Jets | Pennington not guaranteed starting spot Week 8

Smizzy

Jets | Pennington not guaranteed starting spot Week 8

Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:51:15 -0700

J.P. Pelzman, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini would not commit to QB Chad Pennington as his starting quarterback for Week 8. "I'll have to watch the tape to evaluate that," Mangini said. "I will watch the tape and personally evaluate every player on this team...I'm going to look at the film. I'm going to assess every situation with coaches and players."

Thoughts?

Good work Mangini, blow 4 games in a row before making a change. So he's going to look at coaches and players right? Well, he better look at himself and step down if he's honest. Or at the least issue an apology to Jets fans.

I'm telling you Mangini and Pennington had something going on, Pennington played horrible, I'd take Grossman over him.

Good work Mangini, blow 4 games in a row before making a change. So he's going to look at coaches and players right? Well, he better look at himself and step down if he's honest. Or at the least issue an apology to Jets fans.

he should have taken that 'long look at everyone' a few weeks ago.

But quite honestly, I just think that we dont have the talent to win... Theres only so much a coach can do. Its not like we've been blown out 3 or 4 times, we've had a chance deep into the 4th to either tie it up or take the lead in all but one game.

I dont know how much of this you can actually put in the CS.

As you guys know I like Chad but like I've said over the last few weeks, keeping him in acheives nothing for anyone. Confident the change will take place this week though, Chad seemingly knew his fate in that press conference and seemed to have accepted it, hes a very classy guy who I'll continue to root for. I hope that if/when he is traded he can do well elsewhere.

I'm telling you Mangini and Pennington had something going on, Pennington played horrible, I'd take Grossman over him.

Is that wut it is?!! Its sucks cuz Clemens need the chance to show them its time to put Chady boy on the bench.. But with this lil affair mangini & pennington have goin... we really are doomed!

Playing KC means that the season is truly over. Playing for next year at week 8 this sucks.....

Yes, it does suck, but at the same point, you have to see what the kid has got. 8 games should be a tell tale sign of what you need in the draft. The bright side to seeing Clemens is it cant get much worse than having Chad back there. An L is an L no matter who tosses it up there. Hopefully Clemens can get us some W's.

I doubt he'll make the switch this week. I hope I'm wrong.

If he starts Clemens and we win 7 of the next 9, and miss the playoffs by 2 games, what happens? I mean it's probably not going to happen anyway, but wouldn't that be typical of the Jets?

If he starts Clemens and we win 7 of the next 9, and miss the playoffs by 2 games, what happens? I mean it's probably not going to happen anyway, but wouldn't that be typical of the Jets?

Hey, I just think it's Mangini's style to say Pennington wasn't the reason we lost so he won't get benched. Call it a hunch. Particularly if there are 1-2 other starters getting benched (DRob, Clement, etc).

As much as I want to see KC get some reps, I want to see Bender get reps as well to see if we have a RT.

Playing KC means that the season is truly over. Playing for next year at week 8 this sucks.....

I think that's been pretty clear since we lost to the Bills who had half their starting D injured and had a QB making the first start of his career. There is no way we can be any good when our D sucks this much. When Pennington could only show up for a half against a Bengals D that is almost as bad as the Jets D, there's no way you can play him again.

Archived