Darnell Bing

InstantClassic

I didn't know he was a Jet.

This kid was real good at SC. I hope he makes the team.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/player/1330-darnell-bing

I think someone here wrote that the reason he was cut (Minnesota?) is because - despite his physical talents - he's really, really stupid. As in too stupid to pick up the defense. I have no knowledge of it myself, nor how complex Carroll's playbook was. But he wasn't traded to us; he was outright released.

I think someone here wrote that the reason he was cut (Minnesota?) is because - despite his physical talents - he's really, really stupid. As in too stupid to pick up the defense. I have no knowledge of it myself, nor how complex Carroll's playbook was. But he wasn't traded to us; he was outright released.

He was drafted by the Raiders, they tried and failed to convert him to a linebacker and then cut him. I don't know why he got released by SF but their secondary isn't anything special so he very well could be an idiot.

Don't know if he's an idiot, but I think the Raiders tried him at OLB and didn't like the results. He had a serious neck injury and missed the season. They moved him back to S and cut him. SF picked him up and cut him too. He may be a little slow for safety and small for LB. He may still have problems from the injury. Or he may just be a moron.

Ned: Phil? Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!

Phil: Hi, thanks for watching.

[Starts to walk away]

Ned: Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you.

Phil: Not a chance.

Ned: Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?

Phil: Ned Ryerson?

Ned: BING!

Phil: Bing.

ps- Darnell Bing is slow

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl:

LMAO

Wait, what? We have Darnell Bing? Super Bowl baby.

The same Darnell Bing who was drafted by Oakland in the 4th round only to be released a year later? Yeah, he's really going to stick around. :eek:

Wait, what? We have Darnell Bing? Super Bowl baby.

The same Darnell Bing who was drafted by Oakland in the 4th round only to be released a year later? Yeah, he's really going to stick around. :eek:

And who was supposedly an absolute STEAL in the 4th round (many/most drafts had him projected to go in round 2 if I recall, though Bit can answer that better).

As far as the stupidity thing, I very well may be reciting what was written about another player (and not even a current/former Jets player at that).

And who was supposedly an absolute STEAL in the 4th round (many/most drafts had him projected to go in round 2 if I recall, though Bit can answer that better).

As far as the stupidity thing, I very well may be reciting what was written about another player (and not even a current/former Jets player at that).

I don't know if he was a steal, but I'm pretty sure most had him rated higher than Eric Smith when we reached in the third. I've heard he was a little slow too, but his 40 was in the 4.55-4.58 range and a decent amount better than Smith. Don't know his shuttle times though, so it's possible he's fast enough, but not that quick. He's a big dude and seems to fit the run support type safety they are apparently looking for, like Elam. I think he did have some academic troubles at Southern Cal, but I'm not sure. One thing to remember about these tweener, safety/LB types they are usually excellent on special teams.

I don't know if he was a steal, but I'm pretty sure most had him rated higher than Eric Smith when we reached in the third. I've heard he was a little slow too, but his 40 was in the 4.55-4.58 range and a decent amount better than Smith. Don't know his shuttle times though, so it's possible he's fast enough, but not that quick. He's a big dude and seems to fit the run support type safety they are apparently looking for, like Elam. I think he did have some academic troubles at Southern Cal, but I'm not sure. One thing to remember about these tweener, safety/LB types they are usually excellent on special teams.

Found this:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15646

4.07 in the shuttle. This site had him projected in rounds 1-2. So did lots of sites. Draftdaddy projected him to go in round 2 (to KC). Same with nfldraftcountdown (to Carolina). I don't remember anyone thinking he'd still be there as late as round 3.

Found this:

4.07 in the shuttle. This site had him projected in rounds 1-2. So did lots of sites. Draftdaddy projected him to go in round 2 (to KC). Same with nfldraftcountdown (to Carolina). I don't remember anyone thinking he'd still be there as late as round 3.

Not a bad projection by Bit and his boys. The Chiefs took Pollard from Purdue in the 2nd. Another big sun support safety, but probably even slower than Bing.

Found this:

All the more reason to think he might not be the brightest kid, his measurable had him slotted as 1-2nd round talent. Only the NFL teams though really know though how he preformed in interviews/chalkboard sessions and his Wonderlic. Him being drafted by Al Davis in Oakland also doesn't do much to discount the idea he might not be the smartest guy, Davis is more willing then any other team/GM to discount something like that if the physical measurable are all there.

It is my understanding that his neck injury was the reason he's been released by both Bayside teams.

Would Mangini really bring in a complete retard, when we already have a log-jam of medicrosy at the FS position?

Just doesn't add up. Now, he would take a book smart player out of retirement and give him a second chance.

From what I remember, he was considered a late first and mostly a 2nd rounder all year. I know he fell when he ran in the 4.5s and donte whitner and michael huff climbed up the boards. The raiders obviously selected huff and bing, which lead to the idea that bing could play OLB do to his size and big hitting. The raiders foolishly played him out of position and he kept getting injured; kind of like willie beamen from any given sunday. After the injuries and the realization he couldn't play safety, along with not letting huff play enough FS, He than landed with the 49ers. I remember nolan saying he liked him a lot, but needed to see more of him and i think he was cut for roster space.

I never once read that he was stupid, but he very well could be. I like the competition heading up between Elam, Smith and now Bing. I think bing could develop into a backup or possibly come in during certain packages for running downs. However, I still beleive it's Elam's job to lose.

From what I remember, he was considered a late first and mostly a 2nd rounder all year. I know he fell when he ran in the 4.5s and donte whitner and michael huff climbed up the boards. The raiders obviously selected huff and bing, which lead to the idea that bing could play OLB do to his size and big hitting. The raiders foolishly played him out of position and he kept getting injured; kind of like willie beamen from any given sunday. After the injuries and the realization he couldn't play safety, along with not letting huff play enough FS, He than landed with the 49ers. I remember nolan saying he liked him a lot, but needed to see more of him and i think he was cut for roster space.

I never once read that he was stupid, but he very well could be. I like the competition heading up between Elam, Smith and now Bing. I think bing could develop into a backup or possibly come in during certain packages for running downs. However, I still beleive it's Elam's job to lose.

Don't know his wonderlic, but he had trouble getting in USC. I think he spent a season academically ineligible. Bing's main problem was blowing a 4.58 and 4.63 at the combine when people were expecting low 4.5s or better. The injury thing is probably what did him in, but he had the same problems at USC. I don't think it came from playing LB.

Archived