Here come the Mets!!!

Latinlawyer

Won three in a wow...

5 games back in the Wild card

5.5 games back in the division

I smell a huge comeback...why not now..the starting pitching has been awesome!!!

LL

P.S. Yank fans, please...respect the positve vibes of this post and post on your own yank related threads...

Omar has to get on his horse and get this team some offense quick, man. Why doesn't he try and get Castillo out of Florida or someone like that? An OBP guy. And a nice bat at first would be great too. If Omar is going to do it it has to be now.

Fill me in on this Tom...who is available for the 1B position currently?

Mike Sweeney is the big name from KC. Last year of his deal and he's struggling with injuries. He'll go somewhere. Another dude is Todd Helton. Huge contract, but Colorado might pay to get out from under it.

Mets are starting to get their act together although you're going to need the Nationals to slip some more because I don't know if the Braves will.

There have been Mets I've actually liked in the past years and kinda rooted for. Guys like Melvin Mora and Dotel. I like watching young guys mature with a team, I was disappointed when they left NY. That said I'm not a Reyes fan at all.

Tino and Womack for Mike Cameron

Our new GM is not in the habit of taking on players who barely have any use this season let alone the next one.

If we were a lock for post season play that deal might make sense if the Yanks absorbed 99% of all the $$$ involved.

You will have to settle your CF problem with Winn or yikes , Tike Redman.

Minaya is not going to fuk around...he will make sure that any guy he gets in a deal is solid. Look at the acquisitions he made in Montreal/Washington...he made some impressive trades!

The mets are on a roll...let's hope streak killer Ishii can keep it up to seep the Padres...

LL

Where did this offensive explosion come from? Hope they save some hits for me on sunday. LGM!

Reyes gets on base as the lead off hitter and it sets the table for this team-they still need power hitter in the middle of the order though. Miss Pedro by one day T-Mac

Mike Sweeney is the big name from KC. Last year of his deal and he's struggling with injuries. He'll go somewhere. Another dude is Todd Helton. Huge contract, but Colorado might pay to get out from under it.

No thanks to either of these guys. Sweeney is hurt a lot, and Helton has a questionable back. In addition, if you look at Helton's home/road splits, you'll see the effect that Coors field has on his numbers.

I'd take Adam Dunn, even if I don't like the way he strikes out. He could probably be pried out of Cincy for very little.

Here's the reality: none of us thought they would be in the race. Personally, I was just hoping for 80-85 wins and respectability. So let's not go ape$h*t and trade away the future for this season. If we could get a bat that's usable for 3-4 seasons, OK. But no quick fixes, please. Why: 1)they never work for us and 2) I'd puke for a month if we turned into the f'n Yankees.

Jim P.

The Mets still need another bat in the middle of the lineup- a contact hitter that does not strike out that much is preferable to me and bullpen help. I have confidence in Minaya- he did a great job in Montreal on limited resoures and has made the moves to put the Mets in the position they are in now

NEW YORK -- The Mets watched the play of the Dodgers with focused interest over the weekend, curious to see the performance of one particular player, Jeff Kent. As the trading deadline moves closer, the Dodgers' second baseman becomes more prominent on the Mets' list. And according to one source familiar with the substance of discussions between the clubs, the Mets have inquired about Kent's availability.

The source, who said Kent would likely be asked to play some first base, also indicated the chance for a deal seemed remote as of Sunday afternoon, but that he understood the Mets planned to inquire again.

mets website

Archived