Seattle - Yanks rumor.

GimmeShelter

Not sure I agree the Yanks are already convinced Pavano was a bad signing. Piniero has great stuff but after early success has struggled to become the upper echelon starter he was projected to be.

In talks with the Yankees about a trade that might involve Randy Winn for pitcher Carl Pavano, the Mariners are believed to have discussed including a starting pitcher in the deal. New York is seeking mound help, as well as a replacement for center fielder Bernie Williams.

The Yankees seemingly expressed no interest in left-hander Jamie Moyer, so Seattle might be willing to deal right-hander Joel Pineiro, who might thrive with the increased run support the Yankees could give him.

As for trading Moyer, Lou Piniella used to say that some clubs

Piniero, Zack Greinke, Zach Day and Oliver Perez are all the same-great arms but they never put it all together. SOmeone will take a chance on Pineiro in hopes they can straighten him out. But it doesn't happen soemtimes no matter how much talent there is.

Look at it this way-how long did it take Ben Sheets to put it all together?

Giving up a stud like Pavano for Randy Winn WHO OH BTW IS NOT EVEN A FRICKIN CENTERFIELDER

Randy Winn is not even a centerfielder folks!

Joel Piniero had a good season like 3 years ago.

Jamie Moyer drinks from a tea set and eats vanilla wafers.

If I give up Pavano, I want Ichiro

Dont like it? Tuff sh*t, then no deal.

Giving up a stud like Pavano for Randy Winn WHO OH BTW IS NOT EVEN A FRICKIN CENTERFIELDER

Randy Winn is not even a centerfielder folks!

Joel Piniero had a good season like 3 years ago.

Jamie Moyer drinks from a tea set and eats vanilla wafers.

If I give up Pavano, I want Ichiro

Dont like it? Tuff Sh#t, then no deal.

Correction EB...Randy Winn does not play CF right now but was a starting CF for the D-Rays the year he was among MLB leaders in hits. He's not dynamic but for christ sakes I'm tired of people making it sound like the guy plays CF in a wheelchair with a blindfold on. He's not Mike Cameron but he's better than what the Yankees have right now. If Bubba Crosby were an elite defensive player I'd say no way do we go after Winn. But since he is NOT elite and above average at best, get a guy who can play the position well while giving you SOMETHING on offense.

Yes, Pineiero does suck, and no friggin way the M's give up Iciro for Pavano.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/scouting?statsId=5998

Baserunning & Defense

Winn is a good athlete, having been a basketball player at Santa Clara. But he's proven to be a bad fit in center field. His arm is average at best, but where he really runs into problems is tracking flyballs. He takes bad routes, though he's sometimes able to overcome that because of his speed. He was moved to left field when rookie Jeremy Reed joined the team in September. Winn fared better there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/scouting?statsId=5998

Baserunning & Defense

Winn is a good athlete, having been a basketball player at Santa Clara. But he's proven to be a bad fit in center field. His arm is average at best, but where he really runs into problems is tracking flyballs. He takes bad routes, though he's sometimes able to overcome that because of his speed. He was moved to left field when rookie Jeremy Reed joined the team in September. Winn fared better there.

Oh, well I guess you're right then EB, you found an "expert" with an opinion who probablly got it from a buddy who went to some Mariners games. We all know how "experts" are never wrong about how good a player or team will be. :roll:

In this particular case I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen with my own two eyes, not what somebody else tells me I've seen.

Ive seen Randy Winn play CF and he's an all-around better player than Bubba Crosby.

I heard Michael Kay say on the Post game show after the loss to the Twins that the Yanks had made a all out attempt to aquire Griffey and that the Reds turned them down.

I don't understand the Reds stance with the young Outfielders they have.

Maybe they just turned it down for the good of the game.

Griffey definately would be nice, no doubt.

I read that when Wright comes back, and he IS coming back, that they'll use him strictly in the pen.

I could live with Wright, Rodriguez, Sturtz, Gordon, and Mo in the Pen

With a lineup not rivaled.....EVER

Cap't Jetes

ROY Cano

Big Sheff

ARod

Junior Griffey

UpperDecki

The Giambino

The Bam Tino

Hip Hip Jorge

Gimme a break.....#27

Griffey definately would be nice, no doubt.

I read that when Wright comes back, and he IS coming back, that they'll use him strictly in the pen.

I could live with Wright, Rodriguez, Sturtz, Gordon, and Mo in the Pen

With a lineup not rivaled.....EVER

Cap't Jetes

ROY Cano

Big Sheff

ARod

Junior Griffey

UpperDecki

The Giambino

The Bam Tino

Hip Hip Jorge

Gimme a break.....#27

Actually if and when Wright come back from rehab Torre is saying in the Times today they need starters so plug him into the rotation

You haven't got anything on the major league club that the Reds would take for Griffey. Keep dreaming.

The value of a dollar, my friend, the value of the dollar.

If the Yankees want Griffey they'll pay all or most of his contract making it a no-brainer for the Reds FO to trade Griffey outa town. Obviously, we'll still give up a few players, but nothing big.

And this wont happen, btw. :lol:

What exactly makes Pavano a stud?? He's got a career ERA of 4.27 and is 61-64 lifetime. He had one really good year last year and has had a sub .500 record almost every other year before. Hell he's had multiple years of an ERA greater then 5. This year is the rule not the exception as far as Carl Pavano goes. He was a terrible pick up then and he still is.

Archived