The OFFICIAL Pro Wrestling thread

My review:

There was one great match in that WM and I'll admit it was awesome. The Jericho match was good enough too due to Steamboat but the ending with Rourke ruined it, just had Jericho and Flair come accross as weak.

The MITB was a good match but the result ruined it. CM Punk? Again? A joke!

Any time Cena gets a belt I'm pissed. He sucks. Terrible match, boring and predictable.

Orton losing is ridiculous. He's been the best thing about the WWE over the last year and they **** him over like that, against HHH no less, like he needs another WM main even victory.

Dunno what to think overall, very dissapointed with the main event. It should have been HBK-Taker.

Did you really expect Orton to win this one?

Yes, at 29 Orton should be the one being built up as the dominant one, not a 40 year old Triple H who's been dominating for years and has already on TWO main events at WM.

This should have been Ortons time. Regardess of whether or not he's a heel or what it had to do with the stroy. HHH should not have won that match.

My review:

There was one great match in that WM and I'll admit it was awesome. The Jericho match was good enough too due to Steamboat but the ending with Rourke ruined it, just had Jericho and Flair come accross as weak.

The MITB was a good match but the result ruined it. CM Punk? Again? A joke!

Any time Cena gets a belt I'm pissed. He sucks. Terrible match, boring and predictable.

Orton losing is ridiculous. He's been the best thing about the WWE over the last year and they **** him over like that, against HHH no less, like he needs another WM main even victory.

Dunno what to think overall, very dissapointed with the main event. It should have been HBK-Taker.

This is Triple H's first WM victory in a while.

In recent years he's put over Cena, Benoit and Batista at WM.

This guy gets a really unfair bad rap.

Yes, at 29 Orton should be the one being built up as the dominant one, not a 40 year old Triple H who's been dominating for years and has already on TWO main events at WM.

This should have been Ortons time. Regardess of whether or not he's a heel or what it had to do with the stroy. HHH should not have won that match.

Dude, the finish has to serve the story line, not some sense of strange justice in a fixed "sport."

This is Triple H's first WM victory in a while.

In recent years he's put over Cena, Benoit and Batista at WM.

This guy gets a really unfair bad rap.

It's not even about much success HHH has had, it's about Orton. They should be building him up as dominant because he has what it takes to be that guy. Yet they're screwing him over for a guy who's been there and done that twice.

Dude, the finish has to serve the story line, not some sense of strange justice in a fixed "sport."

The storyline began with HHH turning on Orton in Evolution (At least that's the way they built it up).

Orton winning would have been closure to that whole deal.

Has he ever lost when in the main event though? I honestly don't remember, so that's a serious question.

He has but he's also retained the title 3 or 4 times (The Rock, Booker T and Tonight come to mind) and won it against Jericho too.

He's had more than enough WM success in title matches over the year.

I know he's lost to Benoit, Cena, Batista etc. But IMO it doesn't excuse him beating Orton.

He has but he's also retained the title 3 or 4 times (The Rock, Booker T and Tonight come to mind) and won it against Jericho too.

He's had more than enough WM success in title matches over the year.

I know he's lost to Benoit, Cena, Batista etc. But IMO it doesn't excuse him beating Orton.

Fair enough. I think I actually missed most of those WMs, so go figure. lol. He also retained it in the Fatal Fourway too btw.

Honestly though, the arguments against Triple H or for Orton aside, I was expecting Orton to win because I just felt like it would put a more interesting finish to the show. I like Triple H, but him winning a title match isn't exactly big news, ya know? The guy's held the title a million times, so its kind of just standard fair. It doesn't particularly upset me, just not a big deal is all.

The storyline began with HHH turning on Orton in Evolution (At least that's the way they built it up).

Orton winning would have been closure to that whole deal.

Actually it helps continue to story.

If the WWE was smart they'd end the whole double branding with two champions, have Orton take the title off of Cena and then come after HHH to unify the titles at SummerSlam.

Actually it helps continue to story.

If the WWE was smart they'd end the whole double branding with two champions, have Orton take the title off of Cena and then come after HHH to unify the titles at SummerSlam.

