Matt Clement hit by line drive.

Thor99

I hope Clement isn't as hurt as the last guy I remember getting hit by a line drive, coincidentally was a Red Sox, Bryce Florie.

Thoughts and prayers are with him, in hopes of the most limited amount of damage possible.

Bryce took one in the face, shattering bone and collapsing his sinuses. He never pitched well again.

Ya see why I got mad at ya Thorr when Wang went down with a shoulder injury and you had a good laugh about it? Wouldnt you be pretty mad at me if I told you I was happy Clement got knocked in the head with a baseball going 200mph? I think you would be mad.....

Times like these are never funny. Not to mention Trot Nixon apparently snapped a rib in his rib cage this afternoon.

Ya see why I got mad at ya Thorr when Wang went down with a shoulder injury and you had a good laugh about it? Wouldnt you be pretty mad at me if I told you I was happy Clement got knocked in the head with a baseball going 200mph? I think you would be mad.....

Times like these are never funny. Not to mention Trot Nixon apparently snapped a rib in his rib cage this afternoon.

I understand that, however, I wasn't laughing at Wang, I was laughing at the Chicken Little Yankee fans. I never want to see an athlete get hurt, period.

I was laughing at how it was the end of the world because some rookie pitcher you had never heard of got hurt.

Huh??

Who are you kidding?!?

Yankee fans never heard of Wang??

He was our best pitcher going at the time he was injured. It was and is a huge blow to this team and its starting rotation

[

Huh??

Who are you kidding?!?

Yankee fans never heard of Wang??

He was our best pitcher going at the time he was injured. It was and is a huge blow to this team and its starting rotation

Had you heard of him coming out of spring training? That's my point, some guy you never heard of ended the Yankee season.

Had you heard of him coming out of spring training? That's my point, some guy you never heard of ended the Yankee season.

He had a great spring training and I had heard his name before.

Thats not the point though. Getting your sh*ts and giggles in for the day by taking advantage of Yankees fans in distress is not exactly a nice thing to do.

He had a great spring training and I had heard his name before.

Thats not the point though. Getting your sh*ts and giggles in for the day by taking advantage of Yankees fans in distress is not exactly a nice thing to do.

I guess you didn't get the memo. I'm not nice.

I hope Clement isn't as hurt as the last guy I remember getting hit by a line drive, coincidentally was a Red Sox, Bryce Florie.

Thoughts and prayers are with him, in hopes of the most limited amount of damage possible.

I was at the game when Florie got hit. Wierdest/most awful sound you'll hear. I haven't seen the Clement hiy yet. I was out all night and just got in. Been following it on the radio. Damon coming up HUGE!

Latest on Clement:

Matt Clement, SP BOS

News: Clement, drilled by a comebacker from Carl Crawford on Tuesday at Tampa Bay, had a CT scan which came back negative.

Analysis: Clement will be kept in a St. Petersburg area hospital overnight as a precaution, but early indications are very positive after the ugly incident. It is unclear how much time Clement will be forced to miss as a result.

This is good news.

Pounding your chest over a game with the "have nots" of baseball

How far down has Sawx baseball been??

Erm, I'm hardly pounding my chest with a question like that. I just wanted to know if EB was watching the game. Nothing more.

Ishii got hit in the head. He was actually decent before he got hit. Mess fans will vouch for Ishii being terrible now.

Ishii's stats are messed up. His ERA has gotten worse every year except from 2002 to 2003 while has WHIP has gotten better each year.

I didnt see the game as every Tuesday/Thursday I am out of commission due to night classes...and I've never been so thankful as I was last night. My prayers are with Matt Clement and his family. By the grace of God, he is going to be OK...

That said, this horrifying incident reminds me of the Bryce Florie line-drive several years back. I want to thank everyone on this thread for their classy responses. Unfortunately, last time around the responses werent all classy. In fact, some of them were downright disgraceful, werent they 318? And I know youre lurking out there and probably reading this. I dont forget sh*t and youre receipt is still coming!

Either way, Big win last night for the 1st place BoSox thanks in large part to Johnny Damon. Its rapidly becoming apparent that he will be back with Boston OUT OF SHEER NECESSITY. Matt Clement will be re-evaluated today, hopefully it will be more good news.

That said, this horrifying incident reminds me of the Bryce Florie line-drive several years back.

I had a beer with Bryce not too long back. He's still not playing baseball. Maybe Clement can comeback after something like that, maybe he can't.

Just wish him health, that's all.

Archived