Some Interesting KFFLers

SoFlaJets

this is a guy that Adam Schein said will be a Jet...

Raiders | Asomugha intends to void remainder of deal

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:06:57 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Bay Area News Group, reports Oakland Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha said he intends to void the remainder of his current deal and enter free agency.

Bengals | Palmer says coaching changes needed

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:11:51 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer said Monday, Dec. 31, he believes coaching changes are needed in order for the team to improve in 2008. "I think so," Palmer said when he asked if there should be changes to the coaching staff.

49ers | Young announces retirement

Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:03:34 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers DT Bryant Young announced his retirement after the team's Week 17 game.

49ers | Owner does not commit to Nolan

Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:01:19 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers owner John York did not say after the team's Week 17 game if head coach Mike Nolan will be back for the 2008 season. York plans to meet with Nolan before making a decision.

Oh, baby. Yes. But what kind of a deal does he have that he can void it?

This is the best thing I could find. Looks like the Raiders just gave him the opportunity to opt out if he performed well...

Despite being under contract for the next two seasons, Asomugha will have the opportunity in '08 to void the final season of his rookie deal. The 25-year-old would make $820,000, and the chances he opts to void the final year are very likely.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/17591.html

This is the best thing I could find. Looks like the Raiders just gave him the opportunity to opt out if he performed well...

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/17591.html

we can afford him-and...IF we somehow (for once) do the right thing (fire Sutton) and hire Rob Ryan after Monty goes to work as DC for his son Lane Kiffin out in Oakland-he'll need to have a couple of guys like this, that already know his system

we can afford him-and...IF we somehow (for once) do the right thing (fire Sutton) and hire Rob Ryan after Monty goes to work as DC for his son Lane Kiffin out in Oakland-he'll need to have a couple of guys like this, that already know his system

Hey Tangini, are you listening to this? Pay attention ...

I don't know how great of a signing Asomugha would be. He is a good corner but nowhere near one of the best like some people rate him and the money to sign him will probably be absurd. I'd much rather spend the money on someone like Terrell Suggs and a **** ton of O-lineman. If we sign Asomugha I don't see anyway we go after another big name defensive player.

I don't know how great of a signing Asomugha would be. He is a good corner but nowhere near one of the best like some people rate him and the money to sign him will probably be absurd. I'd much rather spend the money on someone like Terrell Suggs and a **** ton of O-lineman. If we sign Asomugha I don't see anyway we go after another big name defensive player.

I actually think he is among the elite corners in the league. But I agree that we need other positions more than CB and even though we may have two big signings in us this year I don't think this should be one of them.

I agree that others are more of a priority, but just because you want them all doesn't mean you will sign them all, or any. They have to get busy and explore everything.

I agree that others are more of a priority, but just because you want them all doesn't mean you will sign them all. They have to get busy.

Oh I realize that but my bigger problems with Asomugha is that I don't think his talent level will be worth the amount of money he will probably want. He probably opted out of his contract wanting to get Nate Clements money and thats just too much for a corner who will be our #2.

we sure do get a lot of guys here lately who emphatically state that which they do not know-"no WAY he signs here' and "Chad and Coles to KC will NEVER happen"

"If the trade happens I will change my screen name"

Just to add another cute one I have seen.

It is very teenagerish and annoying.

I agree that others are more of a priority, but just because you want them all doesn't mean you will sign them all, or any. They have to get busy and explore everything.

Bingo. Look at everybody. There is no one player that we HAVE to sign. We have to sign at least two or three starters. If the market goes crazy for a guy or two we can pass and move on to the next best thing. More than one way to build a winner.

"If the trade happens I will change my screen name"

Just to add another cute one I have seen.

It is very teenagerish and annoying.

Maybe they are annoying teenagers.

Ahhhh, who can forget that one?

yea I've been getting that one a lot when posting what I heard Adam Schein say the last few weeks on the SNY post game shows. The guy talks to a LOT of people-players, coaches, GM's, scouts and agents and gets a lot of inside info that he is quick to tell us about-I like him for that-AND....he's a Jets fan and is always asking who we should get and how and what we have to do to improve his and our favorite team

yea I've been getting that one a lot when posting what I heard Adam Schein say the last few weeks on the SNY post game shows. The guy talks to a LOT of people-players, coaches, GM's, scouts and agents and gets a lot of inside info that he is quick to tell us about-I like him for that-AND....he's a Jets fan and is always asking who we should get and how and what we have to do to improve his and our favorite team

That's because Adam Schein is a moron and thinks the Dolphins are going to challenge for a playoff spot next year. The fact is that basically all the media know the same amount of "inside" information about the Jets, whether in New York or in San Francisco: diddly squat. "Inside information" means nothing with this regime. All Adam Schein is doing is basically speculating about who the Jets might get or who would be a good fit for them.

That's because Adam Schein is a moron and thinks the Dolphins are going to challenge for a playoff spot next year. The fact is that basically all the media know the same amount of "inside" information about the Jets, whether in New York or in San Francisco: diddly squat. "Inside information" means nothing with this regime. All Adam Schein is doing is basically speculating about who the Jets might get or who would be a good fit for them.

like him or not the guy has access that none of us have-he was hanging out with Chad Johnson the other night and thinks it's possible he goes to the Jets

Everyone in the world heard about Moss going to the Pats months before it happened. If there is a conversation with two people it doesn't mean he gets his info from the Jets only. He is probably getting it from other league insiders and agents for other teams and players.

