TO goes off on Keyshawn, Parcells

Matt39

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/to_fires_back_at_keyshawn.html

Cant really argue with what he's saying

T.O. fires back at Keyshawn

12:34 PM Wed, Dec 12, 2007 | Permalink

Albert Breer email-icon.jpg E-mail email-icon.jpg News tips

OK, so on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown this week, former Cowboys (and Jets and Bucs) WR Keyshawn Johnson said he feels like the Tuna deserves credit for building this team that's 12-1.

And that, added to what Key said earlier in the year, was enough to prompt Terrell Owens to let loose in the afternoon today. Man, some day for Tabloid Timmy to be stuck in a conference room, and locked away from Cowboys Blog.

"I’m probably the main reason he’s in the booth right now," Owens said, referencing the fact that his signing led to Johnson's Dallas ouster. "It’s uncharacteristic of him, but it doesn’t surprise me. For me, if he’s gonna be hater and throw me under the bus, (it’s) because he and Bill are real good friends. Nobody would even know he won the Super Bowl unless you checked the roster.

"My thing is, we came out the same year. He was a first-rounder, I was a third rounder. I’m still playing, he’s not. You compare our stats up until the time he retired, it’s a no-brainer. I’d challenge him to come out and try to make this team. He’d be a third or fourth receiver at this point. He can hate all he wants to. Compare the stats, they don’t lie.

"Here’s a guy, writes the book, ‘Give Me the Damn Ball,’ and he has 106 catches and one touchdown, and that was off a tipped pass. I’ll never do that in my career. He can hate all he wants to."

It seemed like this was pretty deep rooted. But T.O. did take time to respond to the assertion that this is still Team Tuna.

"It’s not a matter of me giving or not giving Bill credit," Owens said. "Everybody wants to make a big deal, that this is the team he built. It doesn’t matter. ... My thing is give credit to Wade (that's Phillips). The difference between Wade and Parcells is this: Parcells, he didn’t use me as a playmaker; Wade, he got the staff, and that’s what I’m being used as.

"Plain and simple, without trying to be negative or anything. I’m being used as a playmaker, and as I said, the proof is in the pudding."

Then, things swung right back to Key, and his willingness to toss a couple verbal stones. And the idea that Johnson is Parcells' mouthpiece.

"Those guys are probably talking about me, chopping it up, drinking coffee," Owens said. "They can have their little pity party and talk about me all day long. It doesn’t bother me. There’s a lot of people on the ESPN panel and across the country that has observed what has happened this year vs. last year. And there’s a lot of people that just don’t want to give credit for what Wade has does and what wasn’t done last year. That’s it. I’m not trying to be negative."

And now the clock starts ... I just can't wait for T-Mac to weigh on in

Like it or not TO is right.

I agree, every Sunday on NFL Countdown you can always bet that Keyshawn is going to say something negative about wither T.O. or Moss. Its painfully obvious that Keyshawn is pissed he's not playing anymore and got released by Carolina. Screw him, more power to T.O.

I agree, every Sunday on NFL Countdown you can always bet that Keyshawn is going to say something negative about wither T.O. or Moss. Its painfully obvious that Keyshawn is pissed he's not playing anymore and got released by Carolina. Screw him, more power to T.O.

Keyshawn always had a ridiculously high opinion of himself as a player. I remember watching a Monday night game years ago when the Bucs (w/Keyshawn) were playing the Colts.

Dumbass kept talking on the sidelines about how he was a better receiver than Marvin Harrison b/c Harrison shyed away from contact and he didn't He had the audacity to do this while he miked up.

He ripped Jets fans in 2000 after he got traded. The guy is a piece of garbage.

Keyshawn always had a ridiculously high opinion of himself as a player. I remember watching a Monday night game years ago when the Bucs (w/Keyshawn) were playing the Colts.

Dumbass kept talking on the sidelines about how he was a better receiver than Marvin Harrison b/c Harrison shyed away from contact and he didn't He had the audacity to do this while he miked up.

He ripped Jets fans in 2000 after he got traded. The guy is a piece of garbage.

Yeah and now he gets paid to rip on players and give his opinion. You would figure he'd be happy by now...

T.O. fires back at Keyshawn

12:34 PM Wed, Dec 12, 2007 | Permalink

Albert Breer email-icon.jpg E-mail email-icon.jpg News tips

OK, so on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown this week, former Cowboys (and Jets and Bucs) WR Keyshawn Johnson said he feels like the Tuna deserves credit for building this team that's 12-1.

And that, added to what Key said earlier in the year, was enough to prompt Terrell Owens to let loose in the afternoon today. Man, some day for Tabloid Timmy to be stuck in a conference room, and locked away from Cowboys Blog.

"I’m probably the main reason he’s in the booth right now," Owens said, referencing the fact that his signing led to Johnson's Dallas ouster. "It’s uncharacteristic of him, but it doesn’t surprise me. For me, if he’s gonna be hater and throw me under the bus, (it’s) because he and Bill are real good friends. Nobody would even know he won the Super Bowl unless you checked the roster.

"My thing is, we came out the same year. He was a first-rounder, I was a third rounder. I’m still playing, he’s not. You compare our stats up until the time he retired, it’s a no-brainer. I’d challenge him to come out and try to make this team. He’d be a third or fourth receiver at this point. He can hate all he wants to. Compare the stats, they don’t lie.

"Here’s a guy, writes the book, ‘Give Me the Damn Ball,’ and he has 106 catches and one touchdown, and that was off a tipped pass. I’ll never do that in my career. He can hate all he wants to."

It seemed like this was pretty deep rooted. But T.O. did take time to respond to the assertion that this is still Team Tuna.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no he didn't! lol, :)

TO is officially my favorite NFL player. He is spot on in this case.

The Jets need to sign Keyshawn and bring him out of retirement for 2008 and see if he can match T.Os numbers.

This team needs a few players with attitude and arrogance like Keyshawn.

Maybe they wouldnt be the doormat of the NFL.

Yes, that will help the Jets climb out of the doldrums.

Signing an over the hill receiver for the sole reason that he's a dick.

Archived