It will cost the Jets their 2nd rounder to move up......

JonEJet

in this draft to ensure we get McFadden or Long or Gholston

The reality is that it wil cost probably more than that to move to Atlanta's spot at #3

Is it worth it for this team to trade our 2nd to get the player we want???

IMO since our offseason garnered us so many players, it might be well worth it to grab the guy we want...leaving us with 2 4ths a 6th and a 7th

I would think we could package the 4ths to move up to the 3rd if someone else falls

I wouldn't it move up.

I just don't think the draft this year is a draft where in order to get that great player you have to move up.

If anything I would be looking to move down and pick up more picks if the player the Jets want is off the board.

I'm sure that if the Jets were to dangle that pick out their someone, be it the Saints, Ravens, Panthers whoever would be willing to move up.

I just don't like the idea of the Jets looking to draft Ryan or McFadden. This a deep draft for running backs and if the Jets are really looking to draft a RB then trade down a few spots and go after the Mendenhalls or the Stewarts.

As far as Ryan is concerned. Look I have probably been one Clemens' harshest critics but for the love of God you have to give him more than 8 games to decide if he is your QB. I mean even Browning Nagle got 16 games before Coslet pulled the plug and even then he was probably wrong in doing that.

I would pass on Ryan and give Clemens a full season to see what he can do. There were moments he was good and alot of moments where he was bad but you know the Jets had a QB named O'Brien that when he took over in 84 was pretty awful as well. The next year he emerged as one of the bright young QB's in the league.

This is a deep draft. If I were the Jets I would trade down and try to accumulate as many picks as possible.

JMHO

I wouldn't it move up.

I just don't think the draft this year is a draft where in order to get that great player you have to move up.

If anything I would be looking to move down and pick up more picks if the player the Jets want is off the board.

I'm sure that if the Jets were to dangle that pick out their someone, be it the Saints, Ravens, Panthers whoever would be willing to move up.

I just don't like the idea of the Jets looking to draft Ryan or McFadden. This a deep draft for running backs and if the Jets are really looking to draft a RB then trade down a few spots and go after the Mendenhalls or the Stewarts.

As far as Ryan is concerned. Look I have probably been one Clemens' harshest critics but for the love of God you have to give him more than 8 games to decide if he is your QB. I mean even Browning Nagle got 16 games before Coslet pulled the plug and even then he was probably wrong in doing that.

I would pass on Ryan and give Clemens a full season to see what he can do. There were moments he was good and alot of moments where he was bad but you know the Jets had a QB named O'Brien that when he took over in 84 was pretty awful as well. The next year he emerged as one of the bright young QB's in the league.

This is a deep draft. If I were the Jets I would trade down and try to accumulate as many picks as possible.

JMHO

I agree. Lets get younger and deeper across the board.

I'd rather trade next year's #1 than this year's #2, but I'd rather not trade at all. Someone good is going to be there at #6. If they have a CB in the top 6 of their draft board, they'll definitely get a player they want there.

in this draft to ensure we get McFadden or Long or Gholston

The reality is that it wil cost probably more than that to move to Atlanta's spot at #3

Is it worth it for this team to trade our 2nd to get the player we want???

IMO since our offseason garnered us so many players, it might be well worth it to grab the guy we want...leaving us with 2 4ths a 6th and a 7th

I would think we could package the 4ths to move up to the 3rd if someone else falls

that strategy certainly paid off last year, trading up to get revis and harris. i say trade up if you have to to get the people you covet the most, and i have a feeling that is what this regime is gonna do

Sit where you are and see who drops. You're just as likely to pick a bust at 6 as you are 2 or 3, but 100% of the time you can be sure you are going to pay a lot more. All the moves in FA have given us flexibility in this draft, and we need bodies not a running back that will cost us 3 picks.

Archived