Proposed Mets -Yanks trade- Sheffield for Cameron? Fiction

faba

Are NYY fans happy about moving Sheffield, cancerous as he may be, for Cameron? I know I love to kill the Yankees...but in all seriousness you cant be happy about this deal.

I cant fathom that it will be a straight up trade...are there prospects involved?

Then again...can the Met-a-mucils handle YET ANOTHER clubhouse cancer?

Are NYY fans happy about moving Sheffield, cancerous as he may be, for Cameron? I know I love to kill the Yankees...but in all seriousness you cant be happy about this deal.

I cant fathom that it will be a straight up trade...are there prospects involved?

Then again...can the Met-a-mucils handle YET ANOTHER clubhouse cancer?

I would hat to see Shef go. That swing of his is amazing.

On the other hand, Shef will only be here through '06, and Cameron is much younger and more athletic. And Bernie will be gone after this year. We need a center fielder badly. I know Matsui can play center too, but I think Cameron is better defensively.

I would hat to see Shef go. That swing of his is amazing.

On the other hand, Shef will only be here through '06, and Cameron is much younger and more athletic. And Bernie will be gone after this year. We need a center fielder badly. I know Matsui can play center too, but I think Cameron is better defensively.

I can not believe this trade is serious- I happen to like Sheffield- if the Mets had gotten him 4 years ago like I wanted them to in a trade.

The Mets to trade for a 36 year old guy and give up a younger player like Cameron would not make sense

I can not believe this trade is serious- I happen to like Sheffield- if the Mets had gotten him 4 years ago like I wanted them to in a trade.

The Mets to trade for a 36 year old guy and give up a younger player like Cameron would not make sense

Sheffield is one of the few tradeable commodities the Yankees can move.

The problem is though if you move him for Cameron who plays right ? Matsui ? Womack ? (Bwhahaha)

Could you imagine an outfield of Matsui, Cameron and Sierra ? I sure can't.

Cashman has been steadfast in saying that he will not trade Wang or Cano. So basically that leaves Sheffield, Womack and maybe Gordon as the only tradeable pieces.

I think the Yanks would be better of looking at a Kotsay or even a Randy Winn in Seattle. It all depends on what Seattle or Oakland wants.

Sheffield is one of the few tradeable commodities the Yankees can move.

The problem is though if you move him for Cameron who plays right ? Matsui ? Womack ? (Bwhahaha)

Could you imagine an outfield of Matsui, Cameron and Sierra ? I sure can't.

Cashman has been steadfast in saying that he will not trade Wang or Cano. So basically that leaves Sheffield, Womack and maybe Gordon as the only tradeable pieces.

I think the Yanks would be better of looking at a Kotsay or even a Randy Winn in Seattle. It all depends on what Seattle or Oakland wants.

if anything...I thought the Mets and Yanks would swap Glavine and K Brown. At least it would be addition by subtraction in both cases.

If I were Cashman, I would just give Brown away. Don't forsee any takers, though. Maybe juice up the giveaway with a coupon for a free oil change.

if anything...I thought the Mets and Yanks would swap Glavine and K Brown. At least it would be addition by subtraction in both cases.

If I were Cashman, I would just give Brown away. Don't forsee any takers, though. Maybe juice up the giveaway with a coupon for a free oil change.

According to the Bergen Record, the Yankees and Mets have ''a tentative deal'' in place that would swap Gary Sheffield for Mike Cameron and Miguel Cairo.

The Record reports that the Mets are awaiting a formal offer from the Yankees, who are also interested in Oakland center fielder Mark Kotsay.

I will believe it when I see it.

I guess I would sign up for it and hand the job to Diaz next year and there is still plenty of time to move Sheff if we are done by the trade deadline.

According to the Bergen Record, the Yankees and Mets have ''a tentative deal'' in place that would swap Gary Sheffield for Mike Cameron and Miguel Cairo.

The Record reports that the Mets are awaiting a formal offer from the Yankees, who are also interested in Oakland center fielder Mark Kotsay.

I guess I would sign up for it and hand the job to Diaz next year and there is still plenty of time to move Sheff if we are done by the trade deadline.

i just don't understand the yankees logic sometimes. 'getting younger' does not mean a 32 year-old center fielder. and where exactly will cairo play?

the yankees should trade sheffield for prospects, either OF, 1B, or C. it's time for cashman to earn his $ - let's see him unload sheff and posada and bring in some youth.

i just don't understand the yankees logic sometimes. 'getting younger' does not mean a 32 year-old center fielder. and where exactly will cairo play?

the yankees should trade sheffield for prospects, either OF, 1B, or C. it's time for cashman to earn his $ - let's see him unload sheff and posada and bring in some youth.

Maybe Cano is a goner as due to Brown and Wright injuries Yanks have to keep Wang which they should anyway. Or maybe Cano moves to RF.

Maybe Cano is a goner as due to Brown and Wright injuries Yanks have to keep Wang which they should anyway. Or maybe Cano moves to RF.

Its BS.

I was listening to mike and the mad dog

They had I think it was Sweeny Curti on the line, and Curti reported that the Yankees called the Mets inquiring about Mike Cameron. The Mets than said "we would want sheffield", and thats that, so there is no trade.

Mike Cameron sucks. He may be hitting for a good average this year but he is a joke of a hitter. And isn't Cairo on the DL?? You can't trade for a player on the DL!!

Its BS.

I was listening to mike and the mad dog

They had I think it was Sweeny Curti on the line, and Curti reported that the Yankees called the Mets inquiring about Mike Cameron. The Mets than said "we would want sheffield", and thats that, so there is no trade.

Mike Cameron sucks. He may be hitting for a good average this year but he is a joke of a hitter. And isn't Cairo on the DL?? You can't trade for a player on the DL!!

That is the problem.

The teams with the prospects do not want to swallow a 'allegded' roid users 12 million dollar salary.

The Yankees would be lucky to move him to the Long Island Ducks for John Rocker even by swalloing all of Sheff's salary.

That is the problem.

The teams with the prospects do not want to swallow a 'allegded' roid users 12 million dollar salary.

The Yankees would be lucky to move him to the Long Island Ducks for John Rocker even by swalloing all of Sheff's salary.

Archived