Darren McFadden

Ghost

1. Miami Dolphins

2. St.Louis Rams

3. New York Jets

I think the Dolphins will either select Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey and the Rams will select the player thats left over.

With both the Dolphins and Rams having franchise RB's in Brown and Jackson, should we take McFadden ?

This guy is a play maker, something this team lacks.

There is also other options, especially when you have a a 6-8 DE who weights 280 in Calais Campbell.

or

Chris Long who people say is a perfect fit for the 3-4 defense. In my opinion, I think our guy has to be McFadden.

If we do end up with the 3rd overall pick behind St.Louis and Miami, it does not mean McFadden is a sure thing to be there at 3. Miami needs A LOT of help and could trade down to a team later on in the Top 10 who needs a running back. Same with St.Louis. Loads of offensive talent thats been hurt this year, but who exactly do they have on defense besides Adam Carriker and Leonard Little?

St.Louis or Miami could trade down or the Jets simply wouldn't want to carry both the contracts of Thomas Jones and Darren McFadden, who will get Reggie Bush money. We have a lot of problems. Running back is not one of them. The only way I want to see McFadden in a Jets jersey is if we sign Alan Faneca and a pass rushing specalist at OLB before the draft begins.

If we do end up with the 3rd overall pick behind St.Louis and Miami, it does not mean McFadden is a sure thing to be there at 3. Miami needs A LOT of help and could trade down to a team later on in the Top 10 who needs a running back. Same with St.Louis. Loads of offensive talent thats been hurt this year, but who exactly do they have on defense besides Adam Carriker and Leonard Little?

St.Louis or Miami could trade down or the Jets simply wouldn't want to carry both the contracts of Thomas Jones and Darren McFadden, who will get Reggie Bush money. We have a lot of problems. Running back is not one of them. The only way I want to see McFadden in a Jets jersey is if we sign Alan Faneca and a pass rushing specalist at OLB before the draft begins.

We have absolutely no play maker on the offensive side at all. If we even look at Faneca he's going to want a huge contract, I don't mind that. I just think McFadden is a player we desperately need.

We have absolutely no play maker on the offensive side at all. If we even look at Faneca he's going to want a huge contract, I don't mind that. I just think McFadden is a player we desperately need.

preaching to choir

we have little team speed

run DMC is the obvious choice

I agree... When I see the energy that A.Peterson is bringing the Vikings team right now, that just makes me want the Jets to get this kid that much more...

D.McFadden

Thomas Jones

Leon Washington....

Wow... That would be some backfield.

Yes we do need a major upgrade on the O-Line... But that can always come... A player like McFadden does not come as often.... The mosre I see A.Peterson... The more I want McFadden

Laveranues Coles.

Jerricho Cotchery.

Thomas Jones.

Are you telling me that these guys cannot make plays? The offensive line isn't run blocking well at all and that is not going to change by keeping it the same or bringing in more average players and sticking Darren McFadden back there.

This guy is no Adrian Peterson, I am so sick and tired of hearing his name. Plus, with Peterson, he has McKinnie, Birk and Hutchinson. Yeah, we have Mangold and Ferguson, but who else? WHO ELSE? We need a Left Guard in there and with Jones' salary, it would be STUPID to carry two running backs with all that money. We don't need Darren McFadden. We NEED a Left Guard. We NEED a pass rushing OLB. We NEED a Nose Tackle. We NEED another Cornerback. We NEED a #3 Wide Receiver.

Laveranues Coles.

Jerricho Cotchery.

Thomas Jones.

Are you telling me that these guys cannot make plays? The offensive line isn't run blocking well at all and that is not going to change by keeping it the same or bringing in more average players and sticking Darren McFadden back there.

This guy is no Adrian Peterson, I am so sick and tired of hearing his name. Plus, with Peterson, he has McKinnie, Birk and Hutchinson. Yeah, we have Mangold and Ferguson, but who else? WHO ELSE? We need a Left Guard in there and with Jones' salary, it would be STUPID to carry two running backs with all that money. We don't need Darren McFadden. We NEED a Left Guard. We NEED a pass rushing OLB. We NEED a Nose Tackle. We NEED another Cornerback. We NEED a #3 Wide Receiver.

