Your draft pick and why

ok jets trade down get so far looks lik cowboys want mcfadden bad so we get there 22 pick and maybe 2nd rounder? jets get a corner in 1st round maybe brandon flowers, aqib talib, antione cason then second rounder depends on whos there if a WR like james hardy, early doucet drops thats wha ti would want or a lb/de like avril,groves then with the later 2nd rounder(i hope we could get that) i say lineman,running back or a safety. if matt forte, chris jonhson, ray rice are there then i would want one of them, and for safety jamar adams or tom zbikowski

EDIT: Joe flacco would be awesome i would love if jets took him in 2nd rounder preferably if we get a another 2nd rounder and he is still on board they have to take him.

First off.. It would take more then there 22nd and there second round to get our sixth pick.. look at the draft board..

And nobody on this board really needs me to answer who I want with the 6th.. LOL.. anyways..I will say this..if we do take mcfadden..I want to see what the haters say after that.. I will def be looking for everyone that said he would be a bust and didnt want him...to see if they all of a sudden change there tune and sing a different song...and then I wil let ya know about it too..

I would like to see us get Limas Sweed or Rodgers-Cromartie. I just think 6 is a little too high for them.

That's who I like also. A trade-down with Dallas & then maybe moving up a little from one or both of those picks - unrealistic as it may be - is probably the only way to get them both without reaching on either.

The only way I see us trading down is if, and that's a big if, McFadden is available at #6, otherwise I doubt any teams will feel a pressing need to move up in the draft. Still, trading down is probably the best move we can make, but it doesn't look like it will happen. So we're stuck with the 6th pick. I say we go with Gholston if he's there, even if McFadden is too. DMC lower body size (or lack thereof) should be a real concern. The guy's a running back and leg power is one of the top requirements for that position. Having Gholston and Pace would be a huge upgrade to our defensive front seven, imagine all the crazy schemes Mangini could come up with with two tweener end/lb types. We could shift seemlessly from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to maybe even a 5-2 (if it looks like a run) without changing personnel. That kind of versatility is priceless.

Trade 6th overall pick to Dallas in exchange for the 22nd and 28th overall picks.

22nd - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State

28th - WR James Hardy, Indiana OR Mario Manningham, Michigan

:word::yeahthat: yeah what he said ,I agree 100% this is what we need to pull off to have a really great offseason.Our team will be able to contend with the best in the NFL.

the best move would be to trade down for some more picks or perhaps even to fill one of our needs at WR or in the seconday...but if they do pick i am hoping its a gamebreaker on offense Darren McFadden!

Any other potential trade partners out there other than Dallas

List your draft pick and why for us this year, or trade down and why

they may be in a position where they have to trade down for a late first round and other picks because it is going to be tough to pay a top 20 guy with all the contract money they have given out this offseason and I don't think they are totally done yet. It may make more sense to get more picks where you can get some good players and not have to overcompensate them their first few years. If they have the cap space and can make it work, I'd love Gholston. If they are going to trade back to later in the round, WR Limas Sweed would be nice or maybe even James Hardy (more likely early 2nd round on him though). Maybe Cromartie or Mike Jenkins at CB.

As for all this McFadden talk, I'd rather go with Jonathan Stewart or Mendenhall later in the round or in the second if they are looking HB. It's just not a top priority at this point. They have Thomas Jones with an actual OL in front of him now and, what's that guys name that has "take it to the house" written all over him? ... oh yeah that would be Leon Washington.

Any other potential trade partners out there other than Dallas

I think that Baltimore might be a trade partner if Ryan is on the board. I can see them wanting to jump NE, who everybody seems to think will trade out of #7. But BAL picks #8 so it would be for a third round pick or something slight like that.

Would you trade a chance to draft Gholston for, say, Harvey and a good third round pick?

I think that Baltimore might be a trade partner if Ryan is on the board. I can see them wanting to jump NE, who everybody seems to think will trade out of #7. But BAL picks #8 so it would be for a third round pick or something slight like that.

Would you trade a chance to draft Gholston for, say, Harvey and a good third round pick?

With all of the rumors that are going around, we have no idea who will be there at 6 at this point. You hear Miami wants Long then you hear Ryan, If Miami takes Ryan do the Rams go for Long or Gholston each of whom had impressive workouts, do the Raiders take Mc Fandden and so on. Who knows who will be there at 6? Draft day will be interesting. I have always beleived in trading down to pick up the extra draft picks so I wouldnt mind the move depending upon who it is that falls to us.

I changed my mind, I think we need to stay at 6 and grab John David Booty. Mel Kiper was just talking about QB's on ESPN and said he sees "a little Chad Pennington in Booty". No brainer here.

