Rich McKay doesn't buy the lame Patsy fan argument

madmike1

“I don’t want the outside perception to be, ‘Boy, there are all these teams and they’re all doing all these things,’ ” said Rich McKay, the Falcons’ president and a member of the competition committee. “Because it’s not true.”
Everyone is NOT doing it. Your team cheats. Deal with it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night rooting for a loser team that hasn't won anything in almost 40 years. Like they say, if you aint cheating, u aint trying.

At least you admit your team is cheating. How would you feel if your team was cheated? I imagine your reaction in that case wouldn't be "If you're not cheating you're not trying."

ENOUGH with this cheating crap.

Look. You guys look like 12 yr old girls crying to mommy about this cheating. I'm not even a Pats fan and I don't care. Why in gods name taping the signs is cheating is beyond me! So, if they did it from the 2nd row of the stands, it's OK!? That makes no sense.

Now, taping another teams practice in secret, that's cheating, but during a game, taping the other team.. who cares. MOVE ON. BEAT THEM ON THE FIELD.

Look. You guys look like 12 yr old girls crying to mommy about this cheating. I'm not even a Pats fan and I don't care. Why in gods name taping the signs is cheating is beyond me! So, if they did it from the 2nd row of the stands, it's OK!? That makes no sense.

Now, taping another teams practice in secret, that's cheating, but during a game, taping the other team.. who cares. MOVE ON. BEAT THEM ON THE FIELD.

This is not about Jets vs Pats. If you can't see that then you're blind. It's SO MUCH bigger than that. This is about the integrity of the sport.

Whatever helps you sleep at night rooting for a loser team that hasn't won anything in almost 40 years. Like they say, if you aint cheating, u aint trying.

:rl: Jerkoff newbie bandwagon fans like you make me laugh. The Pats go 8-8 then suddenly your a Cowboy fan or whoever. Pathetic

:gay:

This is not about Jets vs Pats. If you can't see that then you're blind. It's SO MUCH bigger than that. This is about the integrity of the sport.

Then please answer this for me.

Why would Goodell protect the Patriots and Belichick?

If this was MLB and Selig and something similar was involved the Yankees most recent dynasty, I could buy the argument that MLB would protect the Yankees. The Yankees are largely "the straw that stirs" the MLB drink. Losing the Yankees product would cripple the sport.

Protecting the Patriots as many on this board say Goodell is doing, does not make sense on any level. The Patriots move to Los Angeles or Omaha tomorrow, the league carries on. The league has always promoted the team over the individual.

Plus, they risk the TV contract. That is the NFL's life blood. They are not the most viable league without it. That is the reason they are the most successful. Why risk the TV contract for the Patriots? A drug scandal? The league survives. A player murders or is involved in a murder? The league survives. Violence against woman? NO problem. League is still standing. Now, it the integrity of the game is questioned. All TV networks would pull away fromt he table or asked for a serious reduction in payment. The league cannot have the game be equated with the WWE.

The Patriots are not so big to the league they need to be protected. The league would not risk the billions they receive from TV that allows Green Bay and New York compete on equal ground.

Answer they why?

If this was MLB and Selig and something similar was involved the Yankees most recent dynasty, I could buy the argument that MLB would protect the Yankees. The Yankees are largely "the straw that stirs" the MLB drink. Losing the Yankees product would cripple the sport.

Protecting the Patriots as many on this board say Goodell is doing, does not make sense on any level. The Patriots move to Los Angeles or Omaha tomorrow, the league carries on. The league has always promoted the team over the individual.

Plus, they risk the TV contract. That is the NFL's life blood. They are not the most viable league without it. That is the reason they are the most successful. Why risk the TV contract for the Patriots? A drug scandal? The league survives. A player murders or is involved in a murder? The league survives. Violence against woman? NO problem. League is still standing. Now, it the integrity of the game is questioned. All TV networks would pull away fromt he table or asked for a serious reduction in payment. The league cannot have the game be equated with the WWE.

The Patriots are not so big to the league they need to be protected. The league would not risk the billions they receive from TV that allows Green Bay and New York compete on equal ground.

Answer they why?

Becuase when it's found out that a sport hasn't been on the level for 8 years the league takes a HUGE hit. It's very clear why they would want to sweep it under the rug.

Answer they why?

I've got your answer smart guy.

It's a WELL KNOWN FACT that Bob Kraft and Paul Tagliabue were childhood friends and best friends as adults.You don't think that while Tagliabue was grooming his right hand man Goodell, that some of that crap of favoring the Patriots* rubbed off on him???

Look at some of the favoritism that Tags showed the Patsies* while he was in office,and then remember that Goodell was taking part in that stuff too.Yeah,REAL HARD to figure out why they are covering for the Pats*..................;):Nuts:

Answer they why?

