OLB Derrick Harvey

ILB David Harris

ILB Clark Haggans

OLB Bryan Thomas

CB Asante Samuel

CB Darrelle Revis

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Abram Elam

Harvey with our first???? Do you see us trading down to around 25 or something? That is a huge reach. And why would you cut chad to bring in sage? Chad already knows the system. no need to let go a 2nd stringer that knows the system for another second stringer that doesn't. Rest looks real nice though.

I don't think the Jets can afford to sign Samuel, Haggans, and Lilja. There are alot of NFL teams with the the same or more cap room than the Jets so it's probably unrealistic to say the Jets will get more than 1 top FA plus trade for Shaun Rogers.

I like Ryan Lilja. He's younger than Faneca and would be a great LG for us.

I'm not so high on Samuel. I could see this being Ty Law all over again with an overrated Pats corner getting exposed playing with our crappy front 7 never touching the QB or stopping the run.

I'd be surprised if Shaun Rogers was a Jet next season. He's a good player but def not a "Mangini Guy" whatever that means. Rogers would be a enormous upgrade over D-Rob at NT.

I love Gosder Cherilus in the 2nd round. He's big, strong and Boston College sh*ts out good OL every year in the draft. Could see him developing into a LT down the road.

Shuening in the 5th round would be a steal. He would definitely have to start over Brandon Moore if the Jets got both him and Lilja.

Not too hot on your suggestion of dumping Chad and signing Sage Rosenfels. You're basically assuming Kellen is legit, expecially after he didn't play well this year. If Clemens continues to suck our next options at QB would be Rosenfels and Toiletbowlsopo.

Trades

LB Jonathan Vilma to Detroit for DT Shaun Rogers

DT Dewayne Robertson to Kansas City for their 2008 3rd round pick

Free Agent Signings

CB Asante Samuel

LB Clark Haggans

OG Ryan Lilja

WR D.J. Hackett

QB Sage Rosenfels

FB Dan Kreider

Cuts

CB David Barrett

WR Justin McCareins

LB Eric Barton

QB Chad Pennington

OG Adrien Clarke

Mock Draft (5 Rounds)

1st round: OLB Derrick Harvey - Florida

2nd round: OT Gosder Cherilus - Boston College

3rd round: ILB Beau Bell - UNLV

3rd round: OLB Cliff Avril - Purdue

4th round: DE Marcus Dixon - Hampton

5th round: OG Roy Schuening - Oregon State

2008 Starting Lineup

QB Kellen Clemens

RB Thomas Jones

FB Dan Kreider

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Jerricho Cotchery

TE Chris Baker

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LG Ryan Lilja

C Nick Mangold

RG Brandon Moore

RT Gosder Cherilus

DE Shaun Ellis

NT Shaun Rogers

DE Kenyon Coleman

OLB Derrick Harvey

ILB David Harris

ILB Clark Haggans

OLB Bryan Thomas

CB Asante Samuel

CB Darrelle Revis

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Abram Elam

Some of your moves I love especially the Rogers trade, The O-line signings and Clark Haggans. All moves which I would love. Some issues though:

Derrick Harvey at #6 would be an incredible reach. I wouldn't mind that move if we traded down but no way should we take him with our current pick.

D-Rob for a 3rd??? That's very high for him IMO although the Herm factor is there I suppose.;-)

Overall though it would be a great off-season.

Some of your moves I love especially the Rogers trade, The O-line signings and Clark Haggans. All moves which I would love. Some issues though:

Derrick Harvey at #6 would be an incredible reach. I wouldn't mind that move if we traded down but no way should we take him with our current pick.

D-Rob for a 3rd??? That's very high for him IMO although the Herm factor is there I suppose.;-)

Overall though it would be a great off-season.

I don't know how crazy DRob for a 3rd is. I think a 4th (or even a 5th) is more realistic given his cap # and therefore the likelihood we're going to dump him anyway. But it's not that far-fetched:

As much as we kill him for being a lousy 3-4 NT, DRob is a legit starting NFL DT who would start on the overwhelming majority of 4-3 teams (particularly cover-2 types requiring an interior penetrating 1-gap DT). Even playing NT in a 3-4 he was still good for 3 and 4 sacks. He's also, despite the no-knee-cartilage thing, a relative rock in terms of health; he's missed exactly 3 games in 5 seasons for ANY reason (health or otherwise).

