David Harris/defense

NYjet10

I thought where ever the ball was today he was always invloved on making a tackle or being in the play. I think he played a great game,and should be a candiadate for rookie of the week again no matter what the other rookies do this weekend. I think this kid has a great future. i also say screw vilma. if we switch back to the 4-3 maybe Harris wont be comfortable and he wont adjust like vilma has in the 3-4. because harris is faster and younger and just as strong i say keep the 3-4 the way it is that is not the problem. i thought the D had a pretty good game. what killed us on D was TO beat revis pretty badly once,and whoever was covering witten did horrible on that witten touchdown. so the D only had a couple of bad plays, but they did force romo into pressure they shouldve had 3 int if not for dropped balls,and we gave dallas a couple of 3 and outs. believe me the 4-3 is not the answer because vilma likes it better. Harris is fine so get rid of Vilma. we should trade him for a pick, and chad for a pick and work on the OL this offseason,and maybe 2 or 3 slots on D, but overall i think if we get a better OL and 2 more defensive playmakers we will have a great season next year. i truly believe in this approach in the offseason!

I thought where ever the ball was today he was always invloved on making a tackle or being in the play. I think he played a great game,and should be a candiadate for rookie of the week again no matter what the other rookies do this weekend. I think this kid has a great future. i also say screw vilma. if we switch back to the 4-3 maybe Harris wont be comfortable and he wont adjust like vilma has in the 3-4. because harris is faster and younger and just as strong i say keep the 3-4 the way it is that is not the problem. i thought the D had a pretty good game. what killed us on D was TO beat revis pretty badly once,and whoever was covering witten did horrible on that witten touchdown. so the D only had a couple of bad plays, but they did force romo into pressure they shouldve had 3 int if not for dropped balls,and we gave dallas a couple of 3 and outs. believe me the 4-3 is not the answer because vilma likes it better. Harris is fine so get rid of Vilma. we should trade him for a pick, and chad for a pick and work on the OL this offseason,and maybe 2 or 3 slots on D, but overall i think if we get a better OL and 2 more defensive playmakers we will have a great season next year. i truly believe in this approach in the offseason!

here here someone finally talking some sense.. Thought revis had a good game over all though

Harris is not faster than Vilma, just faster than people thought he was. He is a better answerat LB in this set. But the Jets primary need is a Calvin Johnson-esque receiver. Someone with speed and size. They will not win until they start putting points up. Our offense puts no pressure on opposing defenses.

Nobody was covering Witten. That was the problem. The player in question was Chatham. I think that after the break they have gone much more heavily into the rotation on D. Maybe it was the two games in four days or just a concerted effort to keep guys fresh. They've looked better, but it killed us on that play.

Harris is not faster than Vilma, just faster than people thought he was. He is a better answerat LB in this set. But the Jets primary need is a Calvin Johnson-esque receiver. Someone with speed and size. They will not win until they start putting points up. Our offense puts no pressure on opposing defenses.

The team gives up 150 to Julius Jones and can barely get 50 on the ground and you think wr is the biggest need? FWIW, Calvin Johnson may have been the single greatest wr prospect ever. There isn't going to be another one coming out soon.

jack48 Well put.................Ive been saying we need a true #1 reciever for years.Size and speed is the answer.Coles is getting old and hes beginning to feel the pain of the game streak he has compiled.Bring in a #1 Coles can be the #2 Cotch #3.

jack48 Well put.................Ive been saying we need a true #1 reciever for years.Size and speed is the answer.Coles is getting old and hes beginning to feel the pain of the game streak he has compiled.Bring in a #1 Coles can be the #2 Cotch #3.

everyone talks about the defense--but good defenses give up 14-17 a game. we don't even score that. teams have been sitting on our WRs heads for years

The team gives up 150 to Julius Jones and can barely get 50 on the ground and you think wr is the biggest need? FWIW, Calvin Johnson may have been the single greatest wr prospect ever. There isn't going to be another one coming out soon.

Calvin Johnson dropped like 5 passes including a TD yesterday. People here would be yelling "bust" if we drafted him.

Nobody was covering Witten. That was the problem. The player in question was Chatham. I think that after the break they have gone much more heavily into the rotation on D. Maybe it was the two games in four days or just a concerted effort to keep guys fresh. They've looked better, but it killed us on that play.

When did Julius Jones go for 150? Read the post--I said -esque. We need big fast, game changing. Those kind of guys can be had. We need a top notch WR and a top notch OLB. If you think improving our defense gets us wins you haven 't been counting our TDs. No defense nowadays hold another team down like we have been getting held down. The offense is ill. It is suffering from a life threatening illness. Maybe the Jets didn't practice any plays over 15 yards all summer and cannot get it done now. I tend to think oit is our wideouts. And of course, our OL

When did Julius Jones go for 150? Read the post--I said -esque. We need big fast, game changing. Those kind of guys can be had. We need a top notch WR and a top notch OLB. If you think improving our defense gets us wins you haven 't been counting our TDs. No defense nowadays hold another team down like we have been getting held down. The offense is ill. It is suffering from a life threatening illness. Maybe the Jets didn't practice any plays over 15 yards all summer and cannot get it done now. I tend to think oit is our wideouts. And of course, our OL

I apologize for the Julius Jones remark. Barber had the better day. I understand you said -esque. Tall fast receivers are what everybody wants. Good ones don't grow on trees. I'd love another good wr, but I think it is way down on the list of things we need. I think the O is a big problem, but I'm more worried about the running game. I don't mind drafting a wr or OLB with a high pick. Those guys have to be athletic specimens which should go higher in the draft. We need an OG or two, but I'm not in love with the idea of picking one in the first.

Archived