Keith Foulke = Flash in the Pan

Green Jets & Ham

Some things that stand out now that the conversation has taken a turn to "Lets crucify Keith because he dissed the fans" are:

1. All the players feel that way, even the AAA players that makes less $ than us.

2. KF's innane rant was eerily reminiscent of Larry Elia's anti-Cubs fan rant of the 80s. That was legendary! He said "85% of the world is out there working, the other 15% of the f'n losers come here to boo us and they can kiss my F'n a$$. They should all have to get f'n jobs and find out what its liek to make an f'n livin'

(To the reporters listening intently) "Rip them MFers, rip them C-suckers the way you rip the players."

That was truly a rant only to be rivaled by the likes of Jim Mora and Bill Parcells.

I have to admit, Elia's rant was hilarious ... classic and side-splitting funny

But he didn't single out lower income folks or kids working at fast food joints ... he singled out slackers who don't work at all ... and that is something we can all laugh about, nor is it mean-spirited ... if the shoe fits {i.e. you're a slacker/moocher who doesn't work for a living but can find time/resources to attend baseball games}, I'm afraid you are FAIR GAME :D

Now sure, there is much Elia said to take issue with ... but IMO it was far less pompous than what Foulke had to say if you really analyze it ... but I can always laugh about a guy blowing his top to that extent and really UNLOADING ... maybe I have a warped sense of humor, but I find that hysterical :lol:

GJH...your position atop the moral highgroud is really making you sound every bit as pompous as Keith Foulke. You can hack away all you want at KF, but youre either a (yawn) typical partisan Yankee hack poster or a hypocrite.

-If youre a Yankee supporter and you havent spent your last 9 months crucifying Giamboo AND Garroid Sheffield for their despicable involvement in taking anabolic steroids, you cant be taken seriously.

-If you actually care about what these lowlife athletes do or say off the field...you need to get a life.

-where were you when A-rod dissed all other players who were fathers looking after their children or some such crap? Let me guess...you were blindly defending him. Was KF an a-hole to say whta he said? yes. Do you have any cred when you diss him back? no. MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC PLEASE

GJH...your position atop the moral highgroud is really making you sound every bit as pompous as Keith Foulke. You can hack away all you want at KF, but youre either a (yawn) typical partisan Yankee hack poster or a hypocrite.

-If youre a Yankee supporter and you havent spent your last 9 months crucifying Giamboo AND Garroid Sheffield for their despicable involvement in taking anabolic steroids, you cant be taken seriously.

-If you actually care about what these lowlife athletes do or say off the field...you need to get a life.

-where were you when A-rod dissed all other players who were fathers looking after their children or some such crap? Let me guess...you were blindly defending him. Was KF an a-hole to say whta he said? yes. Do you have any cred when you diss him back? no. MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC PLEASE

JBF, can't you see what a Jerk Foulke is?

Giambi, Shef, Arod ... none of these guys have ever offered any indication that they would just as soon spit on you as shake your hand

Same goes for all of the Red Sox players ... even the ones I detest ... they may do things that rub me the wrong way, but they have never given any indication that they look down their noses at folks who are making an honest living, though far less lucrative than their own

But Foulke is the worst kinda dew-bag ... the kind that looks down his nose at people ... and whether or not this matters to you, he would just as soon SPIT ON YOU than give you a second look

If you're cool with that, fine by me #-o

PS. You think the Red Sox will use him tonite?

I hope so ... I can use the comedy! :mrgreen:

This band of brothers, the Sawx, these Pukes are really one in the same....The kind that hit the lottery, and years later are dead to the world!!

The only one with a little pride (Pedro) got the **** out of town while the getting was good

These OYW's are just like their most ardent supporter, BlowSawx....all ******* yuppie pieces of dogsh*t whose words are meaningless. And when it comes right down to it, are so ******* stupid that although they may have had their day in the sun, days of utter failure are just around the corner.

Only ignorant, useless pieces of sh*t like KF and JBF talk down to people that work hard to earn their money, wherever it may be....it's these same useless pieces of sh*t that are destined for the poorhouse.

People that stupid wil eventually get theirs!!

This band of brothers, the Sawx, these Pukes are really one in the same....The kind that hit the lottery, and years later are dead to the world!!

The only one with a little pride (Pedro) got the F#ck out of town while the getting was good

These OYW's are just like their most ardent supporter, BlowSawx....all farging yuppie pieces of dogsh*t whose words are meaningless. And when it comes right down to it, are so farging stupid that although they may have had their day in the sun, days of utter failure are just around the corner.

Only ignorant, useless pieces of Sh#t like KF and JBF talk down to people that work hard to earn their money, wherever it may be....it's these same useless pieces of Sh#t that are destined for the poorhouse.

Lighten up, Francis.

Foulke is an idiot.

