After this game, I am more confident for the future.

Barton

The Jets played their hearts out today and the defense really showed up. Mangini is the real deal. Once we get the talent to compete with the elite teams, watch out.

I hope you are right but the same things were said after that Pats playoff loss last season. and now look at the team.

I no longer look at individual games as anything more than one game. ANything can happen in a game. I mean look at the Dolphins. They lost 3-0 to the Steelers and haven't really been close again until today.

For them to get better next season, they need a great offseason.

The Jets played their hearts out today and the defense really showed up. Mangini is the real deal. Once we get the talent to compete with the elite teams, watch out.

Yeah but Clemens didn't show much promise at all Barton. I know you like the kid and so do I in a way but that was an awful play.

I hope to God he's able to come back so we can have some more time to evaluae this guy. The last thing this team needs is QB becoming a position of need.

I hope you are right but the same things were said after that Pats playoff loss last season. and now look at the team.

I no longer look at individual games as anything more than one game. ANything can happen in a game. I mean look at the Dolphins. They lost 3-0 to the Steelers and haven't really been close again until today.

For them to get better next season, they need a great offseason.

Do you ever have anything to say good about the Jets really. There is a fine line between being realistic and being negative.

If you arent joking, then I agree. More offensive weapons and beef will give us some consistant play to actually put up points.

The defense held up pretty well for the most part, as did the ST. (except for Nuge)

Do you ever have anything to say good about the Jets really. There is a fine line between being realistic and being negative.

it's called reality. A loss is a loss, end of story. How long have you been a Jets fan?

The same crap has been said for years.. Next year they will be better. Next year is the year. Yeah next year was never the year. I've heard the same stupid crap year after year... Like I said, I hope Barton is right, but the reality is, last year the Jets were supposed to be heading in the right direction and the future looked bright after they stayed close to the Pats in the wildcard game until that bad bounce and lucky Pats fumble run back.

Yet this season the Jets are 3-something and who knows if the future looks bright. It really depends on the offseason. I'm not blind like you to think everything will be great just because somebody says so.

If you arent joking, then I agree. More offensive weapons and beef will give us some consistant play to actually put up points.

The defense held up pretty well for the most part, as did the ST. (except for Nuge)

No, I am being serious.

To me, this game just cements the thought that the only thing holding us back is talent. Mangini knows how to scheme up a defense, he's shown that, it is proven. This defense is bottom tier in talent, and they had an outstanding game against the #1 offense in the entire league.

Now obviously, you need a QB or its all moot. So it all hinders on Clemens' development too. Unless we draft another mid rd QB this year.

No excuses for trotting out this Oline in 2008, though.

it's called reality. A loss is a loss, end of story. How long have you been a Jets fan?

The same crap has been said for years.. Next year they will be better. Next year is the year. Yeah next year was never the year. I've heard the same stupid crap year after year... Like I said, I hope Barton is right, but the reality is, last year the Jets were supposed to be heading in the right direction and the future looked bright after they stayed close to the Pats in the wildcard game until that bad bounce and lucky Pats fumble run back.

Yet this season the Jets are 3-something and who knows if the future looks bright. It really depends on the offseason. I'm not blind like you to think everything will be great just because somebody says so.

Yea im blind because I have seen the past 2 seasons and I know that we can draft as good as anyone. Look at all the good young players we have. We also have a lot of cap space and will get more draft picks this year if we pull off that trade with the chiefs and if we can get a good pick for Vilma if he gets traded. If you want go b*tching around with your "im done with this team crap" then fine but don't come crawling back when were good next year.

No, I am being serious.

To me, this game just cements the thought that the only thing holding us back is talent. Mangini knows how to scheme up a defense, he's shown that, it is proven. This defense is bottom tier in talent, and they had an outstanding game against the #1 offense in the entire league.

Now obviously, you need a QB or its all moot. So it all hinders on Clemens' development too. Unless we draft another mid rd QB this year.

No excuses for trotting out this Oline in 2008, though.

No arguement here, good post.

Has Bender been used at RT at all yet? If not Id say give him a possession or 2 to see what he looks like. He was supposed to be a "natural" RT.

No arguement here, good post.

Has Bender been used at RT at all yet? If not Id say give him a possession or 2 to see what he looks like. He was supposed to be a "natural" RT.

What's up with Bender? If he's supposedly so good why havent the Jets used him at all yet? Because Anthony Clement is so good?

What's up with Bender? If he's supposedly so good why havent the Jets used him at all yet? Because Anthony Clement is so good?

Beats me Pete, he was used at LG here and there. I dont get to see many games up here but I havent heard any word of Bender being used at RT. He cannot be worse than Clement I would think.

I don't, it was a division game against a rival they know well and loath. Yes they played their hearts out, but this team needs some work, maybe not alot? Let's start with both lines, I'm sick of seeing them get blown off the ball!

Beats me Pete, he was used at LG here and there. I dont get to see many games up here but I havent heard any word of Bender being used at RT. He cannot be worse than Clement I would think.