Only thing left is his hefty contract, but I take for granted that a team trading for him (or looking at him as a FA if he were released) would be interested in signing him past 2009 & therefore would be tearing up his current Jets deal anyway. Further, with so many teams SO far under the cap, it's even more likely for one to desire a more-expensive sure-thing than a dirt-cheap crapshoot who potentially might not even make the opening-day roster.

I'm quite sure more than 1 team would be looking at him if he was released. So what's it worth to a team to not have to get into a bidding war with potentially several other teams? It could be a 4th or a 5th. It could be nothing. But a 3rd really isn't that ridiculous for a talent they probably wouldn't get if using that pick on a rookie. To say nothing that DRob would step in and play at a veteran level from day-one. They also know from being on the Jets (Mangini) that he's probably not a summer slacker. As a bonus, he has experience in a few different defensive schemes to boot (Herm's, Donnie's, and Mangini's).

DRob definitely could have significant (non-6th/7th round) trade value.

I don't know how crazy DRob for a 3rd is. I think a 4th (or even a 5th) is more realistic given his cap # and therefore the likelihood we're going to dump him anyway. But it's not that far-fetched:

As much as we kill him for being a lousy 3-4 NT, DRob is a legit starting NFL DT who would start on the overwhelming majority of 4-3 teams (particularly cover-2 types requiring an interior penetrating 1-gap DT). Even playing NT in a 3-4 he was still good for 3 and 4 sacks. He's also, despite the no-knee-cartilage thing, a relative rock in terms of health; he's missed exactly 3 games in 5 seasons for ANY reason (health or otherwise).

Only thing left is his hefty contract, but I take for granted that a team trading for him (or looking at him as a FA if he were released) would be interested in signing him past 2009 & therefore would be tearing up his current Jets deal anyway. Further, with so many teams SO far under the cap, it's even more likely for one to desire a more-expensive sure-thing than a dirt-cheap crapshoot who potentially might not even make the opening-day roster.

I'm quite sure more than 1 team would be looking at him if he was released. So what's it worth to a team to not have to get into a bidding war with potentially several other teams? It could be a 4th or a 5th. It could be nothing. But a 3rd really isn't that ridiculous for a talent they probably wouldn't get if using that pick on a rookie. To say nothing that DRob would step in and play at a veteran level from day-one. They also know from being on the Jets (Mangini) that he's probably not a summer slacker. As a bonus, he has experience in a few different defensive schemes to boot (Herm's, Donnie's, and Mangini's).

You think it's reasonable to expect a decent pick in exchange for DRob and you kill the Jones trade? Admit it, if you rooted for a team on the other side of a deal for DRob at his current salary for a third your head would explode.

You think it's reasonable to expect a decent pick in exchange for DRob and you kill the Jones trade? Admit it, if you rooted for a team on the other side of a deal for DRob at his current salary for a third your head would explode.

Yes. I admit that. Big-time.

But it doesn't mean another team (or teams) wouldn't do it when so many have so much cap room to throw around, have to spend it somewhere, and with a glaring hole at "penetrating DT" would consider a mid-rounder a small price to pay.

And you're really twisting my words. I didn't say it's reasonable to EXPECT a decent pick. I chose my words carefully:

I don't know how crazy DRob for a 3rd is. I think a 4th (or even a 5th) is more realistic.
So what's it worth to a team to not have to get into a bidding war with potentially several other teams? It could be a 4th or a 5th. It could be nothing.
Each of those statements is a far cry from saying we should EXPECT a decent pick. I even went so far as to say his trade value may be "nothing." Even saying something like a 4th/5th is "more realistic" (than a 3rd) doesn't mean it's a sure thing (read: EXPECTED) or even outright realistic at all.

Truth is, I don't know what DRob's trade value is. I only was saying that it's not totally far-fetched that a solid, always-healthy 6-year veteran, who was once a top-4 draft pick, who twice won defensive player of the week, and who doesn't turn 27 until like week 7 next year, fetches a high mid-round pick.

Dick.

Yes. I admit that. Big-time.

Guess the only way we'll get to see that spectacle is a Coles scenario. Probably too long to wait, but it makes a nice visual.

But it doesn't mean another team (or teams) wouldn't do it when so many have so much cap room to throw around, have to spend it somewhere, and with a glaring hole at "penetrating DT" would consider a mid-rounder a small price to pay.

And you're really twisting my words. I didn't say it's reasonable to EXPECT a decent pick. I chose my words carefully:

Each of those statements is a far cry from saying we should EXPECT a decent pick. I even went so far as to say his trade value may be "nothing." Even saying something like a 4th/5th is "more realistic" (than a 3rd) doesn't mean it's a sure thing (read: EXPECTED) or even outright realistic at all.