Holley gave him ample opportunity to let himself of the hook, relatively speaking and he continued to hang himself.

And it comes from a guy that has been a major leaguer for 10 years.

Foulke is an idiot.

Holley gave him ample opportunity to let himself of the hook, relatively speaking and he continued to hang himself.

And it comes from a guy that has been a major leaguer for 10 years.

THANK YOU

He's a snob ... so his recent struggles could not have happened to a more worthy candidate in my view

I can tolerate just about anything, but if there's one thing I detest it's a snob

The only one with a little pride (Pedro) got the F#ck out of town while the getting was good

These OYW's are just like their most ardent supporter, BlowSawx....all farging yuppie pieces of dogsh*t whose words are meaningless. And when it comes right down to it, are so farging stupid that although they may have had their day in the sun, days of utter failure are just around the corner.

Only ignorant, useless pieces of Sh#t like KF and JBF talk down to people that work hard to earn their money, wherever it may be....it's these same useless pieces of Sh#t that are destined for the poorhouse.

Wow - hold on a second there! I agree, Foulke has exposed himself to be a pompus a@@ of epic proportions. To spit on the people that work hard for a living, whatever living that is, is WAY out of line. Does he have a clue how much it costs a family to actually take in a game at Fenway? To see HIM play? What an assinine statement. Yes, he should be ASHAMED of himself. HOWEVER, to say that all the Red Sox are one and the same is ridiculous! Trot Nixon spends as much time at the childrens ward at the Dana Farber Cancer Center as he does his own home. Same with Veritek, Maribelli and Wakefield. Schilling (and yes, he is a media whore) does tremendous work on behalf of Lou Gerighs (sp?) Disease. Damon has done a tremedous amount of charity work. One bad apple does not spoil the whole Red Sox barrell.

I love my dad - and following is a stroy about one of the things I love about him:

He has his own business, but he also works a union gig as a laborer. This man lives hard work. He was working with some plumber who was installing some fancy tub in Nomar and Mia Garciapara's luxury townhouse in some ultra high end condo complex in a toney part of Boston. Nomar was expected any minute to check out the progress on his new digs. The plumber asks my Dad if he wanted to meet Nomar. My dad asks who Nomar is. My Dad wouldn't know a baseball from a bocci ball. Anyway, it was explained that he was the all-star, multi-million dollar short stop for the home town Red Sox. My father, not impressed. Nomar comes in. He was introduced to my Dad. They shake hands. Small talk. My father - never one to hold back - says, "God bless America, eh? There you are playing a kid's game making millions of dollars. You're a lucky bastard." Nomar agreed and laughed. My father laughed too. A man who would not begrudge a mans fortune and talent (and yah, luck). Come to think of it, Nomar is cool by me too. - a man who would NOT conduct himself like a Keith Foulke.

Wow - hold on a second there! I agree, Foulke has exposed himself to be a pompus a@@ of epic proportions. To spit on the people that work hard for a living, whatever living that is, is WAY out of line. Does he have a clue how much it costs a family to actually take in a game at Fenway? To see HIM play? What an assinine statement. Yes, he should be ASHAMED of himself. HOWEVER, to say that all the Red Sox are one and the same is ridiculous! Trot Nixon spends as much time at the childrens ward at the Dana Farber Cancer Center as he does his own home. Same with Veritek, Maribelli and Wakefield. Schilling (and yes, he is a media whore) does tremendous work on behalf of Lou Gerighs (sp?) Disease. Damon has done a tremedous amount of charity work. One bad apple does not spoil the whole Red Sox barrell.

I love my dad - and following is a stroy about one of the things I love about him:

He has his own business, but he also works a union gig as a laborer. This man lives hard work. He was working with some plumber who was installing some fancy tub in Nomar and Mia Garciapara's luxury townhouse in some ultra high end condo complex in a toney part of Boston. Nomar was expected any minute to check out the progress on his new digs. The plumber asks my Dad if he wanted to meet Nomar. My dad asks who Nomar is. My Dad wouldn't know a baseball from a bocci ball. Anyway, it was explained that he was the all-star, multi-million dollar short stop for the home town Red Sox. My father, not impressed. Nomar comes in. He was introduced to my Dad. They shake hands. Small talk. My father - never one to hold back - says, "God bless America, eh? There you are playing a kid's game making millions of dollars. You're a lucky bastard." Nomar agreed and laughed. My father laughed too. A man who would not begrudge a mans fortune and talent (and yah, luck). Come to think of it, Nomar is cool by me too. - a man who would NOT conduct himself like a Keith Foulke.

