The OFFICIAL Pro Wrestling thread

As much though as I would criticise the WWE for what they've done with Orton/HHH and Cena/Edge (Feuds that we've seen over and over again) I have to say that segment with Jericho and Roddy Piper was the best I've seen in a while. Whoever Jericho is feuding with for Wrestlemania (My guess is Flair) I reckon it will be a very good one.

Agreed.

Though, I have one question for you.

You've repeatedly said how much you hate Cena, I'm just curious as to why.

Granted, I'm not a huge Cena fan myself, but he's had some decent matches, and while he is pretty limited in the ring, isn't as bad as other top stars in years past.

I'm just curious.

Agreed.

Though, I have one question for you.

You've repeatedly said how much you hate Cena, I'm just curious as to why.

Granted, I'm not a huge Cena fan myself, but he's had some decent matches, and while he is pretty limited in the ring, isn't as bad as other top stars in years past.

I'm just curious.

I used to like Cena when he first came into the WWE and I have to say that for th most part, the reason I really dislike him is how he's used by the WWE more than anything else. Nothing against the guy himself.

For years they've been basically ramming him down our throats when it's pretty clear he isn't that popular among fans. They need to realise he's not the Rock, he's John Cena. I always thought he was a pretty good heel yet the WWE never gave him that role when pushing him, something that's pissed me off for a while.

I used to like Cena when he first came into the WWE and I have to say that for th most part, the reason I really dislike him is how he's used by the WWE more than anything else. Nothing against the guy himself.

For years they've been basically ramming him down our throats when it's pretty clear he isn't that popular among fans. They need to realise he's not the Rock, he's John Cena. I always thought he was a pretty good heel yet the WWE never gave him that role when pushing him, something that's pissed me off for a while.

:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok...predictions:

Jericho Vs. The Legends

I see The Legends taking this one with a run in from a legend we haven't seen in this feud yet.

25 Diva Battle Royal

Who cares? I'll go with Beth Phoenix...or Trish Stratus if she makes an appearance.

MITB Ladder Match

Everyone knows my undying allegiance to Shelton Benjamin. Sadly, reality is he'll never get the push he deserves, so I see Christian taking this one.

Tag Team Title Unification Match

Why even bother having Tag Titles in the WWE? I'll go with Miz and Morrison in this one.

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

I think Jeff prevails in this one.

JBL vs. Rey Mysterio

This is a tough one...I'm not sure WWE will have JBL drop the title so soon, so I'll say JBL wins this one.

Edge vs Cena vs Big Show

Big Show is long overdue to win a title, and I'm tired of seeing these other two hold the strap. I think Big Show wins this one.

HHH vs. Randy Orton

What a great program these two have built. I have the Legend Killer winning the WWE Championship here.

Taker vs HBK

Going to be the match of a lifetime. My two favorite wrestlers of all time go head to head. I'm calling it...the streak ends tonight. 16-1. HBK does the unthinkable.

This will be the first PPV I order in about 6 years. HBK/Taker and HHH/Orton will be worth the price alone. Enjoy.

Edited by InstantClassic

Ok...predictions:

Jericho Vs. The Legends

I see The Legends taking this one with a run in from a legend we haven't seen in this feud yet.

25 Diva Battle Royal

Who cares? I'll go with Beth Phoenix...or Trish Stratus if she makes an appearance.

MITB Ladder Match

Everyone knows my undying allegiance to Shelton Benjamin. Sadly, reality is he'll never get the push he deserves, so I see Christian taking this one.

Why even bother having Tag Titles in the WWE? I'll go with Miz and Morrison in this one.

JBL vs. Rey Mysterio

This is a tough one...I'm not sure WWE will have JBL drop the title so soon, so I'll say JBL wins this one.

Edge vs Cena vs Big Show

Big Show is long overdue to win a title, and I'm tired of seeing these other two hold the strap. I think Big Show wins this one.

HHH vs. Randy Orton

What a great program these two have built. I have the Legend Killer winning the WWE Championship here.

Taker vs HBK

Going to be the match of a lifetime. My two favorite wrestlers of all time go head to head. I'm calling it...the streak ends tonight. 16-1. HBK does the unthinkable.

This will be the first PPV I order in about 6 years. HBK/Taker and HHH/Orton will be worth the price alone. Enjoy.

I agree with all except HBK - Taker. I think the streak continues but it will be a GREAT match.

I'm considering whether or not to order it.

Actually thinking about it I think Edge will win too.

Triple threat matches play perfectly into his "Ultimate Opportunist" persona. I think it will be like the Orton-HHH-Cena match last year where Orton took advantage of a pedigree.

Can't ****ing wait for MITB!

I also hope (and doubt) that if they do have Orton win the title, that he wins it cleanly without interference from legacy.

Edited by Irish Jet

Actually thinking about it I think Edge will win too.

Triple threat matches play perfectly into his "Ultimate Opportunist" persona. I think it will be like the Orton-HHH-Cena match last year where Orton took advantage of a pedigree.

Can't ****ing wait for MITB!

I also hope (and doubt) that if they do have Orton win the title, that he wins it cleanly without interference from legacy.

Someone score a clean victory off the boss' son in law?

HA!

Someone score a clean victory off the boss' son in law?

HA!

When he beat HHH at No Mercy to win the WWE title in a Last Man Standing match it was a clean win. It was an awesome match mostly BECAUSE of that. Doubt it will happen though - Legacy will come out at some point.

Ok...predictions:

Jericho Vs. The Legends

25 Diva Battle Royal

MITB Ladder Match

JBL vs. Rey Mysterio

Edge vs Cena vs Big Show

HHH vs. Randy Orton

Taker vs HBK

Undertaker is the lamest gimmick of all time. Who the hell would be afraid of a 50-year-old man who wears too much eye makeup?

That said, I've loved the buildup to this match since they've finally had someone not act in fear of the Undertaker.

I really hope they kill the streak and let HBK take this one.

4eeQo4scdkg

That is an awesome promo for HHH-Orton. Some great build up to this match.

I've ordered WM, first PPV I've got in a LONG time. Looking forward to this one. The triple threat match on the other hand has NOT been built up well. That Vicky BS is getting old.

Edited by Irish Jet

Punk's gonna walk out of the night with a belt.

He proved last time that he was not worthy of carrying a belt, he was a ****ing terrible champion.

It's an absolute joke that he won it over MVP, Christian, Shelton etc. He was the LAST person I would have given the MITB, it's ridiculous!