The Yankees will be in first place after next weekend.

Bob

You see, this is what i don't get with you guys. This board was full of yankee fans spitting on their team and throwing their hands up a week ago. They were done. They are weak. They suck. Wah-wah-wah. Now??? Oh now it is all of a sudden the greatest team around.

You clowns are the most fickle yahoos in ALL of pro sports.

I didn't say the Yankees DESERVED to be in first place.

If Boston didn't suck, the Yanks would be retooling for next year. If the division is going to be up for grabs, though, the pinstripes might as well grab it.

They suck. Wah-wah-wah. Now??? Oh now it is all of a sudden the greatest team around.

Dude

You jumped so far off the Sawx wagon last season, it took you 2 months to jump back on

I'll never forget the Tito Francona tirade....it was priceless

Dude

You jumped so far off the Sawx wagon last season, it took you 2 months to jump back on

I'll never forget the Tito Francona tirade....it was priceless

Actually, I still believe the PLAYERS, not the manager, won the World Series last year.

Did you see Francona lastnight? He pulled Clement 1 out away from a perfect game!

My rant last year was never about the players or the team, it was about Terry. You guys blast your own team and players one week and then the next it is like nothing ever happened.

You see, this is what i don't get with you guys. This board was full of yankee fans spitting on their team and throwing their hands up a week ago. They were done. They are weak. They suck. Wah-wah-wah. Now??? Oh now it is all of a sudden the greatest team around.

And to think...these are the people you incessantly ballwash and whose juvenile, backyard "club" you seemingly want to join??? Simply stunning. Youre as bipolar as they are!!!

And to think...these are the people you incessantly ballwash and whose juvenile, backyard "club" you seemingly want to join??? Simply stunning. Youre as bipolar as they are!!!

JBF, you're beginning to sound like a condemned man ... a man with a noose around his neck, and that noose is tightening ... lashing out at a Red Sox fan just reeks of panic

Lighten up, man ... you're still in first place ... at least for another week, then we'll really give you something to sweat about 8)

I didn't say the Yankees DESERVED to be in first place.

If Boston didn't suck, the Yanks would be retooling for next year. If the division is going to be up for grabs, though, the pinstripes might as well grab it.

Nice post Bob....that's why unless your 15 games out in August you never quit on your team.

You are exactly right. The Yankees did everything in their power to become also-rans in the division and noone took advantage of that.

JBF, you're beginning to sound like a condemned man ... a man with a noose around his neck, and that noose is tightening ... lashing out at a Red Sox fan just reeks of panic

Lighten up, man ... you're still in first place ... at least for another week, then we'll really give you something to sweat about 8)

who are these "Yankees" everyone keeps talking about? Occasionally, I check the standings of the other teams on my radar screen...but the Orioles are the only other one! The Yankees?

Yawn......

Boston/Yankees rivalry heating up - as I predicted. Yankees/Boston probably fighting for the division - as I predicted. Things will get mighty interesting in August/Sept - as I predict.

Yawn.....yahooo Yankee Fans...... :roll:

Big bully mentality - they whine when the chips are down, they take all their toy soldiers and run home to their mommies. When things are looking up, they come back full force, chests puffed out, to reclaim the sandbox they think is rightfully theirs. Yeeshhh....goobers. :mrgreen:

Yawn.....yahooo Yankee Fans...... :roll:

Big bully mentality - they whine when the chips are down, they take all their toy soldiers and run home to their mommies. When things are looking up, they come back full force, chests puffed out, to reclaim the sandbox they think is rightfully theirs. Yeeshhh....goobers. :mrgreen:

LMAO!!

That was funny! :lol:

Ok. This is what pisses me off

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, people.

1 game at a time, 1 game at a time.

I agree. Although Boston is panicking and Baltimore is collapsing, and we've won 5 straight, this team has teased too often this year for us to make claims like the Yankees will be in first by next weekend. As long as we're in first on the last day of September.

I wouldn't exactly say the Sox are panicking.

This Sox lead could VERY easlily be 5 or 6 games by the end of the weekend if the Yanks screw up.

One game at a time. Relax, enjoy the season still 3 months to go.

Putting an admittedly unhealthy Schilling in the bullpen because you have no faith in anyone else isn't a panic move?

You can look at is as a panic move. Or, you can look at it as:

1) an experiment. See if it works before you move any minor league prospects in a trade.

2) thinking outside the box. Did anyone here think Troy Brown as a nickleback would actually work? (well, besides me, of course :wink: )

Putting an admittedly unhealthy Schilling in the bullpen because you have no faith in anyone else isn't a panic move?

Nope it is Schilling forcing himself into the spotlight.

The biggest media whore in the buisness. He can't accept a setup role (just to even see if he can do this) while Timlin is going well. Nope not Big Schill he has to come in riding that big white horse in order to save the day trying to do something that he has never done before.

Would it suprise me if he came in and saved a few games ? No

Would it suprise me to see him blow a few games as well. No I will expect it.

This isn't about doing what is best for the Sox which in this case would obviously be a setup role until he PROVES he can even do this. Nope he has to be go in make waves, be the closer, be the star.

Guy really needs a humilty check.

1) an experiment. See if it works before you move any minor league prospects in a trade.

2) thinking outside the box. Did anyone here think Troy Brown as a nickleback would actually work? (well, besides me, of course :wink: )

Correct. Boston has the prospects to easily get a closer if they choose to do so.

Seriously Garb, don't you think that if Schilling is so gung ho to come back and help the Sox why can't he take a setup role for Timlin ? Timlin has done real well this year and he is used to get up and ready fast.

I'm really curious to see a real Sox fans take on this.

SJ chime in also. I'd love to hear

Seriously Garb, don't you think that if Schilling is so gung ho to come back and help the Sox why can't he take a setup role for Timlin ? Timlin has done real well this year and he is used to get up and ready fast.

I'm really curious to see a real Sox fans take on this.

SJ chime in also. I'd love to hear

You are preaching to the choir. As a person, Schilling comes off as a pompous arse. However, as a player - well, as I said before, he talks the talk - but backs it up by walking the walk. I'm curious if the option of set-up man was ever brought up by the Sox FO. I honestly can not say with conviction, either way, whether Schilling poo-pooed it or not. He does enjoy the spotlight and the hero worship, however. Succeeding as closer sure would feed his insatiable appetite for fame and fortune as well as solidify his place in the Pantheon of Boston Sporst Legends.

I'm a BIG Timlin fan. I think he has earned the shot of closer. He's not the most powerful guy and I suspect age is an issue.

Schilling is going into the bullpen and that doesn't mean he will become the closer. He'll be used when the situation is right and that may not be close situations. It's not a panic move in my mind. It will help Schilling get back on track to pitching more innings while at the same time helping the Sox bullpen. The Sox already have good enough starters to make them competitive in the East so why rush Schilling into the rotation? The yanks and O's hardly have starters that put the fear of god into any team.

The move is genius. It takes the worry off the back of Arroyo or Wakefield as to who was heading to the bully so I hope to see Arroyo pitch better. Wakefield is awesome right now as is Clement (forget Jeter not making the All-Star team, Clement is the biggest travesty). Wells is looking better and Miller is pitching well enough to keep the team in games. Is it as good as Pedro and Schill last year? Ofcourse not, but it sure as hell is good enough this year given the state of the surrounding competition.

Archived