Who does this A**hole think he is...

rick34125

This azzhole actually graded the Jets draft with a failure. It's friggin laughable. No doubt this guy is another mcfadden loser who can't get over himself.

Tom Marino

ScoutNFLExperts.com

May 1, 2008

http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=751682&refid=400&CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Only five NFL teams earned an "A" in last weekend's NFL Draft according to former pro scout Tom Marino. Was your favorite team one of them? Or was it one of the handful who earned a failing grade? Check out Marino's grades for all 32 teams in this Scout.com feature.

New York Jets: F

Round 1, Pick 6: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State

Round 1, Pick 30: Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue

Round 4, Pick 113: Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State

Round 5, Pick 162: Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Round 6, Pick 171: Marcus Henry, WR, Kansas

Round 6, Pick 211: Nate Garner, OT, Arkansas

Well, I'm not going to sugarcoat this one. Vernon Gholston is a coach killer who lacks tenacity and the playing character necessary to become a productive player in the NFL.

Always remember that leopards don't change their spots. I really liked Dustin Keller's receiving skills and athletic ability, but management's claim that he is going to develop into a complete tight end is completely without merit.

I like Dwight Lowery's feet, hands, and physical stature. But like sixth-round selection Marcus Henry, he just doesn't have the speed to become a frontline corner in the NFL.

Ainge is an experienced hand with intelligence and size, but I question his throwing accuracy and arm strength (too many throws into the sidelines appeared to lose interest).

Garner is a massive wide-body guy who came on during his first season as a starter.

When i see crap like this my head just wants to explode. Good thing I don't take this sh!t seriously.

HY-03vYYAjA

The 'experts' are always right.

I think we had a great draft to be honest but right now, opinions are worthless.

Mel Kiper said that David Carr and Joey Harrington were going to be studs in the NFL, but he has good hair. Being a draftnik is like being a weatherman, don't get me wrong, I'm jealous of Mel Kiper, I think he IS a genius.....at landing jobs.

As far as "grading" picks, anyone on this board can do what he does.

But , if you want to give the Jets a grade, give it for the whole offseason and that's an A.

Mangini wanted a 3-4, like the old great Giants Defenses, which became the present day patriots, which we now have("Jake, Vernon, Vernon, Jake.Jake, Kris,.....") It took a horribly painful year to watch, but he did it. Now we can watch the pocket for Brady get smaller instead of opening up like an umbrella.

Offseason moves, FA and Draft= A

This azzhole actually graded the Jets draft with a failure. It's friggin laughable. No doubt this guy is another mcfadden loser who can't get over himself.

Tom Marino

ScoutNFLExperts.com

May 1, 2008

http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=751682&refid=400&CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Only five NFL teams earned an "A" in last weekend's NFL Draft according to former pro scout Tom Marino. Was your favorite team one of them? Or was it one of the handful who earned a failing grade? Check out Marino's grades for all 32 teams in this Scout.com feature.

New York Jets: F

Round 1, Pick 6: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State

Round 1, Pick 30: Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue

Round 4, Pick 113: Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State

Round 5, Pick 162: Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Round 6, Pick 171: Marcus Henry, WR, Kansas

Round 6, Pick 211: Nate Garner, OT, Arkansas

Well, I'm not going to sugarcoat this one. Vernon Gholston is a coach killer who lacks tenacity and the playing character necessary to become a productive player in the NFL.

Always remember that leopards don't change their spots. I really liked Dustin Keller's receiving skills and athletic ability, but management's claim that he is going to develop into a complete tight end is completely without merit.

I like Dwight Lowery's feet, hands, and physical stature. But like sixth-round selection Marcus Henry, he just doesn't have the speed to become a frontline corner in the NFL.

Ainge is an experienced hand with intelligence and size, but I question his throwing accuracy and arm strength (too many throws into the sidelines appeared to lose interest).

Garner is a massive wide-body guy who came on during his first season as a starter.

When i see crap like this my head just wants to explode. Good thing I don't take this sh!t seriously.

HY-03vYYAjA

I agree we shouldn't be graded an F on our draft, but we are overhyping our draft way too much. I give it a C+ or B- at the best.

Mel Kiper said that David Carr and Joey Harrington were going to be studs in the NFL, but he has good hair. Being a draftnik is like being a weatherman, don't get me wrong, I'm jealous of Mel Kiper, I think he IS a genius.....at landing jobs.

As far as "grading" picks, anyone on this board can do what he does.

But , if you want to give the Jets a grade, give it for the whole offseason and that's an A.

Mangini wanted a 3-4, like the old great Giants Defenses, which became the present day patriots, which we now have("Jake, Vernon, Vernon, Jake.Jake, Kris,.....") It took a horribly painful year to watch, but he did it. Now we can watch the pocket for Brady get smaller instead of opening up like an umbrella.

Offseason moves, FA and Draft= A

david carr had no line

I'm a little skeptical of this draft. Coming in we needed help primarily at LB, CB and WR. We got Gholston, good pick. But that's when things went haywire. We could have picked Flowers or any WR with our second pick.

Eh, I'm not gonna whine though, because you have no idea what will happen until they take the field. Plus, lately this team has been finding the diamonds in the rough in later rounds. Washington, Rhodes and Cotchery were all 4th round picks, right?

Next year we will probably need a playmaker, a CB, an ILB and perhaps a RB, some depth at the O-line and some D-linemen. But either way we are set up for a better draft next year.

who cares, won't he feel stupid when the jets are a bubble playoff if not playoff team

cept he won't cuz none of these guys are accountable for their opinions

no, he wont feel stupid. He'll either forget he said it or change his story all together and say that he knew all along.

Tom Marino

ScoutNFLExperts.com

Coach killer? WTF? Tressel is still breathing last I heard. The two years Gholston started they were in the BCS final. Tressel has been raving about the kid and his work ethic. I know that is generally BS, but coaches don't usually go out of their way to praise "coach killers" after they're gone. People thought the Jets would go after Nicks because of Callaghan, but Nicks was banned from Nebraska's pro day. That is the treatment you give coach killers.

It's easy to give the Jets a failing grade. Keller and Gholston are both boom or bust players. If either booms the draft is a huge success if both bust it's a bomb, but calling Gholston a coach killer is a ****ing joke.

Eveyrone hates our draft!

Everyone cant be wrong, can they?

you mean wrong like how most teams past on David Harris not just one time, but two times? I remember hearing, "there is a reason guys like harris go in the second round, they don't have the 'stuff' of their first round counterparts.

Everyone past on the best or the second best middle linebacker in last years draft and i'd be willing to bet plenty of them would trade their former first round player for Harris in a heart beat.

There is no telling what we have in Gholston, personally i like the school he comes from, OSU produces far more starters and all pros than it does busts.

Archived