The Golf thread

afosomf

got mine from golfsmith.com for $550 used. P-9 (even though the website said P-8! score!) also got a SW from my uncle. I have the driver and a rescue club also (22 degrees). don't like the rescue club much.

I've been playing Tommy Armours since I started to play for real about 3 years ago.

Was it just the iron set ? or did you get the hybrids as well ?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i detest hybrids, i can't get under the ball with them (i'm rarely in the fairway).

I just bought the Adams A3OS boxer 4 iron hybrid loft=22

it is by far the easiest club i have ever hit and cuts thru the rough with ease.

i have taken 4 iron out of my bag!!!!

i detest hybrids, i can't get under the ball with them (i'm rarely in the fairway).

Really ?

I love hitting the hybrids. I could never no matter how hard I tried hit a 3 or 4 iron. I have used them for long putts off the fringe, and some chips as well. It is a really versitile club.

I just try and swing it like a five wood and just sweep it off the ground.

I hear that though from alot people so it doesn't surprise me.

the hybrids were designed to be hit like an iron so maybe you are playing them too far forward in stance, play them in middle and watch it go

and 1 more chipping lesson

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

as a stockholder, I am shocked you are spending so much time on this message board.

Please get back to work so my retirement can be more relaxing.

And JGBs, same goes for you. I need your income as my retirement buffer.

as a stockholder, I am shocked you are spending so much time on this message board.

Please get back to work so my retirement can be more relaxing.

And JGBs, same goes for you. I need your income as my retirement buffer.

Speaking of retirement, I made the mistake of checking out an IRA account I have with Fidelity Investments - I've lost another $4.5K in less than a month :eek:

Put it this way - good thing I'm not retiring any time soon or I would be F'ED! Plus, I'm too old to marry an old man with money.....sh*t! Why did I have to be so darn bull-headed....maybe SJ was right? I should have been making sammiches for the honey instead of taking the train into Boston so I can work like a hampster on one of those silly wheels - going 'round and 'round and 'round.....

Leaving tommrow for Garden City Beach (A little south of Myrtle Beach). I'm going to play 5 rounds in the next two weeks.

1) Myrtle Beach National Kings's North

2) Prestwick

3) True Blue (Played Caledonia last year)

4) Founders Club at Pawley's Island

5) Three courses to choose from, Willbrook, Heritage, Long Bay. We are probably going to play Heritage.

Cannot wait !!!!!!!!!!!

Leaving tommrow for Garden City Beach (A little south of Myrtle Beach). I'm going to play 5 rounds in the next two weeks.

1) Myrtle Beach National Kings's North

2) Prestwick

3) True Blue (Played Caledonia last year)

4) Founders Club at Pawley's Island

5) Three courses to choose from, Willbrook, Heritage, Long Bay. We are probably going to play Heritage.

Cannot wait !!!!!!!!!!!

play Heritage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just tied my lowest round evah this week

1 under 71

i freaking bogied last hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I survived yet another year of the Roadkill. Despite my face and neck being sunburnt beyond belief I'm in one piece. Both courses were incredible and I donated several balls to the golf gods. :lol: The highlight of my golf weekend was on hole number 6 at Swope Park. A 150 yd. Par 3. I had been playing like complete garbage to this point. I hit my tee shot and it's headed for the left fringe. I turn around and walk to the cart in disgust. Then I hear the other three guys in my group yelling. I turn around to see the ball roll past the hole about 6 inches away stopping 2 feet from the cup. Apparantly when the ball hit the fringe it got a nice kick to the right and put me in position for a birdie putt which I sunk. Unfortunately that was the only highlight of the weekend. The best I could muster after that was a bogie on the second day. At least I had something to talk about on the trip home though.

Well I survived yet another year of the Roadkill. Despite my face and neck being sunburnt beyond belief I'm in one piece. Both courses were incredible and I donated several balls to the golf gods. :lol: The highlight of my golf weekend was on hole number 6 at Swope Park. A 150 yd. Par 3. I had been playing like complete garbage to this point. I hit my tee shot and it's headed for the left fringe. I turn around and walk to the cart in disgust. Then I hear the other three guys in my group yelling. I turn around to see the ball roll past the hole about 6 inches away stopping 2 feet from the cup. Apparantly when the ball hit the fringe it got a nice kick to the right and put me in position for a birdie putt which I sunk. Unfortunately that was the only highlight of the weekend. The best I could muster after that was a bogie on the second day. At least I had something to talk about on the trip home though.

so today you are admittedly a redneck? sounds like fun alk

so today you are admittedly a redneck? sounds like fun alk

Yes, I'm most definately a redneck today although the burn seems to have faded a little bit since this morning. :lol: The coolest part of the first course we played was all of the golf carts had GPS on them. Now mind you it doesn't do me a damn bit of good to know how far the pin is but the other guys seemed to like it.

Yes, I'm most definately a redneck today although the burn seems to have faded a little bit since this morning. :lol: The coolest part of the first course we played was all of the golf carts had GPS on them. Now mind you it doesn't do me a damn bit of good to know how far the pin is but the other guys seemed to like it.

those are pretty cool. I remember playin a course in fla when they 1st came out.

I actually got sunburned a bit yesterday myself. 1st time in ages.

I still don't have a good feel for my Calloway irons so yardage does nothing for me. :D

Nothing worse than the infamous, "Damn it, I was going to hit a 6" when you put the shot with a 7 short.

I had that problem this weekend. I'm just flat out horrible. We had a fairly long Par 3 where an average golfer could reach it with an iron. I pull out my 5 wood knowing that I'm not hitting worth a crap. Sure enough that time I actually hit it like I was supposed to and blasted it completely over the green. Had a similar situation where I was in the fairway. An average golfer could have goteen to the green with an 8 or 9. I pull my 7 out of my bag and actually connected again. :lol:

I had that problem this weekend. I'm just flat out horrible. We had a fairly long Par 3 where an average golfer could reach it with an iron. I pull out my 5 wood knowing that I'm not hitting worth a crap. Sure enough that time I actually hit it like I was supposed to and blasted it completely over the green. Had a similar situation where I was in the fairway. An average golfer could have goteen to the green with an 8 or 9. I pull my 7 out of my bag and actually connected again. :lol:

at least you got the stereo in your golfcart.....

Archived