Whats wrong with LT.

JETSFAN5180

Oh really, you'd give up he #6 pick? Getting LT would take all of our draft this year, next year, and the next year after that. He was hurt; there's no problem with the coach or organization.

With Michael Turner and Sproles dont be so quick to make assumptions.If Norv Turner wants him gone they will surely take this years #6 pick plus dumping his salary.Football is a business there is no loyalty.

The #6 pick for a RB who will be 29 in June & has well over 300 carries in the past 7 years in a row? And who sucked in half the games this past year with a far better OL than we've had here in some time?

LT is a phenom talent. But this isn't 2003-2004. We're going into 2008 & his career will be over soon. No matter how great they were at one time, all RB's get old. They get slow. They don't heal as fast.

And who says SD is even shopping probably the best player the franchise has ever had?

The #6 pick for a RB who will be 29 in June & has well over 300 carries in the past 7 years in a row? And who sucked in half the games this past year with a far better OL than we've had here in some time?

LT is a phenom talent. But this isn't 2003-2004. We're going into 2008 & his career will be over soon. No matter how great they were at one time, all RB's get old. They get slow. They don't heal as fast.

And who says SD is even shopping probably the best player the franchise has ever had?

There was a thread on this after last year. I said they should have traded him before 07 (should have, meaning if someone was willing to trade the farm for the guy). what if a team was willing to give up multiple first rounders, and second rounders? that right there could be worth it, but chances are they may throw in a WR, or CB. Both are positions that the Chargers need, or needed i should say.

I'm not too high on RB's, especially ones that have seen as many carries as LT. he'll probably have one or two great season, but the Chargers could set themselves up to be one of the most talented teams in the NFL for the next 5 years in trading him.

between his rant after the playoff loss last year, the fighting with Rivers, complaining about coaching and then standing on the sidelines with a puss as his team is fighting their hearts out, I lost some respect for LT.

It all depends on what really happened.If Norv Turner opted to go with Turner instead of LT on this big day theres more to this story.Stay tuned im sure.Id take him on the Jets anyday.

It all depends on what really happened.If Norv Turner opted to go with Turner instead of LT on this big day theres more to this story.Stay tuned im sure.Id take him on the Jets anyday.

Honestly, i'd rather have a 28 year old Orlando Pace, than a 28 year old LT.

Honestly, i'd rather have a 28 year old Orlando Pace, than a 28 year old LT.

Turner just new the other running backs were better. watch the games. :character42:

between his rant after the playoff loss last year, the fighting with Rivers, complaining about coaching and then standing on the sidelines with a puss as his team is fighting their hearts out, I lost some respect for LT.

Where in the hell were you guys yesterday for crying out loud. :lol:

I think LT might be done. He will still be an above average back for the next several years, but he will never have what he had last year again.

There is a long way from one of the greatest seasons ever by a running back to done. He doesn't have to put up his '06 numbers to be a top level back. He's still a hell of a lot better than "above average". To put it into perspective, this season he averaged more yards per carry than Curtis Martin ever did in any season of his career. His yardage would have been third best in Curtis' career (13 yards from second) and he had more touchdowns than Martin ever had in a seaon. Yet Martin is a first ballot HOFer.

I agree 100%.

I can't believe I'm reading that people would give the #6 pick for a 29 year old RB.

I thought it was just me. Couldn't believe what I was reading either. Particularly the way in which some think this would be a "no-brainer" of sorts.

It would be a no-brainer. We'd just be on the wrong side of it.

Archived