I didn't twist your words. You defended the DRob for a 3rd as not being beyond the bounds of good taste. As I understand it, you think getting a third is unlikely (but possible) and that getting a 4th or 5th for him is reasonable. Those were the "decent picks" I meant, not the third. Expected (read "more realistic") does not mean sure thing, though I guess you could mean realistic, but not likely. In that case I probably misunderstood.

Truth is, I don't know what DRob's trade value is. I only was saying that it's not totally far-fetched that a solid, always-healthy 6-year veteran, who was once a top-4 draft pick, who twice won defensive player of the week, and who doesn't turn 27 until like week 7 next year, fetches a high mid-round pick.

I like this part. Did you cut and paste it from Bit or did you have it memorized?

Dick.

Peckerhead.

Way to twist my words again. I said a 4th or 5th is "more reasonable" and you change it to "reasonable" - typical.

Perhaps the best way to say it is that a mid-round pick (a 4th, give-or-take a round) is "not unreasonable."

Can't wait to see how you alter that one.

Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Trades

Free Agent Signings

CB Asante Samuel

LB Clark Haggans

OG Ryan Lilja

WR D.J. Hackett

QB Sage Rosenfels

FB Dan Kreider

Cuts

CB David Barrett

WR Justin McCareins

LB Eric Barton

QB Chad Pennington

OG Adrien Clarke

Mock Draft (5 Rounds)

2008 Starting Lineup

QB Kellen Clemens

RB Thomas Jones

FB Dan Kreider

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Jerricho Cotchery

TE Chris Baker

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LG Ryan Lilja

C Nick Mangold

RG Brandon Moore

RT Gosder Cherilus

DE Shaun Ellis

NT Shaun Rogers

DE Kenyon Coleman

OLB Derrick Harvey

ILB David Harris

ILB Clark Haggans

OLB Bryan Thomas

CB Asante Samuel

CB Darrelle Revis

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Abram Elam

love it UT. If we could get Avril in the fourth i would be thrilled. I am not sold on Harvey 100% but i will reserve judgement till after the combine/pro day. otherwise awesome job

Trades

Free Agent Signings

CB Asante Samuel

LB Clark Haggans

OG Ryan Lilja

WR D.J. Hackett

QB RYAN LEAF

FB Dan Kreider

Cuts

CB David Barrett

WR Justin McCareins

LB Eric Barton

QB Chad Pennington

OG Adrien Clarke

Mock Draft (5 Rounds)

2008 Starting Lineup

QB Ryan Leaf

RB Thomas Jones

FB Dan Kreider

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Jerricho Cotchery

TE Chris Baker

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LG Ryan Lilja

C Nick Mangold

RG Brandon Moore

RT Gosder Cherilus

DE Shaun Ellis

NT Shaun Rogers

DE Kenyon Coleman

OLB Derrick Harvey

ILB David Harris

ILB Clark Haggans

OLB Bryan Thomas

CB Asante Samuel

CB Darrelle Revis

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Abram Elam

me love me.

UT the draft is excellent, really good - Cherlius might be gone, in which case Benedict could be a nice option.

but sorry bro the free agent stuff is not gonna happen. huge money to land even one of those guys. im keeping it real this year and hoping the Jets sign 1 name player in the first two weeks.

but im not optimistic

:character0282::bag:

Trades

Free Agent Signings

CB Asante Samuel

LB Clark Haggans

OG Ryan Lilja

WR D.J. Hackett

QB Sage Rosenfels

FB Dan Kreider

Cuts

CB David Barrett

WR Justin McCareins

LB Eric Barton

QB Chad Pennington

OG Adrien Clarke

Mock Draft (5 Rounds)

2008 Starting Lineup

QB Kellen Clemens

RB Thomas Jones

FB Dan Kreider

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Jerricho Cotchery

TE Chris Baker

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LG Ryan Lilja

C Nick Mangold

RG Brandon Moore

RT Gosder Cherilus

DE Shaun Ellis

NT Shaun Rogers

DE Kenyon Coleman

OLB Derrick Harvey

ILB David Harris

ILB Clark Haggans

OLB Bryan Thomas

CB Asante Samuel

CB Darrelle Revis

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Abram Elam

I love Derrick Harvey as the first round selection. IMO he is the guy I want the Jets to take at 6. I would replace Ernest Wilford with DJ Hackett and I would also add Coles to the traded list after hearing his whining and give the Jets a 3rd rounder for him.

Archived