Belichick wins coach of the year (vomit)

atlantajetsfan

COY is usually given to a team not with the best record but to a coach who makes a team overachieve beyond its talent level. the fact that they gave it to belly--in the same season he was FINED BY THE NFL a first round pick--is despicable and proves beyond all doubt that the media are lapdogs to cindy and the cheatriots. it sickens me as a football fan to know this is who they pick. wade phillips, joe gibbs, tomlin, even del rio-- all more deserving. ******* media.

Believe me, I didn't want him to win it either. But when you think about it, how could they not give it to him? Sure he's classless, a cheater, and sometimes a bit of jerk, but the man knows how to win football games.

And unfortunately, that's all they look at.

He is the best coach in the NFL, no question. If I could trade Mangini for him I'd do it in a heartbeat, as would any of you if you really want to see the Jets win.

anyone would trade their coach for belicheat because the patriots have been the most successful team in the NFL over the last few years. Doesn't change the fact that he's a scumbag and a cheater.

The Patriots' undefeated season now includes yet another achievement: Bill Belichick is the 2007 NFL Coach of the Year. The first coach since Don Shula in 1972 to lead his team through a spotless regular season, Belichick won the award today for the second time in four years.

To read more, visit http://www.boston.com

Not really much of a surprize here. Belliprick should still get a giant * by his name in the book however.

"Hey, Jimmy, you cheated on a test! But, it was only one test! We'll let it slide! Here's your valedictorian plaque!"

Cheating is ok, as long as the NFL approves. As the commish has proven, there are different sets of rules, for different sets of people.

As my father aslways says, "Money buys power and power buys justice". Well done Mr. Kraft, I dislike you more than any semi-human being. But I'd love to have an owner like you.

Big, giant babies, the whole lot of you. :baby:

Lets say for a moment that BB was the only one that used video-taping after the warning.....and say at the very first game, against the vaunted Jets, the video tape was confiscated 7 minutes into the first quarter - how on Gawd's green Earth did it help win that game, let alone the next fifteen?

Lets say for a moment that BB was the only one that used video-taping after the warning.....and say at the very first game, against the vaunted Jets, the video tape was confiscated 7 minutes into the first quarter - how on Gawd's green Earth did it help win that game, let alone the next fifteen?

If you want to know who really deserved it

it was the dude from Green Bay, had a crappy team last year and won 13 games!!

pats already had a good team and added Moss, welker and AT, honestly

garb, you could have coached this team to a t least 14-2

Doesn't change the fact that Bill attempted to cheat this season.Just cause you failed to cheat shouldn't be any kind of let off.

Shawn Merriman was blasted for being selected to the pro bowl in the same year he was caught cheating. In fact, I believe the commissioner instilled a rule that players could not be selected to the probowl in a season they were caught cheating. Yet I guess it's ok for HC's to be selected as coach of the year in a season they were caught. Curious.

Archived