Would you go O-line at #6?

Untouchable

i hope they will take the best player regardless of position but until they move Chad (trade or cut) they cannot take another number 1, because it would kill any trade leverage they have. teams wouldn't believe that the Jets really "need" Chad if there were 2 other young bucks on the roster and would just wait for the Jets to cut him, which the Jets would have to do.

Not necesserily true: If the Jets decide they love, say, Woodson, then they might flip Clemens and keep Chad. Or they can decide which offer for either player is more worth taking.

Not necesserily true: If the Jets decide they love, say, Woodson, then they might flip Clemens and keep Chad. Or they can decide which offer for either player is more worth taking.

irony of ironies Clemens has no trade value

the guy we are hoping will be the QB of the future for the Jets wouldn't fetch a ham sandwich on the open market.

irony of ironies Clemens has no trade value

the guy we are hoping will be the QB of the future for the Jets wouldn't fetch a ham sandwich on the open market.

Maybe so. But the Jets got a draft pick and a pretty good defensive lineman for Brooks Bollinger, if memory serves.

I believe they gave up around 50 sacks.

That team couldn't pass block to save their lives.

The Pitt line didn't have their best year. But Big Ben holds his balls longer than Smizzy. That didn't help the sack total. Not sure what impact it had for Smizzy.

D'Brick is fine at Left Tackle and I don't think either he or Long/Oher are making the switch to RT. We have to wait until the combine before we can properly judge each player. The problem is right now there doesn't seem to be any obvious studs available at #6. The best option may be trading down.

While I agree, who is going to trade up? The fact that there is NO consensus whatsoever at 6 on even a good player to pick means that it is also very unlikely someone will want to go up and grab him. The only remote possibility of trqading down is if McFadden falls to 6.

Ive been replaying the Patriots games on my Tivo.They have 1 hell of an OFFENSIVE LINE.These guys are like clockwork and perfection.Games are won in the trenches fits this team.

A 1st tound pick on an offensive lineman is ok by me if it will help win games.

Wuick question guys how many first round picks so the pat have on their O-line? I think it is just good scouting from their front office as much as that pains me to say

While I agree, who is going to trade up? The fact that there is NO consensus whatsoever at 6 on even a good player to pick means that it is also very unlikely someone will want to go up and grab him. The only remote possibility of trqading down is if McFadden falls to 6.

There are teams who would be looking for certain positions that we wouldn't though. There should be some pretty decent players who fit 4-3 schemes, the likes of Sedrick Ellis out of USC looks like a pretty good player who just wouldn't fit our system. There are also some teams who could be after a QB.

IMO there should be some pretty decent trading options.

There are teams who would be looking for certain positions that we wouldn't though. There should be some pretty decent players who fit 4-3 schemes, the likes of Sedrick Ellis out of USC looks like a pretty good player who just wouldn't fit our system. There are also some teams who could be after a QB.

IMO there should be some pretty decent trading options.

If McFadden is here at 6 I expect Dallas to come a knocking with their 2 1st rounders

If McFadden is here at 6 I expect Dallas to come a knocking with their 2 1st rounders

Jerry Jones may be an Arkansas man, but he is not an idiot. Marion Barber III is an absolute beast and he knows it. Darren McFadden has no chance of being a Dallas Cowboy as long as MB III is breathing.

Archived