The OFFICIAL Pro Wrestling thread

Looks like Jeff Hardy is done:

http://www.ifight365.com/2008/11/wwes-jeff-hardy-found-unconscious-ahead-of-tonights-survivor-series-ppv/

Found unconscious in his hotel after numerous last chances. I like Jeff, especially as of late but he needs to get out of wrestling and seek some serious help otherwise the inevitable will happen.

It was all a work. He made a run in..and Edge came back to win the belt!

• 3 weeks later...

The Wrestler Is Good

A three-time WWE champion explains what Darren Aronofksy's pro-wrestling movie gets right.

By Mick Foley

Posted Thursday, Dec. 18, 2008, at 7:26 PM ET

A couple of years ago, I met with a respected and successful producer who believed that one day, the motion picture industry would finally make a great pro-wrestling movie

• 1 month later...
Dissapointed with the Orton win. I'm a huge fan of his, but the Rumble should be used to push new talent over the top. We already know he's a main eventer.

The rest of the PPV sucked.

He's going to be THE guy now in the WWE. The fans are completely ****ing up Cena, because they boo him than they do cheer him, which is destroying his whole charachter. I fully expect Orton and Jericho to dominate Raw this year and although you're right that they need to start pushing people over (Guy's like Kennedy, Shelton and MVP will need to get more involved this year, it's a joke that they haven't been pushed already when the talent and charisma is clearly there) but I don't think winning the Rumble would have been the way to do it, no one has stepped up to that extent this year. They maybe could have delayed Hardy's push and have him win the rumble but whatever.

DiBiase and Rhodes are getting a good push right now. I love this legacy stable that's been created. It's very Evolution-like.

Yeah...but did anyone really buy Shane knocking Orton down that many times with little to no effort?

That ending to Raw has to have been the most pitiful thing I've ever seen from the WWE. Shane McMahon, taking out Orton along with Legacy or Priceless or whatever you wanna' call 'em. Orton had all kinds of momentum and had been doing outstanding mic work all night again and he gets that kind of treatment. Ridiculous, they just killed the dominant charachter they had going. Shane 'O Mac is able to take them out yet HHH along with every Royal Rumble superstar can't? Ugh!

I'm hoping this leads to a Shane McMahon heel turn. Maybe he could join "Legacy" as a manager or something. I suspect that could be the case (especially after the Stephanie-Shane rivalry that was going on before) but I dunno.

Either way it was still a stupid ending to Raw.

On a side note, nice to see Kofi getting somewhat of a push.

Edited by Irish Jet

As far as Santino goes...he is a very very funny character..but they make a mockery out of him as a wrestler. See last night's 1.3 second Rumble stay.

That's the great thing about the guy! Because of that, he's going to end up an "accidental" Champion one day soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Regardless - That was a great match.

Bad result though but you have to consider putting Taker in a WM main event either as champion or contender is pointless. The result is a foregone conclusion, he will never lose at WM.

I'm convinced there will be a twist with Edge yet.

It was an outstanding match.

I have a feeling Taker will lose at one.

I still think he has deserved to headline a WM as champ. Enough is enough with Cena/HHH/Batista.

Barf.