I agree, Garb ... Keith Foulke is in this by himself ... no-one else decided to ridicule working people ... he did that all by his lonesome

PS. Enjoyed the story about your father meeting Nomar ... he sounds like my own father who also could care less about baseball and cannot even begin to comprehend the idea of being star-struck ... I suspect his conversation with Nomar would have been pretty identical to your father's :)

Can the title of ths thread be changed from "Keith Foulke is a flash in the pan" to "Lets kick Keith Foulke when he's down" strictly for purposes of accuracy.

What nobody is going to bust out the "Is Keith Foulke in Korean pronounced Byung Hyun Kim" line?

Coming from Yankee fans, it seems a little ironic. Its not like your bullpen is anything to write home about. I mean, c'mon people...I wouldnt trade my bullpen for yours, and I'm a Red Sox fan!!! I wouldnt be surprised in Scott Proctor, Flash Gordon, and Jason Anderson are gonna take turns pitching in the Home Run Derby!!!

Another day, another incorrect post by EB to disgrace the Baseball Forum. Got 2 words for ya, boy MIKE F"N TIMLIN! Mike Timlin is a god...I'll take him on my team any day over Flash Gordon. IN fact, I nominate Timlin for closer! Tim-lin Tim-lin Tim-lin!!!

And Mariano doesnt scare me any longer as a Red Sox fan...but he does still scare me as a Yankee hater.

Tim-lin Tim-lin Tim-lin!!!

This frigin' screwball is really reachin' now.

Better hope Thea has something up her sleeve for Billy Wagner......Timlin, Bwa-aahhahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahaa

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

Hmmm...I can see why Yankee fans are jumping all over Keith Foulke for the Burger King comments. It was a very stupid thing to say AND it allows them the opportunity to ignore the MANY flaws of their own aging team.

But I notice Red Sox fans are trying to "John Rocker" KF. Interesting approach. Considering the fact that we wouldnt have won sh*t without him last season and were most likely stuck with him for this season and next season...why dont you all chill the F out about the Burger King comment. Move on already!!!

Gordon sucks come play-off pressure....always has,always will.

Exactly! After all those years of choking in big spots...Flash Gordon finally figured out how to help the Red Sox win in the post-season: Pitch against them!

*Line borrowed from Pantload Francessa

As stupid as the BK comment was, it is being blown waaaaay out of proportion.

Latest I have heard (mostly over RedSoxNation.net) is that Foulke's knee needed to be scoped during the offseason and the club wanted him to have surgery. He declined. Now today he goes for an MRI on it. It will most likely find that surgery will be required. Apparently he has had "a piece" in there that has needed to be removed for a year or two. The Sox tried to get him to get that sorted this past offseason but Foulke didn't want to.

So get used to Timlin to being the closer in Boston. I don't like it. He is awesome as a set-up guy. So if they want him to still do that it could be.....gulp.....closer by committee in Boston. This is, ofcourse, only if the MRI results reveal bad news and news it looks like the club and Foulke have known for some time now.

I always felt that Theo was too quick to pull the plug on the "Closer By Committee" experiment. After all, it wasnt the idea of closer by committee that sucked...it was the committee that sucked.

Fair point.

I guess we'll find out in the next few days or so as to what route the Sox take.

Heard on WEEI this morning that Luccino allegedly told Theo to "go get a closer no matter the cost." Now, this would be suspect at best. "No Matter the Cost?" What if the cost is Hanley and this Padoria (sp?) kid everyone is so high on? My guess will be Closer by Committee until Foulke gets his head straight (it's not his freakin' knees!) Now, JetSox could be right. Closer by committee didn't work the first time because the committee sucked. So - what's so different this time? Besides Timlin, of course.

I posted on another thread that Jose Mesa of Pirates will probably be available in a trade- opinions from you Bosox fans

No way Joe Table comes to Boston. I think they'll more likely go for Hasegawa from Seattle.

They'll be no move until results from Foulke's MRI come back. I don't see a trade myself.

No way Joe Table comes to Boston. I think they'll more likely go for Hasegawa from Seattle.

They'll be no move until results from Foulke's MRI come back. I don't see a trade myself.

blah blah blah...turn on ESPN or the closest damn radio...BREAKING NEWS:

Curt Schilling has volunteered his services for the Red Sox bullpen! What a class act!!!

End of discussion!

I accept the fact that it probabl isn't the Yankees' year.

schadenfreude-German word meaning to derive pleasure from the misfortune of others.

I can still hope, pray and root for Schilling to fall on his fat, always-open face and leave the Sawx fans to cry into their 2004 World Champion t-shirts all winter.

Dude, your first line says it all...

When the Yankees tank, we Red Sox, Mets, Tigers, Indians, Diamondbacks, and Padres fans will throw our annual Yankee Elimination Party, toast the deposed dynasty by filling our bellies full of Guiness and p*ssing on their grave!

We wont even notice anything else...so by all means get on your knees and pray for Schilling to fall on his face...provided thats all you'll be doing on your knees!

Archived