Peterson Aka Mcfadcden

Favorite_Toon

"He's a great running back," said Kevin Colbert, Pittsburgh's director of football operations. "He's big, he's fast, he's productive. He's going to be a great back in the league.

"For anybody coming into the league, they have to be able to adjust to the speed of our game as opposed to the college game. As big and as fast as he is, that shouldn't be a problem for him."

It wasn't an issue for Adrian Peterson, to whom McFadden has been compared. Peterson fell to Minnesota with the No. 7 pick last year because of durability concerns, but went on to win the NFL's offensive rookie of the year award after rushing for 1,341 yards and 12 touchdowns.

The man who selected Peterson understands why some are projecting McFadden to have an immediate impact as a rookie. "I think there's a lot of comparisons between McFadden and Peterson because they have similar size, similar speed, similar running styles," said Vikings VP of player personnel Rick Spielman

Nfl scouts and directers all say the same thing.. above shows how they compare him to adrian peterson.. So when im here comparing the two and people start ragging me..at least im not alone in that thinking.. professional Nfl people think the same..

"He's a great running back," said Kevin Colbert, Pittsburgh's director of football operations. "He's big, he's fast, he's productive. He's going to be a great back in the league.

"For anybody coming into the league, they have to be able to adjust to the speed of our game as opposed to the college game. As big and as fast as he is, that shouldn't be a problem for him."

It wasn't an issue for Adrian Peterson, to whom McFadden has been compared. Peterson fell to Minnesota with the No. 7 pick last year because of durability concerns, but went on to win the NFL's offensive rookie of the year award after rushing for 1,341 yards and 12 touchdowns.

The man who selected Peterson understands why some are projecting McFadden to have an immediate impact as a rookie. "I think there's a lot of comparisons between McFadden and Peterson because they have similar size, similar speed, similar running styles," said Vikings VP of player personnel Rick Spielman

Nfl scouts and directers all say the same thing.. above shows how they compare him to adrian peterson.. So when im here comparing the two and people start ragging me..at least im not alone in that thinking.. professional Nfl people think the same..

They ALL loved Blair Thomas too.

I seriously question peoples eyesight if you compare Peterson to McFadden. Theyre two completely different runners.

ANd obviously, Petersons style is much better suited to be an every down NFL back.

Just as many people are questioning McFadden right now as the people that are hyping him up. He's a gamble that early.

Are you going to post everything you find about McFadden on here?? Nothing anyone has said has any new information; yes we know he has decent size, great speed and good vision, but that doesn't change the fact that he still runs a bit upright, has very little lower body strength (compared to other nfl backs) so that he cannot push the pile. If you can find me some videos where he is pushing the pile or shows that he can bounce off tackles than i'll start thinking different about him.

Your obssesion for McFadden is like 128's for Big brother.

Seriously, calm down over him.

I seriously question peoples eyesight if you compare Peterson to McFadden. Theyre two completely different runners.

ANd obviously, Petersons style is much better suited to be an every down NFL back.

Just as many people are questioning McFadden right now as the people that are hyping him up. He's a gamble that early.

Oh you know more then the vikings personell directer...lol thats fckn hilarious..

McTackled = Fast

Williamson = Fast

combined would be unstoppable. This board needs more mctackled threads showing how fast he is.

LOL the two aren't really comparable

To be fair TW only has one real problem. He cannot catch the ball. If he could I'm sure he'd be a damn good WR.

I doubt these same scouts were around when Blair BUST Thomas was drafted.

McFadden is the real deal and typical Jets history is we pass on him and he becomes the next great RB in the NFL.

The same scouts are probably the ones keeping their mouths shut, because they know!!

Ohhhh.....lol so hes blair thomas?? or hes reggie bush??? cant be anything better?? thanks for the info..I now do not want mcfadden because you stated your case.. you have convinced me... thanks

Actually I wasnt even responding to you. I was responding to a post by someone that said Mcfadden = Bush/Thomas round 2. My point was that if all three Mcfadden, Bush, and Thomas were equal, then Bush would be Blair Thomas round 2 and Mcfadden would be Blair Thomas round 3. Get it?

Anyway, as to your argument, I think you've made it very clear that nobody will ever convince you that Mcfadden is not the best player to ever declare for the draft. Many of us have made our points very clear, some even using college and nfl scouts to back us up, as to why Mcfadden wont be nearly as good in the NFL.

You refuse to believe it, thats your choice. But carrying on this argument is stupid. Obviously you are never going to change your mind on Mcfadden unless he turns out to be a bust.

I personally don't know how good Mcfadden will be, but given the fact that we already have Jones and Washington at RB, and at least 8 positions of much higher need on our team, I would prefer we dont take the risk on him.

That was well put..and I do respect your opinion... but to say somone is going ot be a bust without him even taking his first snap is ridiculous... we dont need to draft gholsten jusyt because we need a d-lineman..

major websites have us taking him but quick to point out he would be a reach cause there not that many availiable this year..

That was well put..and I do respect your opinion... but to say somone is going ot be a bust without him even taking his first snap is ridiculous... we dont need to draft gholsten jusyt because we need a d-lineman..

major websites have us taking him but quick to point out he would be a reach cause there not that many availiable this year..

The point that Im trying to make is that he WOULD be a bust FOR THIS TEAM. Given the team around him (QB is a question mark, OL is non-existent, WR's are average, 2 good RB's already and a defense that is defenseless against both the run and pass), there is really no way he could be worth the 6th pick.

Now, Im not saying that he wouldn't be worth a high pick for another team in a different situation. I am saying that given Mcfaddens believed strengths and weaknesses, and the strengths and weaknesses of the rest of OUR TEAM, a player like Gholsten or Ellis would be the better pick because those are positions of need for us, where as RB is not.

Mcfadden is overrated, i mean come on all his yards in college were because he was lined up as a quarterback. Felix Jones is a better RUNNING BACK. if jets want a running back which i think is retarded it should be rashard mendenhall. Mcfadden no leg strength, lacks burst always runs the same way. and his speed is the most overrated thing in the world. he got caught up to by Ali Highsmith a LINEBACKER. i dont understand why everyone wants him the jets dont need a running back we got two good ones. What i think jets need in the draft are a d-end like Derrick Harvey or Groves, could use an offensive tackle, a WR just because this is one of the best years to get a receiver and a young qb in the 3rd or 4th round to make kellen clemens fight for his job.

Archived