Thomas Jones is not the franchise back of this Jets team... Neither is L.Washington who I love... But hes not a franchise back.

Are you kidding me? You would rather have a #3 WR over a franchise RB? Wow...

McFadden is on the same playing field as A.Peterson.... Iv seen them both play, and I like McFadden alot.

Thomas Jones is not the franchise back of this Jets team... Neither is L.Washington who I love... But hes not a franchise back.

Are you kidding me? You would rather have a #3 WR over a franchise RB? Wow...

McFadden is on the same playing field as A.Peterson.... Iv seen them both play, and I like McFadden alot.

McFadden is nowhere close to being the same player Adrian Peterson is.

Thomas Jones signed a four year contract extension for a reason. We can address the running back situation when we can actually block for a running back and when we actually need one two or three years from now. There will be plenty of prospects or free agents that come along.

We have our running back. We just now need a run blocking left guard, like we had in Pete Kendall, to help pave the way for him. Wouldn't hurt to possibly upgrade on Clement either, but he's not a shabby run blocker.

You win in the trenches with your lines. Darren McFadden or Thomas Jones, doesn't matter who we have. If the line is the same this year as next year, neither back will average 4 yards a carry.

McFadden is nowhere close to being the same player Adrian Peterson is.

Thomas Jones signed a four year contract extension for a reason. We can address the running back situation when we can actually block for a running back and when we actually need one two or three years from now. There will plenty of prospects or free agents that come along.

We have our running back. We just now need a run blocking left guard, like we had in Pete Kendall, to help pave the way for him. Wouldn't hurt to possibly upgrade on Clement either, but he's not a shabby run blocker.

You win in the trenches with your lines. Darren McFadden or Thomas Jones, doesn't matter who we have. If the line is the same this year as next year, neither back will average 4 yards a carry.

his draft grade is already 1 point higher than AP 99 vs 98;)

his draft grade is already 1 point higher than AP 99 vs 98;)

Oh joy. Draft grades always spell success. Draft him now! **** it! Lose out!;-)

Lets see what "Run DMC" does in his next two games. LSU and Georgia I believe. Maybe I'm wrong? Could be someone else with LSU.

Oh joy. Draft grades always spell success. Draft him now! **** it! Lose out!;-)

Lets see what "Run DMC" does in his next two games. LSU and Georgia I believe. Maybe I'm wrong? Could be someone else with LSU.

UMM it did with AP didn't it and he was injury prone

was best player in draft and he slipped to 7.

UMM it did with AP didn't it and he was injury prone

was best player in draft and he slipped to 7.

I love how he is injury proned after one injury. If you want to call the Coller Bone an injury, go ahead, have all the fun you want. It was a touchdown celebration that caused it that he won't ever do again.

McFadden, keep on plying up those yards against Mississippi State baby.

I love how he is injury proned after one injury. If you want to call the Coller Bone an injury, go ahead, have all the fun you want. It was a touchdown celebration that caused it that he won't ever do again.

UMM, i watch the SEC every week and he ran over my tide with ease.

SEC is a tough conference from top to bottom

he is playing with a Penne clone at QB, i would not expect him to rush for

big yards vs LSU

124 why don't u do a little reading

Adrian Peterson

RB | (6'1", 217, 4.4) | OKLAHOMA

Scouts Grade: 98

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy

View by: Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History

You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Possesses an outstanding combination of size, power and speed. Shows a great deal of competitiveness and toughness as a runner. Extremely instinctive as a runner. Shows excellent vision and patience. Runs with ideal balance and body control. Makes quick cuts and shows very good initial burst off his plant foot. He is an upright runner but he also knows when to lower his shoulder for the most part. Rare in terms of his ability to gain yards after contact. He is a punishing back that will wear a defense down with 25-35 carries, and he seems to improve as the game wears on. He shows the initial burst and speed to consistently turn the corner as an outside runner. He continues to improve as a route runner. He has displayed soft hands as a receiver and has upside in that facet of the game. He also shows the size, strength and competitiveness to develop into a solid pass blocker with improved technique and more attention to detail.

