The Golf thread

afosomf

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he justs needs to fix his Xbox 360

Sadly Tiger Woods on the PS3 and Golden Tee at the bar is the closest I have been able to come to real golf this season. The weather just isn't cooperating. I haven't even been able to get to the course to see if my golf cart is still there.

Sadly Tiger Woods on the PS3 and Golden Tee at the bar is the closest I have been able to come to real golf this season. The weather just isn't cooperating. I haven't even been able to get to the course to see if my golf cart is still there.

weather doesnt stop u from some of best BBQ in world..:D

Took in the Outback Pro-Am today.

Man those old guys can still hit it a mile. Bernhard Langer hit a freakin' rocket that probably still hasn't come down yet. He was also very classy in helping the amateurs out with everything, including looking for their balls.

Followed Bill Murray and Mark O'Meara for a couple of holes. Murray is one cool dude. He took the time to sign stuff and talk to people. He even drove his cart into one lady's yard and let himself into her lanai to grab a drink. It was pretty funny.

I'll be going back on Sunday, I have a friend who knows Andy Bean, who is another great guy.

Took in the Outback Pro-Am today.

Man those old guys can still hit it a mile. Bernhard Langer hit a freakin' rocket that probably still hasn't come down yet. He was also very classy in helping the amateurs out with everything, including looking for their balls.

Followed Bill Murray and Mark O'Meara for a couple of holes. Murray is one cool dude. He took the time to sign stuff and talk to people. He even drove his cart into one lady's yard and let himself into her lanai to grab a drink. It was pretty funny.

I'll be going back on Sunday, I have a friend who knows Andy Bean, who is another great guy.

I met Murray in RTP, nice guy..he went to duke hospital all the time to

see the kids

Murray's tee shot hits woman in her yard

Associated Press

LUTZ, Fla. -- Actor Bill Murray hooked a tee shot so badly during a Pro-Am event on Friday that the ball sailed across a street next to the hole and hit a woman in her front yard. She was knocked to the ground and had to go to the hospital.

Murray was on No. 9 at the TPC Tampa Bay during the first round of the Outback Pro-Am when he hit Gail DiMaggio as she was watching the tournament.

He was playing with Hal Sutton, Jeff Sluman and Fred Paglia. They continued while Murray's caddie took him in a cart to the woman's yard, where paramedics were attending to her. Tournament officials said DiMaggio was lying on the ground, but conscious and moving.

"I wasn't sure I was in bounds or not," Murray said. "And I saw this NBC golf cart coming at me and he said, 'I hate to be the one to tell you this but you hit a lady. She's down on the ground.' That is, you know, sobering."

Murray said DiMaggio was taken to a local hospital.

"She was overjoyed when she saw me because she said she had come out to see me and her husband had just said, 'I hope he hits it over here,' " said Murray, who did not finish his round.

After signing his scorecard he joked with reporters that DiMaggio isn't the first spectator he's hit.

"I wasn't sure I was in bounds or not," Murray said. "And I saw this NBC golf cart coming at me and he said, 'I hate to be the one to tell you this but you hit a lady. She's down on the ground.' That is, you know, sobering."

Wurd! :rl:

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I was in face in Athens, GA on that date.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/9467662/Golfer-aces-same-hole-on-two-straight-days?MSNHPHMA

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Brendon Todd made Nationwide Tour history by making a hole-in-one at the same hole for the second straight day at the Athens Regional Foundation Classic.

The former Georgia All-American aced the 147-yard 17th hole on Friday, using an 8-iron during the second round at the Jennings Mill Country Club course.

"It's still hard to believe," Todd said after posting a 1-under 71. "It's a bit surreal, even now."

During Thursday's opening round, Todd used a 7-iron when the hole played 157 yards and he finished with a 4-under 68. He is 5-under for the $550,000 event.

Todd is the first player in the 20-year history of the tour to ace the same hole twice in the same tournament.

"I had just come off a bogey and so I wasn't in a great mood when I stepped on the tee. I wasn't even thinking about making it," he said. "It was a perfect yardage and I flagged it. It looked pretty good in the air and then landed about 4 feet short and left of the hole and rolled in the back of the cup. I guess I played the break perfectly."

