has let them down, and last night when they got a well-pitched game, the bats were quiet in some bad timing.

They have committed base running blunders, committed a bunch of errors over the last two weeks, and are just not playing good baseball.

Being realistic/objective is not jumping ship. i have been here all week, as have almost all of the other Met fan posters. We are ready to jump out of our seats when something positive happens. Still hoping...

Are you still expecting the Mets to win the division?

I am not, but i havent stopped watching or rooting.

I havent seen any evidence this week that they are going to snap out of it. Neither have any of the fans who have been in attendance at Shea, which has sounded like a wake this week, according to the Mets announcers.

They havent jumped ship either, as shown by their attendance at the games.

The mets have no intangibles going for them right now. They have lost all momentum, have played uninspired ball except for a couple of guys (especially Alou) their pitching staff has let them down, and last night when they got a well-pitched game, the bats were quiet in some bad timing.

They have committed base running blunders, committed a bunch of errors over the last two weeks, and are just not playing good baseball.

Being realistic/objective is not jumping ship. i have been here all week, as have almost all of the other Met fan posters. We are ready to jump out of our seats when something positive happens. Still hoping...

For Mets fans I know it is not like jumping ship-we are just disgusted with the poor play of the team from just about every player to some of the the manager decisions and the GM decisions that have gone wrong. That is not saying we give up and are not rooting for this team

Archived