This board is pathetic

DaBrick Wall

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoyed the game because the jets were in the game til the final play.

You're pretty easy to please then. :-)

Although the D played "okay" for most of the game, i thought it was a boring game, with boring playcalling, uninspired play, questionable game management, and a distinct lack of improvement at the QB spot.

I didnt listen/watch one second of the post-game, as I know I wont get anything useful out of it. I'm still a suffering Jet fan, but I hate this HC and his B.S. co-ords. I'm not too happy with the GM and owner, either.

I'll still root for the players though.

he bounced a couple of balls in a driving rainstorm. i don't know if you noticed but anderson started to struggle with his accuracy as well once the rain picked up. kc threw some of the best passes i have seen in years from a jet qb yesterday. the ball to b smith down the sideline was perfect. the throw to cotch during the 2 minute was on time and in between coverage. this kid can play if the jets can keep him upright and give him some weapons to throw to.

what i don't understand is why do i always see clement and moore standing around blocking no one while KC is getting killed. always from the same side.

That may be true, it is hard to grasp the weather on the tiny sopcast screen or grainy picture. OTOH, this isn't a new phenomenon. He hasn't exactly been tearing it up. You may be right about Clement and Moore. Maybe they are the reason we can't go deep, but that still doesn't make it Schottenheimer's fault. They can't go deep much, the kid gets dropped far too often and it doesn't matter if it's not his fault.

Chris Henry? Ugh. Wanting to put talent before character is one thing, Chris Henry is quite another. I'd go after Pacman Jones first.

I'm sick of all that "core character" crapola Dom...as I said yesterday get me 22 mean-ass scumbags that want to hurt people and can help us win I don't care-I want to win. I'll worry about showing my kids what kind of people they need to be myself thank you very much. I don't NEED professional athletes as role models for my kids

we need a true #1. why can't we have someone like roy williams? meshawn is the closest thing to an elite WR we've had in decades and even he was more of an excellent #2.

jgb AGREED Coles is a warrior but a #1 hes not. This team needs an explosive Moss/Owens type tall speedster with YAC abilities.

I'm sick of all that "core character" crapola Dom...as I said yesterday get me 22 mean-ass scumbags that want to hurt people and can help us win I don't care-I want to win. I'll worry about showing my kids what kind of people they need to be myself thank you very much. I don't NEED professional athletes as role models for my kids

I'm not a big fan of it either, but I don't think we should back away now. If nothing else, Henry is only one boneheaded move from another lengthy suspension, so I wouldn't want to go on the hook for him. Cause he is a bonehead at a minimum.

we need a true #1. why can't we have someone like roy williams? meshawn is the closest thing to an elite WR we've had in decades and even he was more of an excellent #2.

I think living in TOs shadow hasnt helped Crayton much, he could be a feature here. IMO

jgb AGREED Coles is a warrior but a #1 hes not. This team needs an explosive Moss/Owens type tall speedster with YAC abilities.

I'm telling you guys-Chad Johnson needs to be a Jet-he even said he liked the idea of playing here in the big city

our needs are in the trenches..........period

our wr core are better than servicable if clemens had time look downfield for the open guy

I'm starting to fear that Coles has reached that point in his career where he's becoming too injury prone-every ball he caught yesterday looked like it really friggin hurt-we were all wincing at home just watching.

Last week NIGHTSTALKER posted a link to an interview by Mike and The Mad Dog with Mike Tannenbaum and they actually made a great point on how the teams that are able to play "pitch and catch" (their words-not mine) teams like NE with Moss and Stallworth and Welker, Green Bay, Indy and Dallas are the ones having the most success in this era-that's why I want US to get with the program and GET a big time WR like a Chad Johnson-who would be a perfect fit in a city like New York

our needs are in the trenches..........period

our wr core are better than servicable if clemens had time look downfield for the open guy

Better than serviceable is not winning CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Coles and Cotchery are #2s at best.We need a #1 reciever.Look what Plaxico Burris is doing for Eli Manning............I rest my case.

I'm starting to fear that Coles has reached that point in his career where he's becoming too injury prone-every ball he caught yesterday looked like it really friggin hurt-we were all wincing at home just watching.

Last week NIGHTSTALKER posted a link to an interview by Mike and The Mad Dog with Mike Tannenbaum and they actually made a great point on how the teams that are able to play "pitch and catch" (their words-not mine) teams like NE with Moss and Stallworth and Welker, Green Bay, Indy and Dallas are the ones having the most success in this era-that's why I want US to get with the program and GET a big time WR like a Chad Johnson-who would be a perfect fit in a city like New York

lets see ne, indy,gb & dallas..........ya think the top 4 q backs in the league have anything to do with it?

We finallyh benched a mediocre q back & now have a very young q'back with potential. We don't have an elite q'back therefore i'm sticking with the old addage that defense wins championships & that games are won & lost in the trenches before I buy into the pitch & catch theory.

I'm embarrassed to be a friggin Jets fan. Not because of the loss today. But because of bandwagon, idiotic fans like most of this board has now. A year ago EVERY SINGLE ONE of you was sucking off Mangini and dubbing him "Mangenius." (and probably most of you were back to it again last week, only to change your minds like the morons you really are this week). 8 of our 10 losses have been by 11 points or less, including 6 by a touchdown or less. Ever get to thinking that this is much of the same team as last year except we aren't getting the little breaks that we did last year?