The last player to ace the same hole twice in the same tournament was Graham Marsh in the first and third rounds of the 2004 Senior British Open.

Yusaku Miyazato (2006), Bob Tway (1994), Glen Day (1994), Jack Rule (1964) and Bill Whedon (1955) are the only players in modern PGA Tour history to record two aces in a single event. Miyazato and Whedon are the only ones to do it in the same round.

Golf lessons by Afo

This week the golf grip

this is how club should lie in your left hand(for righty swings)

mini-LaCantera1.jpg

A fundamentally sound grip helps you create power and feel at the same time. Wrist action is a power source and gripping the club too much in the palm of your hand reduces wrist action.

The fingers are the most sensitive parts of our hands. Placing the club more in the fingers rather than in the palm increases the amount of wrist hinge, which results in longer tee shots and more feel.

One of the most common errors among golfers is a weak lead-hand (left hand for the right-handed golfer) grip that is too much in the palm. This produces a shot that slices and lacks power.

The dots on the glove show the position the club should take in the grip. The club should be held more in the fingers than in the palm.

Hold the club about three feet in the air, in front of your body. With the club face square, place the club at an angle through the fingers, following the line of the dots pictured in Step 2. The club should touch the base of the little finger and rest just above the first joint of the index finger (along the line of the dots).

mini-LaCantera2.jpg

mini-LaCantera3.jpg

In the address position, looking down at your grip, you should be able to see the knuckles of the index and middle finger of your lead (top) hand.

You should also see a "V" that is created by the thumb and forefinger of the lead hand, and that "V" should be pointing back toward your right (for right-handed players) shoulder (the 1 o'clock position).

Cover your lead-hand (top-hand) thumb with the lifeline of your trailing palm.

like this

mini-trailing3.jpg

remember the grip pressure should be light

Thanks. Good timing on this tip. I wanted to work on my grip tomorrow when I play.

Draw the dots on your glove...legal as well

also if you stand up straight and let your arms hang, you will notice that your hands point inward...grab the club with left hand while hands are in this position and this will help.

Posture tip next week

Posture Tip....

posture1.jpg

Your knees should be slightly flexed and directly over the balls of your feet for balance. The center of the upper spine (between your shoulder blades), knees and balls of the feet should be stacked when viewed from behind the ball on the target line. Also, the back knee should be ****ed slightly inward towards the target. This will help you brace yourself on this leg during the back swing, thus preventing lower body sway.

Your body should bend at the hips, not in the waist (your buttocks will protrude slightly when you are in this correct posture). The spine is the axis of rotation for the swing, so it should be bent towards the ball from the hips at approximately a 90-degree angle to the shaft of the club. This right angle relationship between the spine and the shaft will help you swing the club, arms and body as a team on the correct plane.

Your vertebrae should be in a straight line with no bending in the middle of the spine. If your spine is in a "slouch" posture, every degree of bend decreases your shoulder turn by 1.5 degrees. Your ability to turn the shoulders on the back swing equals your power potential, so keep your spine in line for longer drives and more consistent ball striking.

Draw the dots on your glove...legal as well

also if you stand up straight and let your arms hang, you will notice that your hands point inward...grab the club with left hand while hands are in this position and this will help.

Posture tip next week

u r doing everything u can to make him beat me ;)

my biggest issue is still teh slice ONLY on driver..

I have to reall yconcentrate on keeping me left arm close to body on downswing..

JGBs lent me his Taylor something anti slice driver and it really did do wonders,,may have to get one,,or us ehis when he gets the new model,,ahha,,he can afford it better than me

my biggest issue is still teh slice ONLY on driver..

I have to reall yconcentrate on keeping me left arm close to body on downswing..

JGBs lent me his Taylor something anti slice driver and it really did do wonders,,may have to get one,,or us ehis when he gets the new model,,ahha,,he can afford it better than me

it is the longest club, thus the easiest club to slice

do not rush downswing...try that

that my problem my hands get in front of the club head on my down swing and i end up scile the crap out of the ball. and it only the driver.. my 3 wood goes straight as hell no slice no draw

yes..since the driver is longest and lightest club, most people come

down too fast, clubface left wide open...hence bananna slice

Today's tip the Backswing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and a good backswing drill

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and 1 more drill

Archived