I remember quite clearly hearing that Clarke "could not be worse than Kendall". Of course he can be worse. Bender has never pass blocked in his life. He is a huge project. I don't think anybody in their right mind was counting on him to play this year. When Mangini started him at LG in the preseason I don't believe he was in his right mind.

I remember quite clearly hearing that Clarke "could not be worse than Kendall". Of course he can be worse. Bender has never pass blocked in his life. He is a huge project. I don't think anybody in their right mind was counting on him to play this year. When Mangini started him at LG in the preseason I don't believe he was in his right mind.

I coulda sworn before the season started Bender was described as a natural RT, maybe I wasnt in my right mind though. LOL

Yea im blind because I have seen the past 2 seasons and I know that we can draft as good as anyone. Look at all the good young players we have. We also have a lot of cap space and will get more draft picks this year if we pull off that trade with the chiefs and if we can get a good pick for Vilma if he gets traded. If you want go b*tching around with your "im done with this team crap" then fine but don't come crawling back when were good next year.

We draft ok, teams like the Colts draft great. The Jets lost Kendall and have nobody to replace him. The Colts lost Glenn and a few other OL to injury, they lost quite a few Defensive players to free agency and lost Freeny for the season and yet they still win. I'd say that's drafting great.

The Jets will go 3-13 or 4-12 and still have a bad OL, a bad DL, no running game, so saying they draft great is a bit of a stretch.

Mangold and DBrick are good. Washington is good. Revis and Harris look good. So yeah they seem to know how to draft 1st and second round starters.

But after that, it's not like their draft picks are that impressive. I will give them credit for being able to find decent starters with 1st and 2nd round draft picks, but considering they have no clue how to replace Pete Kendall or how to sign free agents, it's a wash.

Good at drafting players in the first and second round but terrible at signing free agents so far doesn't sell me on they have a clue how to build a contender.

We draft ok, teams like the Colts draft great. The Jets lost Kendall and have nobody to replace him. The Colts lost Glenn and a few other OL to injury, they lost quite a few Defensive players to free agency and lost Freeny for the season and yet they still win. I'd say that's drafting great.

The Jets will go 3-13 or 4-12 and still have a bad OL, a bad DL, no running game, so saying they draft great is a bit of a stretch.

Mangold and DBrick are good. Washington is good. Revis and Harris look good. So yeah they seem to know how to draft 1st and second round starters.

But after that, it's not like their draft picks are that impressive. I will give them credit for being able to find decent starters with 1st and 2nd round draft picks, but considering they have no clue how to replace Pete Kendall or how to sign free agents, it's a wash.

Good at drafting players in the first and second round but terrible at signing free agents so far doesn't sell me on they have a clue how to build a contender.

I'd say that has more to do with having Peyton Manning than anything else.

I coulda sworn before the season started Bender was described as a natural RT, maybe I wasnt in my right mind though. LOL

He is a natural RT. He played at LG in the preseason after Clarke first fell on his face. Bender is just far from starting caliber. He played in a small college run oriented offense that passed less than ten times per game. He is not ready to face NFL caliber edge rushers. Put him next to a pezzo di merda like Clarke and we could be seeing Tuiasosopo at qb VERY quickly. Anybody here looking forward to that besides Tuiasosopo's wife and mom?

O-line and D-Line are both horrible. Clemens is in love with throwing passes to the opposing team when Clarke and Fergie are getting beat and getting him and Penny killed, Anthony Schlegel was taken over 5 dozen players that were way better than him, Brad Smith is running the frickin option and Thomas Jones sucks.

Bottom Line: if the 2006 and 2007 drafts were so great the Jets would not be 3-11.

I'd say that has more to do with having Peyton Manning than anything else.

Um that kind of defeats the point that teams need a great OL and great WR's to win. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't HOF WR Harrison miss most of this season as well as their #3 WR leave for another team and one of their starting TEs?

So all this mumbo jumbo about a great OL is nonesense if you have a HOF QB?

Great, so I guess I have to hope KC turns into a HOF QB. So far I'm not sold. Even as bad as Manning was in his rookie year, with what 29 picks or something, he still threw like 26 TDs for a bad 3-13 team.

Of course teams need a good OL, but great teams find ways to replace players. So far the Jets seem more known for having no clue how to replace the avg Kendall.

He is a natural RT. He played at LG in the preseason after Clarke first fell on his face. Bender is just far from starting caliber. He played in a small college run oriented offense that passed less than ten times per game. He is not ready to face NFL caliber edge rushers. Put him next to a pezzo di merda like Clarke and we could be seeing Tuiasosopo at qb VERY quickly. Anybody here looking forward to that besides Tuiasosopo's wife and mom?

Gotchya. Still think he should get a look or two though, it couldnt hurt more than Clement.

I believe it can. It's very easy to say that when you aren't the qb. Ask Clemens and his ribs how they'd feel about a 6th round run blocker playing RT. I'd bet he's not so high on the idea.

I bet hes not giving Clement a Christmas card either though..........

I believe it can. It's very easy to say that when you aren't the qb. Ask Clemens and his ribs how they'd feel about a 6th round run blocker playing RT. I'd bet he's not so high on the idea.

I'm not so sure he's sold on the current OL protecting his ribs.

Archived