I wish. They'll not unify the titles.

They will have the two seperate brands always now it would seem and there's no way that could work with one sole champion.

I miss the days when the brands were unified.

I wish. They'll not unify the titles.

They will have the two seperate brands always now it would seem and there's no way that could work with one sole champion.

I miss the days when the brands were unified.

Actually it would make sense to do it now.

They could cut expenses considerably by letting a bunch of midcard talent that is useless go, plus as TNA's ratings continue to improve the more likely it will be that the WWE will re-unify the titles.

They've long since done away with the awful separate PPVs concept.

Actually it would make sense to do it now.

They could cut expenses considerably by letting a bunch of midcard talent that is useless go, plus as TNA's ratings continue to improve the more likely it will be that the WWE will re-unify the titles.

They've long since done away with the awful separate PPVs concept.

They could pretty much cut 95% of the Smackdown roster, trim some fat from Raw and then you're good to go. I haven't even wasted my time watching SD in years. That show is garbage.

Meh, I've been wanting it to happen for year but it never does.

They'll get rid of ECW (It's complete garbage away from Christian and John Morrison) soon hopefully but I don't think they'll combine the brands. Not sure superstars are willing to do that anymore.

Also, I don't think the talent on SD is as bad as BG makes out.

It currently has HHH, Taker, Edge, Big Show, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, all VERY goos superstars. Shelton and MVP have been due a push for a LONG time.

Edited by Irish Jet

Vicky is now GM of Raw. Why does WWE hate me so much? The only WWE show I still bother to watch and now its been ruined too. I can't stand that fat, ugly, obnoxious, piece of human waste. Anyone and everyone employed by WWE who thinks she deserves a paycheck let alone actually appearing on TV should just be fired on the spot. Seriously, I can't even watch when she's on. Its beyond awful.

I havnt watched wresting like I was about 13 or 14, Steve Austin was always my favorite just because he was bad ass and the other day I was actually looking 4 something to watch and I seen him dressed up in a suit and I was like wow, never woulda thought I would see him dressed up like that, lol..

Is it hard to reach the keyboard?

• 2 months later...
That's what happens when you have a champion with the personality of a roof shingle.

Orton is not the problem, if anything he's one of the few positives.

The problem is that it's ridiculously predictable - No one outside of Orton, HHH, Cena and Batista get a serious push, no fresh material at all. I mean WTF was The Miz and Cena all about? If you're going to make that feud work you simply HAVE to build The Miz up, something I actually think they could have done - Instead they just bitch him out at The Bash, stupid.

Smackdown on the other hand is much better. Mysterio-Jericho was awesome (Every feud involving Jericho has been epic seemingly) and like what they're doing with CM Punk - Why they didn't turn him heel like that on Raw last year I'll never know. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Jericho and Edge as a tag team. Also hoping John Morrsion gets a push sooner rather than later, which there have been signs of.

Edited by Irish Jet

Orton is not the problem, if anything he's one of the few positives.

The problem is that it's ridiculously predictable - No one outside of Orton, HHH, Cena and Batista get a serious push, no fresh material at all. I mean WTF was The Miz and Cena all about? If you're going to make that feud work you simply HAVE to build The Miz up, something I actually think they could have done - Instead they just bitch him out at The Bash, stupid.

Smackdown on the other hand is much better. Mysterio-Jericho was awesome (Every feud involving Jericho has been epic seemingly) and like what they're doing with CM Punk - Why they didn't turn him heel like that on Raw last year I'll never know. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Jericho and Edge as a tag team. Also hoping John Morrsion gets a push sooner rather than later, which there have been signs of.

Morrison needs a push fast. Guy is going to be a star if WWE doesn't screw it up like they did with Kennedy.

Nope!

And I thought Miz did real well in last night's match.

They could potentially have something there.

Yeah, the guys got talent and the charisma is there. They shouldn't have done that to him on the PPV though. They completely ****ed up any chance of giving him a push there and then.

Edit: ****ing Tommy ****ing DeVito account! (I'm Irish Jet BTW)