Weaknesses: Durability is the biggest concern. He has been limited by injuries in each of his three collegiate seasons, yet he also has lots of mileage on his legs with 728 carries in the 30 games played to date. He will enter the NFL having already suffered injuries to his shoulder, ankle and collarbone. He is an upright runner that loses some power because he fails to consistently run with good pad-level. He's not overly elusive and won't make many defenders miss in space. He lacks ideal experience in the passing game. Will need polishing as a route runner and as a blocker.

Overall: Peterson started eight of 13 games played as a true freshman in 2004, when he rushed for 1,925 yards and 15 touchdowns on 339 carries. He also caught five passes for 12 yards that season. He was suspended for two days during 2005 spring practice and did not start vs. UCLA because he missed classes. As a sophomore in 2005, Peterson started eight of 11 games played (missed Baylor and parts of three other games with ankle sprain), and finished with 1,108 yards and 14 TD's on 220 carries, and caught nine passes for 50 yards. A broken collarbone (Iowa State 10/14) forced him to miss seven games in 2006. For the season he rushed 188 times for 1,012 yards (5.4 average) and 12 touchdowns and also caught 10 passes for 136 yards and one touchdown, earning him a first team All-Big 12 selection. On a side note: His father was in prison from when Peterson was in middle school until October of 2006.

Durability is the biggest knock on Peterson. Otherwise, he's a complete prospect with special physical skills and competitiveness. When healthy, Peterson displays an outstanding combination of size, vision, instincts, burst and power as a runner. Also, while his receptions were limited in college, he displays soft hands and lots of potential in that department. Overall, Peterson is by far the best running back in the 2007 class and he ranks as one of the top-five prospects regardless of position.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

:yawn:

I don't have to read a scouts view on a player. See, I actually watch the games. Adrian Peterson is a hell of a lot better than Darren McFadden, a couple of college injuries or not.

Let it go assmop. Don't worry, McFadden will flop for you. Just you wait.

Oh and just so you don't think he was hurt in his freshman year, he was the back-up for the first five games before being named the starter.

:yawn:

I don't have to read a scouts view on a player. See, I actually watch the games. Adrian Peterson is a hell of a lot better than Darren McFadden, a couple of college injuries or not.

Let it go assmop. Don't worry, McFadden will flop for you. Just you wait.

Oh and just so you don't think he was hurt in his freshman year, he was the back-up for the first five games before being named the starter.

disagree 100% and i have nothing else to do on saturday but watch college football.

Mcfadden and Peterson are comparable talents at the college level. I guess the biggest difference is that we now know that Petersons talent transitioned seemlessly to the NFL level, while we still dont know that about Mcfadden. My opinion is that Mcfadden will be a superstar in the NFL, Im not sure if he will be as great as Peterson has been, but i wouldnt put any money on him busting either

I don't see how one can assume that the play Peterson has demonstrated behind a phenomenal OL could be expected from McFadden behind the Jets OL. There is not one premiere-type run-blocker on this team. Peterson wouldn't be having nearly the season he's having now if he was on the Jets.

Rebuilding an entire offensive line takes time. It's not the quick-fix of "immediate rebuilding" that some make it out to be. Now it should be faster than it's been, b/c Tangini totally ignored the line this season (other than dumping Kendall). It was a crucial error.

Rebuilding the entire defensive line, likewise, also takes time. And the only additions we've attempted in two years are Kimo, Coleman, Hamilton, and Titus Adams.

Stud HB's come out or are otherwise available almost every year. In 2006 it was Reggie Bush. In 2007 it was Peterson. In '08, McFadden seems to be all the rage. In '09 it will be someone different. And in 2010 after that. But there have also been others. There were three "stud" HB's taken in the top 5 in 2005. None of them are superstars (though Brown was finally having a good season in year three). And not all "stud" RB's are taken that high either, even if they're taken in round one. But for every Larry Johnson, there's a Willis McGahee. For every Stephen Jackson, there's a William Green (yeah, remember that name?). There are no sure things. And I hate taking one supposedly great prospect instead of a different supposedly great one plus two more picks we'd get for trading down plus the extra cap room to turn a so-so FA acquisition into a solid one.

