If NE goes undefeated....

Smizzy

do they feel more pressure to win the Super Bowl too?

The media pressure has been on for the last 2 months. Don't forget that the Pats are a veteran team that has a few Lombardi's under their belt and have been through this kind of stuff before.

The media pressure has been on for the last 2 months. Don't forget that the Pats are a veteran team that has a few Lombardi's under their belt and have been through this kind of stuff before.

The team and the coaching staff doesn't buy into the media driven pressure. Agreed?

The team and the coaching staff doesn't buy into the media driven pressure. Agreed?

Agreed.

Keep in mind that the Pats won 21 games in a row between the 2003 & 2004 seasons. The nucleus of the team has dealt with this kind of stuff before.

Don't forget that everyone outside of New England hates this team. That is a driving issue for the Pats.

Agreed.

Keep in mind that the Pats won 21 games in a row between the 2003 & 2004 seasons. The nucleus of the team has dealt with this kind of stuff before.

Don't forget that everyone outside of New England hates this team. That is a driving issue for the Pats.

It's a driving issue for them to be liked? that's silly if they think that way.

It's a driving issue for them to be liked? that's silly if they think that way.

You missed the point BP, I mean Rasputin!

The team knows that they are called cheaters and everyone wants them to lose. They aren't looking to be liked they are looking to win the Super Bowl.

You missed the point BP, I mean Rasputin!

The team knows that they are called cheaters and everyone wants them to lose. They aren't looking to be liked they are looking to win the Super Bowl.

Gotchya. thanks for that clarification, I got a little buzz cooking.

look at the arrogance, you act like your a member of the team :roll:

The Patriots beat the Colts in Indy this season. Please tell me how they are going to beat the Pats in Foxboro.

I don't use words like "we" and "us" when I talk about the Patriots.

Notice my avatar?

The Patriots beat the Colts in Indy this season. Please tell me how they are going to beat the Pats in Foxboro.

Notice my avatar?

1-Colts didn't have Harrison

2-weather in January isn't so helpful for a passing team like the RCA dome is

3-Nice avatar.

1-Colts didn't have Harrison

2-weather in January isn't so helpful for a passing team like the RCA dome is

3-Nice avatar.

1. Did you happen to see who Brady was throwing to the last 6 seasons?

2. The Colts play in a dome. The Pats don't. What was your point exactly?

3. Scal-a-brin-e / Scal-a-brin-e / Scal-a brin-e!

There will be more pressure on them to win it of course, but that team reacts well under pressure unfortunately.

I still think Jacksonville have the best shot, they are absolutely steamrolling their way into the PO's and I really do feel they match up very well vs The Pats.

There will be more pressure on them to win it of course, but that team reacts well under pressure unfortunately.

I still think Jacksonville have the best shot, they are absolutely steamrolling their way into the PO's and I really do feel they match up very well vs The Pats.

Coaching IJ, coaching.

Boxing Day. I miss that holiday with a passion. I assume you are relaxing tomorrow?

Coaching IJ, coaching.

Boxing Day. I miss that holiday with a passion. I assume you are relaxing tomorrow?

Agree Belichick is miles ahead of Del Rio as a coach, but don't think Del Rio won't have his players pumped up for this game. He not a great in-game coach but as a motivator he's as good as anyone.

It's an area which I admit the Pats have the edge, but even so I think the Jags have enough to win.

As for Boxing Day, Hell yeah I'll be relaxing.:lol:

LOL it's actually 1 hour into Boxing day.

Agree Belichick is miles ahead of Del Rio as a coach, but don't think Del Rio won't have his players pumped up for this game. He not a great in-game coach but as a motivator he's as good as anyone.

It's an area which I admit the Pats have the edge, but even so I think the Jags have enough to win.

As for Boxing Day, Hell yeah I'll be relaxing.:lol:

LOL it's actually 1 hour into Boxing day.

The Jags players can be pumped up all they want. It doesn't matter when Del Rio is calling the shots.

I have to work tomorrow. Damn you America!!

Boxing Day is the best day off ever. In Melbourne, Australia we always have the boxing day test. Its usually the poms but this year its the Indians.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricket/a-contest-hope-its-not-too-much-of-a-stretch/2007/12/25/1198345008983.html

No more pressure than they have had all season. The team is too experienced in big games. They could lose. Because they are arrogant. Sometimes that comes back to bite you when you expect the other team to wilt in your glory. But it will be tough for the Colts or Jags to win in NE.

Pats are gonna go all out to go 16-0 and they're gonna have something go wrong in the game. A player they should have rested is gonna sprain and ankle or something stupid and it's gonna cost them the super bowl. Watch it be someone stupid like wes welker who amkes the difference. It'll be funny seeing them go all out against the giants and have it backfire. I'm not hoping for this too happen, I'm just saying that is how things usually happen, good luck only lasts so long.