He should consider suing Kiper for defamation of character, because he just moved down some draft boards.

POTWN

Vernon Gholston (if available) just because we desperately need a pass rush.

Other options include trading down or maybe a CB in McKelvin or Cromartie.

If we took McFadden or even Mendenhall I wouldn't be annoyed though, it'd be pretty darn exciting to get a potential offensive superstar.

I would take Vernon Gholston at #6 because he is the best player AND he is a need.Look at our linevbacking core with him,it is SICK!!!!

Bryan Thomas: 6'4" 266lbs

David Harris: 6'2" 247lbs

Calvin Pace: 6'4" 272lbs

Vernon Gholston: 6'4" 266lbs

That's some pretty good size to go along with great athletic ability too.

I would take Vernon Gholston at #6 because he is the best player AND he is a need.Look at our linevbacking core with him,it is SICK!!!!

Bryan Thomas: 6'4" 266lbs

David Harris: 6'2" 247lbs

Calvin Pace: 6'4" 272lbs

Vernon Gholston: 6'4" 266lbs

That's some pretty good size to go along with great athletic ability too.

thats true i would do it but say we trade down and we get Derrick Harvey 6'4 260 and faster then Gholston then we can Harvey and another player like a WR or CB

I think if Gholston's there, he has to be the pick. The jints demonstrated that you beat the pats by beating up on Brady. The Jets need more than one pass rusher to make that happen.

Gholston is probably #1 on the Pats' wish list, too. Can't let them have him, either.

Gholston's a good choice, but right now i say go with DT Sedric Ellis. He's a good fit, got a great motor, he'll wreak havoc in the backfield, and he'll also make Jenkin's better and the LB's better.

Jetheelz just looked at your sig and rolled over in his grave twice, and he isnt even dead yet

Gholston's a good choice, but right now i say go with DT Sedric Ellis. He's a good fit, got a great motor, he'll wreak havoc in the backfield, and he'll also make Jenkin's better and the LB's better.

Can Ellis play DE in the 3-4?

Can Ellis play DE in the 3-4?

Analysis

Positives: Has a shorter than ideal frame and lacks great bulk for a two-gap system, but is very effective playing the three-technique...Has good bone structure and while he might be at maximum growth potential he has thick thighs and calves and long arms with good muscle tone...Runs with a normal stride and shows the ability to quickly accelerate off the snap...Demonstrates the foot quickness, balance and agility to make plays on the move, showing above average change of direction agility and valid speed to pursue long distances...Possesses very good body control on the move and has the speed to make plays on the far side of the field...Adequate student in the class room, but does a good job taking plays from the chalkboard to the playing field...Has valid instincts to locate the ball and plays with good alertness (very aware of blocking schemes)...His suddenness and aggressiveness off the snap will generally surprise a lethargic blocker...Likes to train and does everything the coaches ask...Will play through pain and does so with good intensity...Locates the ball and reacts to pressure quickly, doing a nice job of adjusting to the action on the move...Has the sudden burst to gain advantage off the snap and with his keen feel for the snap cadence, he is not the type than can be fooled and drawn off side...Is a disruptive sort who can explode into an offensive lineman when he keeps his pad level down...Has the strength to create a new line of scrimmage vs. the running game, and when he generates good hand placement he can hold ground at the point of attack and win one-on-one battles (will struggle when his base narrows or his hands are outside the framework)...Shows the foot quickness and the lateral quickness to redirect and accelerate to the ball...Has the ability to disengage from blocks with his strength and quickness...Uses his hands, along with quickness and leverage, to redirect and is very good in attempts to stack (when he sinks his weight he can split the double-teams)...Has the valid upper body strength to separate, disengage and shed...Will usually play low with leverage...Reacts to pressure with good body control and is quick to recover when he out-runs the play...Has a variety of counter moves and uses his hands with good effectiveness to shed...Has the ability to grab and rip, whether as a pass rusher or vs. run blockers...Shows good agility in pursuit, accelerating quickly to the ball...More of a hit-and-wrap tackler, as he has the strength to take down the ballcarrier and will generally stay in control while on the move, especially when shooting the gaps...Shows good explosion and strike ability behind his wrap tackles...Burst to close, but is more relentless than sudden in long pursuit...Does a very nice job of getting under the ballcarrier, as he is quick to uncoil...Shows good strength in his bull rush, using his hands well...Alert to the location of the ball when rushing the quarterback and has the strong, quick hands to control and shed blockers with authority...Shows intensity and desire to get the ball in space, closing on the passer with good acceleration...Can defeat pass schemes on the way to the quarterback, demonstrating that solid extra burst to close on the QB with good surge, desire and second effort.