This team is playing hard, busting their asses, and coming close every damn week. The team has no offensive line, no defensive line, and a ****ING ROOKIE QUARTERBACK. You can't expect them to win every single goddamn game, especially against probable playoff teams. Kellen Clemens will still be starting next year, and Eric Mangini will still be the coach. And if they play well and improve dramatically and are a winning team next year, I expect to see none of you same *******s on this board praising the **** out of our genius coach and the next Tom Brady at QB.

That's all I have to say. Unbelievable.

POST OF THE YEAR.

pathetic. we need a better line, no doubt. but a true #1 WR can create running room, too.

As shown on the last play of yesterdays game, Thomas & steinback created all the running room needed for most running backs in the league. I think mangold was a better draft pick than wr tedd ginn when it comes to wanting a better running or passing game.

As shown on the last play of yesterdays game, Thomas & steinback created all the running room needed for most running backs in the league. I think mangold was a better draft pick than wr tedd ginn when it comes to wanting a better running or passing game.

i'm not talking about ginn. i'm talking about roy williams or ocho cinco. you're crazy if you don't think having one of those guys would increase our yards per carry.

i'm not talking about ginn. i'm talking about roy williams or ocho cinco. you're crazy if you don't think having one of those guys would increase our yards per carry.

why not grab brady or peyton while you're in pipedream mode ? We are not 1 stud wide receiver away from being a good team. We need oline & dline help much moreso than any other position.

lets see ne, indy,gb & dallas..........ya think the top 4 q backs in the league have anything to do with it?

We finallyh benched a mediocre q back & now have a very young q'back with potential. We don't have an elite q'back therefore i'm sticking with the old addage that defense wins championships & that games are won & lost in the trenches before I buy into the pitch & catch theory.

Very solid points. Four of the best QB's OL's and Defenses in the league. Do you honestly think that a guy like Greg Jennings would make THAT much of a difference on this team? No.

The problem with the offense this year isnt the QB, the RB, the WR, or the coaches, its the OL.

If the OL cant run block well and gives the QB no time to pass, what's a coach or QB or RB or WR to do?

It all starts up front, and thats where we're weakest, on both sides of the ball.

why not grab brady or peyton while you're in pipedream mode ? We are not 1 stud wide receiver away from being a good team. We need oline & dline help much moreso than any other position.

I don't think merely fixing the OL is enough. I do think we are questionable at QB now, and that our WRs simply do not match up with the better offenses in the league.

I'm a big proponent of building an offense first, and then really working on a defense. The reason I think this is that offensive pieces are harder to get together, but once you do it the offense for the most part is good for a decade and you just need minor pieces replaced. Defenses age really fast and are usually easier to put together too. Also at least with an exciting offense the games are fun to watch and you're in games, and maybe can scheme a defense to be competent. You can't really scheme offense without any pieces.

I don't think merely fixing the OL is enough. I do think we are questionable at QB now, and that our WRs simply do not match up with the better offenses in the league.

I'm a big proponent of building an offense first, and then really working on a defense. The reason I think this is that offensive pieces are harder to get together, but once you do it the offense for the most part is good for a decade and you just need minor pieces replaced. Defenses age really fast and are usually easier to put together too. Also at least with an exciting offense the games are fun to watch and you're in games, and maybe can scheme a defense to be competent. You can't really scheme offense without any pieces.

OL, DL first.

If we become solid at both OL and DL we would be a very competitive team.

you should notice i said we need better lines. but we sure as heck need a downfield threat too. you decided me saying "we sure need better lines" to mean "we don't need to upgrade our lines."

OL, DL first.

If we become solid at both OL and DL we would be a very competitive team.

How about at the same time? The Cowboys in the 90s, the Chargers recently, and quite a few other teams get some other pieces in place before getting the OL taken care of. The key is to build a good TEAM, not just part of a team while neglecting others. I do not think even with the Vikings OL that this team would be good. With the Cowboys DL we'd still not be great either. We are weak all over the place, imo it's too simplistic to think fixing the lines alone will turn us into contenders.

Not me friend, I called it last year...I said Mangini WAS NOT the answer for us. And this year he has proved it 10 out of 13 times. His pathetic game planning and stubborness has lead us to this point. How many games did we lose after having the lead lost away late in the fourth quarter. How many games did we lose after being tied in the fourth quarter. How many games did the team NOT show up???

You must be freaking kidding.....Mangini is not the HC for our future....get that in your head, just like Herm wasn't.

Mangini is! Herm wasn't.

you should notice i said we need better lines. but we sure as heck need a downfield threat too. you decided me saying "we sure need better lines" to mean "we don't need to upgrade our lines."

actually I thought you mean't that we as fans need to upgrade our cocaine consumption :mrgreen:

the jets sucked the last bit of life outta me the last game penny started. I hit bottom & turned the game off after our 1st offensive series.

since doing that, I am a beaten man but have no passion either way.I now watch em & look for the positives we can carry forward to next year. We have young hardworking players on our roster that give me hope. I have tenne & eric to thank for that. I like what both drafts have given us & look forward to another batch of immediate help to our team.

Archived