The Golf thread

afosomf

on a par 5, i was 10 yards off the green after my second shot. took 7 strokes to put it in after that. :bag:

i started using my sand wedge more though, it's helped me a lot.

your chipping swing is way too long, it should be a short downward punch

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chipping is easiest part of game to learn

I agree. My father in law took me out for one day and drastically improved my chipping game. If I could just learn to hit my long irons better I could probably break 100.

I agree. My father in law took me out for one day and drastically improved my chipping game. If I could just learn to hit my long irons better I could probably break 100.

get rid of those long iron and get some hybrids.. they make those shots much more easy and will add some distance also

get rid of those long iron and get some hybrids.. they make those shots much more easy and will add some distance also

I thought about doing that. Might look into those when I get my Christmas bonus since I'm probably done playing for the season anywy.

gives me the most problems. i usually overshoot the hole by a good 20 feet.

here is a drill to do at practice green

take 11 balls and chip to hole about 25-30 ft away

pick up the 5 balls closest to the hole and 5 furthest away from hole

the remaining ball is your median, good chippers are about 3 ft from hole

with median.

haha

couple of things

Butch Patrick bartended at my local bar in Hampton Bays, the Boardy Barn

i think i played that course;)

and i should have taken Fred Gwyne in dead pool

Sweet! here's another classic I found! :bwahaharoll::rl:

enxp0SVVDv0

yea look for them in the off season there should be some good sales on them.. if you wanna check some good ones out online the Adams set is great

Which irons should I look into replacing? The 3 and 4? I can actually hit my 5-9 fairly well most of the time.

I freakin' hate my 3 iron. I'll connect with it maybe once or twice out of 10 shots but those couple shots are enough to fool me into pulling it out of my bag time and time again. :lol:

I rarely use the 3. If I'm in the fairway, I'll use a 3 or 5 wood instead. In the rought I have a 22 degree rescue club. I usually use the 3 iron just to get from behind a tree or keep it low to punch it out of the woods.

I rarely use the 3. If I'm in the fairway, I'll use a 3 or 5 wood instead. In the rought I have a 22 degree rescue club. I usually use the 3 iron just to get from behind a tree or keep it low to punch it out of the woods.

I'm just as bad with my 3 and 5 woods unless I'm hitting them off of a tee.

Substitute you 3-4 irons with hybrids.

They take a little getting used to but once you get used to them they are sweet.

some will even substitute their five iron with a hybrid. I can hit a five iron so I left that one in the bag. The three and four irons though used to drive me insane.

$100 at Dick's. can probably get it used for like $80 on golfsmith.com

i would've bought it used (i always buy used clubs) but i used my uncle's, loved it, and needed it the next day for a tourney i was playing in.

Really? That's not bad at all. Of course I'll have to try and round up a wrong handed one. :lol:

ya, it might be last year's model but who gives a sh*t? a lefty? damn! i bet you have a nice "draw" on your tee shots! ;)

Oh yeah, it's a sight to behold alright. :lol: Actually I can avoid the real nasty slice unless I really try to crank it.

• 6 months later...

there are 2 excellent shows on Golf Channel

Project Barkley-- Noted Golf Instructor Hank Haney tries to teach Charles

Barkley how to swing correctly...it is an awesome show

Golf Fix---8PM on Mondays..Mike Breed does quick golf tips...a very good

teacher...for those serious in game...a must watch

Masters next week!!!!!!!!

there are 2 excellent shows on Golf Channel

Project Barkley-- Noted Golf Instructor Hank Haney tries to teach Charles

Barkley how to swing correctly...it is an awesome show

Is this a drunk Chales Barkley we're talking about or a sober one?

Barkley is awesom...speaks what is on his mind

craziest golf swing evah...even more than yours:D

Your not kidding -- yet he gets invites for these tournaments and he is awful -

anyway picked up a maxfli Hybrid 3w a couple of weeks ago -- man it works like a charm - smacked one about 220 yds from the fairway the other day --

now if I had a good short game

Archived