Oh, and I think in the playoffs the colts are the team to beat and I think they have what it takes to defeat the pats. It's just my opinion.

Notice my avatar?

The Colts-Pats matchup would be another one for the ages. Their defenses are nearly equal, with the Pats probably having a slight edge. The Colts would have the better defense but Freeney is out. And honestly with Harrison back the Colts offense is more balanced than the Pats. With Addai and four receiving threats to go along with Manning, the Pats defense will have its hands full again. I think anyone who believes the Colts won't give the Pats the best game is kidding themselves.

Also the weather isn't that much of a factor anymore, IMO. The Patriots are a very different team from their last meeting in the playoffs with the Colts in Foxboro. They were a defense-oriented team that took advantage of the conditions to make Manning look like someone he's related to. As the conditions in the game against the Jets displayed, the Pats' vaunted attack will be severely compromised by winds, snow, rain, etc. because they are a pass-first team now.

The Colts-Pats matchup would be another one for the ages. Their defenses are nearly equal, with the Pats probably having a slight edge. The Colts would have the better defense but Freeney is out. And honestly with Harrison back the Colts offense is more balanced than the Pats. With Addai and four receiving threats to go along with Manning, the Pats defense will have its hands full again. I think anyone who believes the Colts won't give the Pats the best game is kidding themselves.

Also the weather isn't that much of a factor anymore, IMO. The Patriots are a very different team from their last meeting in the playoffs with the Colts in Foxboro. They were a defense-oriented team that took advantage of the conditions to make Manning look like someone he's related to. As the conditions in the game against the Jets displayed, the Pats' vaunted attack will be severely compromised by winds, snow, rain, etc. because they are a pass-first team now.

Great analysis.

I am thankful Freeney is out. He owns Matt Light.

The only point I would disagree on is the weather factor. I think that takes alot away from the Colts who maximize team speed at home. Even with the quasi-fake carpet in Foxboro, if the conditions are wet, I think the Colts' D lose more then the Patriots' D. On the flipside, I think you hit the nail on the head on O. Brady has been getting too locked onto Moss the last few weeks. I do not know if they are pressing for the record books or what, but he is not playing to his normal strengths. I would give Manning the edge.

No more pressure than they have had all season. The team is too experienced in big games. They could lose. Because they are arrogant. Sometimes that comes back to bite you when you expect the other team to wilt in your glory. But it will be tough for the Colts or Jags to win in NE.

I doubt the Patriots would overlook anyone. Especially inthe playoffs.

The Patriots have been served humble pie by the Colts the last three years and for about 50 minutes this year. Both teams are capable of beating the Patriots.

I think you hit the nail on the head on O. Brady has been getting too locked onto Moss the last few weeks. I do not know if they are pressing for the record books or what, but he is not playing to his normal strengths. I would give Manning the edge.

Maybe this just homerism, but my observation is he is playing smart football during the first half or whenever the Pats don't have a 14+ lead. In garbage time he is forcing the ball to Moss.

And I am fine with that. As long as he wins the game first, if he want to play for records later I don't see a problem.

I think they cave under the pressure. During the regular season we seen several teams come close to beating them. I see no reason a playoff team can't do it.

Especially towards the end of the year too.

I would love to see what Jacksonville or Indy with their full load of WR's could do.

Especially towards the end of the year too.

I would love to see what Jacksonville or Indy with their full load of WR's could do.

Yes! Those scary Jag receivers!! LOL!!

That little fire-hydrant with tree trunk legs, Jones-Drew, is what scares me. Additionally, Wayne and the INdy TE's scare me. Harrison, not so much. True.

That little fire-hydrant with tree trunk legs, Jones-Drew, is what scares me. Additionally, Wayne and the INdy TE's scare me. Harrison, not so much. True.

LOL, the WR reference was to Indy obviously.

That tandem of RB's Jacksonville have is flat out scary.

there was a time when the pats has smurfs catching the ball and did nothing but dink and dunk the ball down the field with 5 yard slants and WR's screens and they won a super bowl.

there was a time when the pats has smurfs catching the ball and did nothing but dink and dunk the ball down the field with 5 yard slants and WR's screens and they won a super bowl.

....true....but it was the defense that won those SB's. Funny how the team is now referred to as offense first....a complete 180 of the true BB philosophy. Will be interesting to see if the old addage holds true. Defense wins championships.

....true....but it was the defense that won those SB's. Funny how the team is now referred to as offense first....a complete 180 of the true BB philosophy. Will be interesting to see if the old addage holds true. Defense wins championships.

Jacksonville has one hell of a defence too. They would be a very tough team for anyone to face.

Archived