A HB can be inserted immediately when the other pieces are in place. Lines take more time. Trading down for 2-3 stud-to-solid lineman on both fronts will help this team a LOT more than a halfback, no matter how well he did in college.

I don't see how one can assume that the play Peterson has demonstrated behind a phenomenal OL could be expected from McFadden behind the Jets OL. There is not one premiere-type run-blocker on this team. Peterson wouldn't be having nearly the season he's having now if he was on the Jets.

Rebuilding an entire offensive line takes time. It's not the quick-fix of "immediate rebuilding" that some make it out to be. Now it should be faster than it's been, b/c Tangini totally ignored the line this season (other than dumping Kendall). It was a crucial error.

Rebuilding the entire defensive line, likewise, also takes time. And the only additions we've attempted in two years are Kimo, Coleman, Hamilton, and Titus Adams.

Stud HB's come out or are otherwise available almost every year. In 2006 it was Reggie Bush. In 2007 it was Peterson. In '08, McFadden seems to be all the rage. In '09 it will be someone different. And in 2010 after that. But there have also been others. There were three "stud" HB's taken in the top 5 in 2005. None of them are superstars (though Brown was finally having a good season in year three). And not all "stud" RB's are taken that high either, even if they're taken in round one. But for every Larry Johnson, there's a Willis McGahee. For every Stephen Jackson, there's a William Green (yeah, remember that name?). There are no sure things. And I hate taking one supposedly great prospect instead of a different supposedly great one plus two more picks we'd get for trading down plus the extra cap room to turn a so-so FA acquisition into a solid one.

A HB can be inserted immediately when the other pieces are in place. Lines take more time. Trading down for 2-3 stud-to-solid lineman on both fronts will help this team a LOT more than a halfback, no matter how well he did in college.

you conveniently left out who is playing QB for Queens

a combo of Tavaris/Holcomb and yes Bolly

he is playing against 8 man fronts and all this kid needs is a crease.

wait until queens get a real QB and you will see what AP can do

DMC is in same mold and we already drafted 2 OL in 1st rd... Hellooooooooo

the highest pick on Colts OL was a 2nd rounder.

The Ark-LSU game will be nationally televised the day after thanksgiving, so everyone can get to see how he does against a top team.

i am expecting little from him, LSU has a monster DL and ARK has a QB

with a PENNE arm

BAMA ran for 20 yds vs LSU... 20 yds!!!! as a team

LSU will not let DMC/jones beat them

The Ark-LSU game will be nationally televised the day after thanksgiving, so everyone can get to see how he does against a top team.

It won't be very good. The best defense he faced this year (Auburn) isn't near LSU's level of domination and he only got 43 yards against them.

Laveranues Coles.

Jerricho Cotchery.

Thomas Jones.

He may be another Adrian Peterson. Just not with our team.

You can't run where there are no holes, and there just aren't any with the Jets right now.

Needs as I see them:

1) Pass rusher (a rush might eliminate the need for another cornerback)

2)#1 wide receiver, one who scares the hell out of DC's (Coles and Cotchery are great possession receivers, but they sure don't scare anyone)

3) Nose tackle (only 3 because there doesn't seem to be any available)

4) OL's, specifically LG and RT

Overachieving last year caused everyone to overestimate our talent level. It's time to come back to objectivity.

He may be another Adrian Peterson. Just not with our team.

You can't run where there are no holes, and there just aren't any with the Jets right now.

Needs as I see them:

1) Pass rusher (a rush might eliminate the need for another cornerback)

2)#1 wide receiver, one who scares the hell out of DC's (Coles and Cotchery are great possession receivers, but they sure don't scare anyone)

3) Nose tackle (only 3 because there doesn't seem to be any available)

4) OL's, specifically LG and RT

Overachieving last year caused everyone to overestimate our talent level. It's time to come back to objectivity.[/quote

IF DMC 's final grade is 99 and you take a DT with a grade of 95, you are

freaking nuts.

BAP is the only way out of this mess

Archived