Everyone in the world heard about Moss going to the Pats months before it happened. If there is a conversation with two people it doesn't mean he gets his info from the Jets only. He is probably getting it from other league insiders and agents for other teams and players.

exactly RS-the NFL is a small town mentality-everyone knows everything about what everyone else is doing

After thinking it over if we get Ryan I think Asomugha would be a good signing even if it is our only big name free agent this offseason. It would give us 2 great corners to cover teams like Indy, and the Pats best WR's and if Dyson, or Miller or Barret get it back together we could have a great pass defense. Add in drafting a pass rush OLD/DE and getting a NT and our defense would be a top 10 unit.

Asomugha would be the best CB on the market, yes, better than Asante Samuel. A scout told PFW that this year QB's avoided Asomugha more than he's seen a CB avoided in the last 10 years.

He is the goods and considering we are chasing the Pats you need two lock down CBs to have a shot against those cats.

Asomugha and Revis with a pass rush would be really nice.

Asomugha would be the best CB on the market, yes, better than Asante Samuel. A scout told PFW that this year QB's avoided Asomugha more than he's seen a CB avoided in the last 10 years.

He is the goods and considering we are chasing the Pats you need two lock down CBs to have a shot against those cats.

Asomugha and Revis with a pass rush would be really nice.

and Schein said last night that Chad Johnson said he was the 3rd toughest CB he has had to face-we should have them both on our team next season-it'll make them both that much better

Dolphins | Thompson leaving team

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:05:52 -0800

Tim Graham, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins have announced college scouting director Rick Thompson will be leaving the team. It is not known if Thompson was fired or resigned.

Dolphins | Baugh leaving team

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:01:13 -0800

Tim Graham, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins have announced director of player personnel Mike Baugh will be leaving the team. It is not known if Baugh was fired or resigned.

this is a guy that Adam Schein said will be a Jet...

Raiders | Asomugha intends to void remainder of deal

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:06:57 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Bay Area News Group, reports Oakland Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha said he intends to void the remainder of his current deal and enter free agency.

Bengals | Palmer says coaching changes needed

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:11:51 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer said Monday, Dec. 31, he believes coaching changes are needed in order for the team to improve in 2008. "I think so," Palmer said when he asked if there should be changes to the coaching staff.

49ers | Young announces retirement

Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:03:34 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers DT Bryant Young announced his retirement after the team's Week 17 game.

49ers | Owner does not commit to Nolan

Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:01:19 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers owner John York did not say after the team's Week 17 game if head coach Mike Nolan will be back for the 2008 season. York plans to meet with Nolan before making a decision.

LOL adam shein doesnt know what he's talking about then. Aso is going to be tagged and likely extended. No franchise lets there best player go to another team for nothing.

Dolphins | Thompson leaving team

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:05:52 -0800

Tim Graham, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins have announced college scouting director Rick Thompson will be leaving the team. It is not known if Thompson was fired or resigned.

Dolphins | Baugh leaving team

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:01:13 -0800

Tim Graham, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins have announced director of player personnel Mike Baugh will be leaving the team. It is not known if Baugh was fired or resigned.

This concerns me a little. Parcells has always brought in "his guys" so I'm wondering if he tries to take anyone from the FO or coaches from the Jets. Doubtful but there is that possibility.

Maybe we could pursuade him to take back Tony Wise :)

Signing Nnamdi Asomugha would attract players like Suggs or Dansby; He and Revis would account for a lot of coverage sacks, and the combination could instantly make our defense much much better.

I'm secretly okay with our DL. I think Mosely at 6'2, 317 could easily slip into the Wilfork/Hampton range with another 5-10 pounds.... Trade Drob (our best DL), or move him outside (DE) and we're looking like an elite squad.

Revis

Asomugha

Rhodes

Elam

Bowens

Harris

Laurinitis

Suggs

Drob

Mosely

Ellis

Three players and a new DC makes for an elite Defense. ELITE.

This concerns me a little. Parcells has always brought in "his guys" so I'm wondering if he tries to take anyone from the FO or coaches from the Jets. Doubtful but there is that possibility.

Maybe we could pursuade him to take back Tony Wise :)

Only one that comes right to mind is Cox

Signing Nnamdi Asomugha would attract players like Suggs or Dansby; He and Revis would account for a lot of coverage sacks, and the combination could instantly make our defense much much better.

I'm secretly okay with our DL. I think Mosely at 6'2, 317 could easily slip into the Wilfork/Hampton range with another 5-10 pounds.... Trade Drob (our best DL), or move him outside (DE) and we're looking like an elite squad.

Revis

Asomugha

Rhodes

Elam

Bowens

Harris

Laurinitis

Suggs

Drob

Mosely

Ellis

Three players and a new DC makes for an elite Defense. ELITE.

ELITE? Can we get good first? Even if they become elite, I'm not much happier losing 14-10 as I am losing 24-14.

Archived