To me that seems like a reason WHY they would try to cover up the severity of their cheating. If they protect them by sweeping it under the rug, slapping their wrist for punishment and telling everyone to move on, that would help protect the leagues reputation. But it seems as though that plan is back firing because people won't let it go and more "rumors" and suspicion are coming out. If they came out at the beginning of the season and said that the Pats had been cheating for the past 8 years and had been gaining a huge advantage from it, ofcourse TV networks would of started pulling out. Or would they?

To me that seems like a reason WHY they would try to cover up the severity of their cheating. If they protect them by sweeping it under the rug, slapping their wrist for punishment and telling everyone to move on, that would help protect the leagues reputation. But it seems as though that plan is back firing because people won't let it go and more "rumors" and suspicion are coming out. If they came out at the beginning of the season and said that the Pats had been cheating for the past 8 years and had been gaining a huge advantage from it, ofcourse TV networks would of started pulling out. Or would they?

All of this couldve been prevented if the league kept the fines but also added a Bellycheat suspension (at least 1 week) to the punishment and maybe dock a 3rd and 4th instead of a 1st rder.

If they had done that and kept the tapes locked up in some safe... None of this would still be going on right now.

All of this couldve been prevented if the league kept the fines but also added a Bellycheat suspension (at least 1 week) to the punishment and maybe dock a 3rd and 4th instead of a 1st rder.

If they had done that and kept the tapes locked up in some safe... None of this would still be going on right now.

Agreed, and someone told me that if they had suspended ole billy for 2 or more games, it would have cost him more than $500,000. Is that true?

Goodell has dealt with this terribly. the whole situation is out of control and the sad thing is we might never know to what extent the Pats actually cheated.

Hopefully the truth comes out, because it's pretty obvious from the outside looking in that something is not at all right.

Goodell has dealt with this terribly. the whole situation is out of control and the sad thing is we might never know to what extent the Pats actually cheated.

Hopefully the truth comes out, because it's pretty obvious from the outside looking in that something is not at all right.

it's obvious that Goodell made a serious error in judgment when he decided to destroy the tapes.

I can see why he did it. It's his first year as commish, he's trying to play the tough guy with the players, and a FO scandal breaks out.

He felt rather then throw mud on the whole NFL, he would personally fine Lil Bill, and the whole thing would go away.

Wrong

He didn't know about Walsh. Or didn't care.

Just like with Nixon, or Clinton it isn't what the first crime was that caused all the uproar, it was the cover-up.

Lets face it, if Clinton had just come out and grin and said "well I had to relive some stress,and Ms Clinton wouldn't help" Everyone would have smirked, except Ms Clinton and it would have gone away.

He better move quickly on this, and give Walsh his immunity. Once Congress gets involved, the freak show is open.

Those mega TV contracts are in jeopardy

Answer they why?

Because the Pats are one of the glamour teams in the NFL. That is why.

They are the team with the best QB and a legendary head coach. They are the Dallas Cowboys of the late 70's early 80's. Goodell would do anything to protect the nest egg (TV Contract) and that is why they were so proactive in this manner.

A cheating scandal of ANY kind is a major black eye to the sport, and when it involves one of your glamour teams then it doubles.

The last thing ANY sport wants, no matter how powerful and how strong they are in any idea that there games are not on the up and up. Otherwise you are looking at the WWE.

So it would not suprirse me in the least that Goodell tried to minimize the damage as much as possible. I won't say he tried to sweep under the rug like MLB did/does with the steroids scandal because they are a bunch of idiots over there but I will say that we need to see what Walsh has, if he has anything at all. If he does have a tape then I think BB and that Pats are going to be in big trouble.

Answer they why?

You are an intelligent man from your posts PSFIKH but you understand why this is a huge issue..Why would anyone watch the NFL if it wasn't fair competition?.This would turn into the WWF or whatever its called now. The NFL is the best run professional sports league in the world..agreed?. In saying that what makes the NFL great is that all teams have the opportunity to compete on a fair playing field..Running "black ops" on the opposition is not the way to go here..Its not a Pat's thing, its an NFL thing now that will affect fans perception of the NFL.

And if you think this is effecting the integrity of the sport you're kidding yourself.

And if you think this is effecting the integrity of the sport you're kidding yourself.

You seem to be one of the very, very few people who believe this isn't a big thing. Are you sure you're not a Patriot fan just grasping at straws for excuses? ;)

Like it or not, this hurts the game.

You seem to be one of the very, very few people who believe this isn't a big thing. Are you sure you're not a Patriot fan just grasping at straws for excuses? ;)

Like it or not, this hurts the game.

See, I don't agree... What's the damned difference? Stuff like this happens in baseball all the time! It hasn't ruined that game... other things have, but this type of stuff has not.

From the evidence so far, I just don't think it's a big deal. Now, if you tell me they snuck into walkthroughs of other teams during the Super Bowl,a nd that proves to be true, I'll change my stance.

Archived