Negatives: Lacks the ideal size you look for in a two-gap defender and might be a better fit to play under-tackle at the next level, which will limit the teams that will put a high priority on his services (teams like Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and the New York Jets play the system best suited for Ellis)...Has good upper body power, but he fails to anchor strongly vs. plays directed right at him...Needs to maintain a lower pad level (showed marked improvement here in 2007), as when he gets too tall in his stance he narrows his base, which allows the physical blockers to push him off the snap...Better tackler on the move than in tight areas, but he does show good angle concept when closing on the ball...Has had some leg injuries (left ankle fracture in 2003, right knee torn cartilage in 2006) that robbed him of some of the explosiveness he showed as a prep player...Has a compact frame, but he can't add any more bulk without having it impact his overall quickness...Field smart player, but his adequate academics might indicate he would need time to digest a complicated playbook.

Compares To: LA'ROI GLOVER-St. Louis...Ellis is a little bit bigger and heavier than Glover, but not by much. Ellis probably could not carry the bulk to play a classic two-gap, but as an under-tackle he could be a clone of what Glover has done. Both rely on their quickness and ability to neutralize double teams. Both take good angles in pursuit and are move oriented types who get better penetration on the slant rather than with a blocker right over their heads. Ellis is quick to locate the ball in a crowd and uses his hands and quickness to leverage and redirect. Shooting the gaps is a specialty for him, but he is also equally effective as a wrap-up tackler. With his lateral agility and quickness, he will make a nice living creating a new line of scrimmage vs. the running game at the next level.

Injury Report

2003: Suffered a left ankle fracture in fall camp, but played briefly vs. Brigham Young (9/06) before accepting a medical redshirt.

2006: Suffered torn cartilage in his right knee in practice after the Arkansas game (9/10) and underwent arthroscopic surgery on Sept. 12 that forced him to sit out the Nebraska (9/16), Arizona (9/23) and Washington State (9/30) games.

2007: Had fluid drained from his right knee after the California clash (11/10) and had to sit out several practices leading up to the Arizona State contest (11/22).

thats true i would do it but say we trade down and we get Derrick Harvey 6'4 260 and faster then Gholston then we can Harvey and another player like a WR or CB

I think the combination of all of Gholstons physical attributes far outweighs any speed advantage that other players may possess.Also,Harvey is SLOWER than Gholston,and much weaker.Here are there Combine Numbers:

Player College Height Weight 40 Yard Reps Vertical Shuttle 60 YardCone

Broad Jump

Vernon Gholston Ohio State 6'3 266 4.67 37 35.5 4.40

7.1210'5"

Derrick Harvey Florida 6'4 5/8 271 4.80 31 38.5 4.36

I think the combination of all of Gholstons physical attributes far outweighs any speed advantage that other players may possess.Also,Harvey is SLOWER than Gholston,and much weaker.Here are there Combine Numbers:

Player College Height Weight 40 Yard Reps Vertical Shuttle 60 YardCone

Broad Jump

Vernon Gholston Ohio State 6'3 266 4.67 37 35.5 4.40

7.1210'5"

Derrick Harvey Florida 6'4 5/8 271 4.80 31 38.5 4.36

i watched both play "football" and i saw harvey being faster. combine doesnt mean alot imo

im not downing gholston he is a great player and is better then harvey just i rather go with alittle less talent and then get a cornerback or wide reveiver with the other pick we get for trading down. having harvey and Hardy or cromartie,jenkins,etc is better then just gholston

i watched both play "football" and i saw harvey being faster. combine doesnt mean alot imo

im not downing gholston he is a great player and is better then harvey just i rather go with alittle less talent and then get a cornerback or wide reveiver with the other pick we get for trading down. having harvey and Hardy or cromartie,jenkins,etc is better then just gholston

Where do you think Harvey will go? If its, say, #8 then the Jets would only net something like a third round pick to swap down.

talking about linebacker why not go for Dan Connor(if we trade down) he can play MLB and OLB

Connor was projected like top 10 but starting dropping for i dont know what reason now hes like projected 1st-2nd rounder

never in a million years. can you say under sized?

talking about linebacker why not go for Dan Connor(if we trade down) he can play MLB and OLB

Connor was projected like top 10 but starting dropping for i dont know what reason now hes like projected 1st-2nd rounder

Oh no not us, do u remember Anthony S from Ohio st great 3rd round pick he wasn't undersized he justed sucked!

Oh no not us, do u remember Anthony S from Ohio st great 3rd round pick he wasn't undersized he justed sucked!

well ohio state sucks so thats why. Anothony Shelgel(spelling) always sucked to me he just got tackels bc everyone ran away from aj hawk

i think Dan Connor will be a great player in the nfl

Archived