Where would a Giant upset rank among all time upsets?

nylandingstrip

i was reading an la times article where lonnie white was saying a giant win wouldnt come near the upset jets in 69. he explains how different the circumstances were and of course the spread.

There is no comparison. The Jets were representing the upstart, no credibility American Football Conference (wait a second, I just described the NFC) and were given no chance. The Jets put the Super Bowl on the map and were the catalyst for the NFL as it stands today. In the NFL today any team can win on any given Sunday, which may explain how the Giants are actually even in the Super Bowl to start with

In the NFL today any team can win on any given Sunday, which may explain how the Giants are actually even in the Super Bowl to start with

jacksonville = lost to pats by 11

indy = lost to san diego, didn't earn repeat against pats

chargers = lose to pats by 9

giants = beat 3 teams ON THE ROAD, including the #1 pass defense (tampa) and two 13-3 teams (dallas and gb). and they only lost to NE by 3.

dallas = lost to pats by 3 TDs earlier, and didnt even win at home against a team they beat twice in the regular season

green bay = couldn't win when it mattered, brett favre wouldn't do **** against the Pats

what's wrong with the Giants? they earned their trip to the Superbowl. They went 10-6, won 3 road playoff games and showed they were the best collection of talent in the not-so-weak NFC.

Dallas would just get killed again.

the giants catch a break by:

-tom brady not being able to practice routes with his recievers

-their secondary will be available at full force

-they have a legit threat in Kevin Boss at tight end, who knew that!

-they may be able to knock brady out of the game ;)

It would probably rank second to the Jets' upset IMO. This upset and the Jets' isn't very comparable, though. The only reason the Jets spread was even 17 is because Vegas always has to set a reasonable limit so people will bet on both sides. The Jets beating the Colts would be like the Dolphins beating the Pats this year. Or at least that's what it was perceived as. But this is an 18-0 team, one of the best ever assembled, facing a team from an inferior conference that beat the Giants pretty comfortably last time around (it took a TD within the last two minutes to make it as close as the score indicated). It would be a very big upset.

It would probably rank second to the Jets' upset IMO. This upset and the Jets' isn't very comparable, though. The only reason the Jets spread was even 17 is because Vegas always has to set a reasonable limit so people will bet on both sides. The Jets beating the Colts would be like the Dolphins beating the Pats this year. Or at least that's what it was perceived as. But this is an 18-0 team, one of the best ever assembled, facing a team from an inferior conference that beat the Giants pretty comfortably last time around (it took a TD within the last two minutes to make it as close as the score indicated). It would be a very big upset.

the chiefs-viking upset was big too

nobody thought the AFL could do it twice

...this is an 18-0 team, one of the best ever assembled, facing a team from an inferior conference that beat the Giants pretty comfortably last time around (it took a TD within the last two minutes to make it as close as the score indicated). It would be a very big upset.

Don't forget, the Giants handed the Pats their biggest deficit of the year in the third quarter (28-16). They are capable of winning.

i was reading an la times article where lonnie white was saying a giant win wouldnt come near the upset jets in 69. he explains how different the circumstances were and of course the spread.

It would be second behind the Patriots.

The Jets victory was not an upset. It crushed the misconception that the AFL was inferior. The Jets were a good team. The Colts of that era were exactly like the Colts of today. Alot of talent with an undeniable ability to come up short in the big games. Big surprise they come up short again.

I for one wouldn't be too surprised at all. I could definetly see it happening.

wow you know i never thought of it that way. ok so the pats are undefeated and all that crap. but this team came the closest to beating them. they were up 12 freakin points on them. a win gor big blue wouldnt rank anywhere and if it did it would only be because they ruined the perfect season. whos with me?

wow you know i never thought of it that way. ok so the pats are undefeated and all that crap. but this team came the closest to beating them. they were up 12 freakin points on them. a win gor big blue wouldnt rank anywhere and if it did it would only be because they ruined the perfect season. whos with me?

Not only that but the Giants have been improving as the weeks have gone on while the Pats although still a dominant team haven't been destroying teams like they were earlier in the year. The Giants stand a chance in this game.

Not only that but the Giants have been improving as the weeks have gone on while the Pats although still a dominant team haven't been destroying teams like they were earlier in the year. The Giants stand a chance in this game.

Yes, all of those recent Pats defeats certainly point to their decline. The Giants stand a chance because anything can happen once any game starts, not because the Pats don't win every game by 30 points. Belichick vs Coughlin with 2 weeks to prepare however points to the increased likeliehood of a blowout by the Pats.

Archived