Jets Release CB Dyson and WR McCareins, Waive G Clarke

Smizzy

The New York Jets have released CB Andre Dyson and WR Justin McCareins and waived G Adrien Clarke. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Dyson, who completed his seventh NFL season, signed with the Jets as an unrestricted free agent on March 30, 2006. He had one interception in nine games in 2007 and totaled five interceptions in two seasons with the Jets.

McCareins, who finished his seventh season in the NFL, was acquired by the Jets from the Tennessee Titans on March 5, 2004. In 2007, McCareins had 19 catches for 232 yards. In four years with the Jets, McCareins totaled 141 receptions for 2,062 yards and seven touchdowns.

Adios.

I would have kept Dyson.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adios.

I would have kept Dyson.

I'm wondering if his salary had anything to do with it; i don't know what it was, but if it were a couple million than i'm not too upset. He had a great year in '06, but i think this means we may look for a cb in the draft. I really like tracy porter, however i think he may be gone, in that case i think Antoine cason is a good all around football player.

I'm hoping that the releasal of McCareins is a sign of good things to come.

If you see it that way im ok with it.Many professional athletes wont give you the time of day.A change of scenery hopefully does this guy good.

Please...hopefully who ever gives him another chance he doesn't deserve...he learns how to catch the football.

If you see it that way im ok with it.Many professional athletes wont give you the time of day.A change of scenery hopefully does this guy good.

I've heard that too. Someone on a different board lives near him and says he's a very humble guy and extremely nice. That having been said, I don't want him anywhere near this team ever again..ever.

Asta la vista baby!!!!!!!!! Dyson pffft Clarke pffft Watch McCareins go elsewhere and become decent again.I met him and his family years ago.He was a class act took pictures and signed autographs.

I wish him luck this guy never complained about anything.

I bet he dropped the pen :)

Nope Andre "missed tackles" Dyson.

I know what you're talking about but even so that doesn't take away from the fact that he was very good in 06. He just had 2 very costly missed tackles (one Eric Smith could have made too) that have landed him in the doghouse. I thought he was pretty good in coverage and ten times better than either Barrett or Miller.

Dyson was only set to make $1.2M this season. The next two years would go up over $2M. This was the short year on his deal. I liked him and had more faith he could turn it around than any of our other #2 CBs, but they obviously had lost all faith in him and we won't miss him if his production was going to equal '07. I don't read anything meaningful into this because they didn't use him that much, have Miller coming back and we all expected them to be looking for another corner in any event.

Dyson was only set to make $1.2M this season. The next two years would go up over $2M. This was the short year on his deal. I liked him and had more faith he could turn it around than any of our other #2 CBs, but they obviously had lost all faith in him and we won't miss him if his production was going to equal '07. I don't read anything meaningful into this because they didn't use him that much, have Miller coming back and we all expected them to be looking for another corner in any event.

Yeah. With the cap acceleration of the remainder of his (relatively low) signing bonus, it's a wash cap-wise.

This isn't a salary dump. This is just a player dump. Mangini must simply not want him on the team.

Now cutting McCareins? We get the added benefit of both his departure from the roster and added cap space.

cutting Dyson must mean they have their sights set on someone. I was thinking they were not going to go for Asante but now who knows.

You got that right! They guy they have their sites on is going to be the Jets MVP next year, and you all know him as Justin Miller.

You heard it here first!

You got that right! They guy they have their sites on is going to be the Jets MVP next year, and you all know him as Justin Miller.

You heard it here first!

I would be OK with Miller starting there but they should probably stop using him on returns and just let him focus on Defense. He might make it through a season then.

Archived