don't be surprised if the jets trade down with dallas

jets rooter

I don't know what they would receive other then the two first round pick from dallas.drafting a c.b. like aquib talib with their first choice.would make sense to me.with the extra picks they can really fill the holes in the offensive line,wide receiver,and tight end positions.it would make sense if the jets go that route since they are in a rebuilding mode.anybody agree?

Jets #6th Pick - 1,600 value

Cowboys #22nd Pick - 780 value

Cowboys #29th Pick - 640 value

---------------------------------------

Cowboys First-Round Pick's Total Value - 1420 points

1600 to 1420

Cowboys 3rd round pick (93rd overall) = 128 points

1420+128 = 1548 points

That's about equal of a trade that will happen. If the Cowboys gave up their 2nd round pick (61st overall) instead of their 3rd round pick, the total value of the Cowboys side of the trade would be 1712 points.

I don't know what they would receive other then the two first round pick from dallas.drafting a c.b. like aquib talib with their first choice.would make sense to me.with the extra picks they can really fill the holes in the offensive line,wide receiver,and tight end positions.it would make sense if the jets go that route since they are in a rebuilding mode.anybody agree?

Doubt if McFadden will still be there, but as deep as this draft is in RB's there is a slight possibility that nobody, except Jones, wants to take a RB this early.

Just a comment.

if that were to happen WR, CB, and TE would be way behind OL and a pass rusher

Baker is a pretty good TE.

WR probably is a need, I suspect Coles won't be here next season, but nowhere as much as OL and passrusher

Doubt if McFadden will still be there, but as deep as this draft is in RB's there is a slight possibility that nobody, except Jones, wants to take a RB this early.

Just a comment.

if that were to happen WR, CB, and TE would be way behind OL and a pass rusher

Baker is a pretty good TE.

WR probably is a need, I suspect Coles won't be here next season, but nowhere as much as OL and passrusher

tons of teams get by with far less at TE. I'm more than happy with Baker, give him a solid RT and he won't have to chip the DE as much. We need him out on pass paterns, couple him with cotch, and an FA pick up (assuming coles is gone) we'll have any alright receiving group.

no not two CBs in a row.

Why is all this crap about Dallas wanting Darren McFadden being talked about? The only reason they would want McFadden is if both Julius Jones and Marion Barber were free agents, and Marion Barber is a proven, great back who is under contract. This crap "because Jerry Jones is an Arkansas man" is, well, hogwash. He is not going to F up his team just to get a second back to pair with Darren McFadden. Dallas needs help in the secondary and Jones realizes that. He'll be looking to address that and possibly a WR with his two first round picks.

McFadden will be a Raider by the time the Jets pick.

Awesome backfield QB-Russell RB- McFadden.

Why would Dallas want McFadden when they have Barber and Jones.

Seriouslly?

Julius Jones' departure has been evident for some time now and Dallas owner Jerry Jones, an Arkansas alumn, has reportedly been infatuated with Dmac since last year.

Why is all this crap about Dallas wanting Darren McFadden being talked about? The only reason they would want McFadden is if both Julius Jones and Marion Barber were free agents, and Marion Barber is a proven, great back who is under contract. This crap "because Jerry Jones is an Arkansas man" is, well, hogwash. He is not going to F up his team just to get a second back to pair with Darren McFadden. Dallas needs help in the secondary and Jones realizes that. He'll be looking to address that and possibly a WR with his two first round picks.

Barber doesn't have break away speed. Today's NFL seems to prefer a RBBC, and I wouldn't go "hogwashin'" about the strength of alumni ties.

In a deep draft, Jones can land a playmaker (maybe better than Adrian Peterson from last year) in round one, and a very good CB in round 2.

Just how many holes do you think Dallas has, anyway?

Running back is not a major hole and Dallas could go on the cheap with their RBBC by resigning Julius Jones or drafting another back in the 2nd or 3rd round to go with Barber. Running back is the deepest position in this draft there is no need to waste two first round picks on a running back when you already have a bruising back in your backfield who is a capable 1,300-1,500 yard back.

Dallas' holes?

Cornerback.

Wide Receiver.

Offensive Line.

Back-up Quarterback.

But trust me, I would love to see Dallas pull one of the dumbest moves in draft day history by trading us their two first round picks plus a 3rd rounder for the 6th overall pick. I'd be happier than a pig in mud, but Jerry Jones would be a complete dumbass.

I agree with you but JJ absolutely LOVES Darren McFadden. That is why he made that trade with Cleveland in the first place. Don't underestimate how much Jerry Jones love for a certain player could affect his decision. Jones BTW is a goner in Dallas and if they want to keep their RBBC tactic which has been s effective they need to bring in a quality back. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas make that trade.

It won't be with us though, Mcfadden will defo be gone by #6.

Running back is not a major hole and Dallas could go on the cheap with their RBBC by resigning Julius Jones or drafting another back in the 2nd or 3rd round to go with Barber. Running back is the deepest position in this draft there is no need to waste two first round picks on a running back when you already have a bruising back in your backfield who is a capable 1,300-1,500 yard back.

Dallas' holes?

Cornerback.

Wide Receiver.

Offensive Line.

Back-up Quarterback.

But trust me, I would love to see Dallas pull one of the dumbest moves in draft day history by trading us their two first round picks plus a 3rd rounder for the 6th overall pick. I'd be happier than a pig in mud, but Jerry Jones would be a complete dumbass.

