LA BASKETBALL

kobe24jets

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When people are kids a lot of them tend to lean the way towards the winner or they may grow up in states without a team in a particular sport.

I would tend to agree with this statement. Though I grew up in Michigan, the only home state team I back is the Pistons (first professional game I attended in '83).

I essentially backed teams because of players I liked, because of that, I'm all over the map:

Jets - Mark Gastineau

Reds - Eric Davis

I never got into the NHL that much and followed NCAA hockey (NMU Wildcats/Marquette, MI)) WCHA then CCHA. Until 2006 when I started following the Blackhawks, which I'm in Illinois currently.

It was a lot tougher following teams before internet and cable/satellite, but on the other hand I still remember the excitement I would have when the Jets landed on national TV, or when the Reds would have a series against the Cubs on the old WGN network.

Maybe in your age bracket. I think a lot of people under the age of 25 follow a player more than a team.

And you would be incorrect. People 25 and young still are die hard fans of the team, not just the player or players they like on a team. Everybody, 25 and younger or older has favorite players and favorite teams.

Definitely. Down 20 in the mid 3rd and they come back to win, the Spurs must feel like ****. Lol

If tonite's any indication it will be a tough , hard fought series. They were champions last year for a reason, they're good. GO LAKERS

Archived