You don't have to tell me about the various, cheaper options to land a RB. .... I agree, that If I ran the show, I might hold onto both picks (its a really good draft), but owners have this thing about super-stars. Sometimes quality is held at a much higher priority than value. If Jerry Jones is willing to trade three picks to land one player, so be it.

AS for those holes.....

CB: 2nd round

WR: FA, 4th round +

OL: 4th round +

Backup QB: 4th round +

Dallas' holes?

Cornerback.

Wide Receiver.

Offensive Line.

Back-up Quarterback.

CB - They have one of the best CB's in the league in Terrance Newman, they need a #2 but they could go after that in FA or later in the draft.

WR - Owens, Glenn, Crayton + Witton at TE.:shock:

OL - WHAAA??? IMO they have the 2nd best group in the NFL behind New England.:shock:

Back up QB - After Julius Jones leaves they will no longer be able to utilize their 2 headed monster tactic that was so effective for them. No way will backup QB be considered a bigger need than a second running back.

Most OL are nabbed on day-2. Especially by teams that just shelled out big dollar for FAs last year (Leonard Davis, and keeping Colombo).

The WR class has a lot of talent. But like Irish said, with Crayton and Owens and Glenn, you need depth but not a day-one guy.

Keep in mind the Dallas getting a WR in round-1, was barring a huge trade-up.

:eek:

Riiiight.

Now go back to the store and hurry up, the Giants Conference Championship Tshirts are running out IJ! Hurry!

Seriously STFU!!

I have absolutely no reason to hate the Giants which I've explained loads of times and if you'd open your eyes you'd realize that I ALWAYS cheer for the team playing the Pats. ALWAYS!!!

Dallas have one of the best WR cores in the league with Owens, Glenn and Crayton + Jason Witton at TE.

On the OL, are you serious in syaing that's a need???

Did you watch the Cowboys at all this year or what???:roll:

IrishJet, you are out of your f'ing mind.

First off, Jason Witten is a Tight End. Second of all, Terry Glenn is in his mid 30's and will be retiring shortly. Third of all, what has Patrick Crayton shown besides key drops in key moments to warrant him being a number two receiver? Oh yeah, a loud mouth that he can't back up. Sam Hurd isn't anything special and therefore, Dallas needs to address the Wide Receiver position.

Oh, and T.O. is entering the final year of his deal as well. He's also 33 years of age.

Really, the Cowboys wouldn't be dumb if they selected two receivers early.

Offensive Line they need a Right Tackle and better depth, plain and simple. Could use some depth there as well.

I can promise you I saw more Cowboys games living in the NJ/NY area, than you.

Oh and don't get so pissy buddy. Everybody here roots against the Pats. :lol:

IrishJet, you are out of your f'ing mind.

First off, Jason Witten is a Tight End. Second of all, Terry Glenn is in his mid 30's and will be retiring shortly. Third of all, what has Patrick Crayton shown besides key drops in key moments to warrant him being a number two receiver? Oh yeah, a loud mouth that he can't back up. Sam Hurd isn't anything special and therefore, Dallas needs to address the Wide Receiver position.

Oh, and T.O. is entering the final year of his deal as well. He's also 33 years of age.

Really, the Cowboys wouldn't be dumb if they selected two receivers early.

Offensive Line they need a Right Tackle and better depth, plain and simple. Could use some depth there as well.

I can promise you I saw more Cowboys games living in the NJ/NY area, than you.

Oh and don't get so pissy buddy. Everybody here roots against the Pats. :lol:

Owens may be 33 but he will not be retiring anytime soon. Glenn had a rough year with injuries and is definetly reaching the nd of his career but Crayton showed that he is a more than capable backup.

Jason Witton is a tight end which I said, but he's as a good recieving threat as most WR's in this league.

You also never responded to the fact that Dallas will no longer be able to use their favoured RBBC tactic with Jones gone (he will definetly leave). Drafting McFadden would ensure that they maintain their formiddable two headed monster.

I believe I addressed that earlier in this thread by saying they could opt to resign Jones or take a Running Back in the 2nd or 3rd round, since this years crop of Running Backs is so strong. Infact it is the strongest position in the draft.

I believe I addressed that earlier in this thread by saying they could opt to resign Jones or take a Running Back in the 2nd or 3rd round, since this years crop of Running Backs is so strong. Infact it is the strongest position in the draft.

Maye but IMO Jones' love for DMC is no secret. There is a chance Felix Jones may become a big possibility but if he feels the chance to grab what many feel to be the best player in the draft is there, I think he'll do everything he can to take it.

It we had two first round picks it wouldn't kill me, but otherwise I'd agree. I trust that if a cb was far and away the BAP they'd pick him anyway.[/QUote

and why not.if you can get a shutdown corner at #22 like quib talib from kansas with 4-3 PLUS SPEED.AND A SURE TACKLER TO GO WIH REVIS..ill TAKE HIM IN A HEARTBEAT.taking limas sweed with pick 1b would fill the bill.leaving the jets to go defense or offense with their extera picks.

Dallas' holes?

Cornerback.

Wide Receiver.

Offensive Line.

Back-up Quarterback.

dallas has a full roster of great players.getting a great playerat six makessense to them,the jetsare in a rebuilding mode.and can use all the high picks they can get.

Talib will be long gone by #22, for the reasons you mention. If you trade the #6 to dallas then you are more than likely trading an elite prospect for three lesser ones, though it probably makes sense for the Jets. especially if they have filled one or more of their dire needs in FA (ie, Suggs, LG). I think Talib is an elite prospect.

Archived