Clemens,Ratliff or Ainge.

JETSFAN5180

He's a solid player with a lot of mobility.

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ratliff_brett00.html

Yep. It's all sunshine and roses with Brett Ratliff.

http://utah.scout.com/a.z?s=365&p=8&c=1&nid=2706606

This is from the "PROS"

Nice-sized pocket passer with marginal skill for the next level.

He came from Utah and played mostly shotgun. I think they like him, but the real news about him is that he was one of the first non-choirboys the team picked up. He had some type of bar incident where he "inappropriately touched" a woman. Think he ended up taking an ACD, some type of AA treatment and it should be all 100% resolved by now.

Yep. It's all sunshine and roses with Brett Ratliff.

And what has Kellen Clemens done to cement him as the next franchise QB of this organization.Clemens didnt impress me or obvioulsy Mangini either.Ratliff may be better also Ainge.All this love for Clemens and hes done NOTHING!

And what has Kellen Clemens done to cement him as the next franchise QB of this organization.Clemens didnt impress me or obvioulsy Mangini either.Ratliff may be better also Ainge.All this love for Clemens and hes done NOTHING!

What does Kellen Clemens have to do with Ratliff being a marginal NFL prospect? Ratliff was listed as a practice squad candidate coming out of school and that's what he has been. Based on your logic I might be better than Clemens and Ainge. You've never seen me play worse. You have to trust the staff a little bit. If a better qb were on the team I'd imagine he'd be on the actual roster. Maybe even active for game day.

What does Kellen Clemens have to do with Ratliff being a marginal NFL prospect? Ratliff was listed as a practice squad candidate coming out of school and that's what he has been. Based on your logic I might be better than Clemens and Ainge. You've never seen me play worse. You have to trust the staff a little bit. If a better qb were on the team I'd imagine he'd be on the actual roster. Maybe even active for game day.

You may be onto something Clemens performed no better than a practice squad candidate I agree.Mangini had obvioulsy seen enough of the experiment also.Who knows this years backup may very well be Ainge.Imagine that.

You may be onto something Clemens performed no better than a practice squad candidate I agree.Mangini had obvioulsy seen enough of the experiment also.Who knows this years backup may very well be Ainge.Imagine that.

Not really what I said, but it's true. Unfortunately, Pennington fared no better.

[quote=JETSFAN5180;873305

And what has Kellen Clemens done to cement him as the next franchise QB of this organization.Clemens didnt impress me or obvioulsy Mangini either.

Who says he has cemented himself as the next franchise QB of this organization? I believe Mangini said it will be an open competition. I believe they tossed a coin to start the alternating with the first string.

After Clemens wins the starting job and has an outstanding year in 2008, then he will be the franchise QB.

and in honor of yet another who should start at QB thread-a-comin' I give the board

<----------THIS...my new avatar thingy

anybody here think we should draft DMC if he's still there at 6? Oh wait...nevermind

Clemens is tough as nails with a rocket arm from what I have seen last year. And coming out of college there was talk that he was mentally the most nfl ready qb coming out. That rite there,those 3 things makes him the best qb on the club at the moment. Ainge is much like Pennington with a much stronger arm. He has a chance to be a good qb in this league. Ratliff? hogwash thats all.

Clemens is tough as nails with a rocket arm from what I have seen last year. And coming out of college there was talk that he was mentally the most nfl ready qb coming out. That rite there,those 3 things makes him the best qb on the club at the moment. Ainge is much like Pennington with a much stronger arm. He has a chance to be a good qb in this league. Ratliff? hogwash thats all.

Ainge is much like Pennington??? How exactly???

If he was mentally ready as a rookie I don't understand what happened last year, He sure didn't look ready to me. Growing pains are fine, but I have a few problems with Clemens: 1. I don't think he has a rocket arm. His arm is fine, but I haven't seen a cannon. 2. He was allegedly "mentally ready" as a rookie and I think he was drafted as an emergency stop gap in case Pennington was unable to play. Ramsey was a zero and I think they were nervous they'd have to go with a rookie. If that's the case, the Jets may have drafted him at a premium for that "mental readiness" which isn't helping any now.

Hopefully, the line in '07 was so pitiful that it hampered both QBs and with the extra seasoning Clemens will be ready to showcase himself.

If he was mentally ready as a rookie I don't understand what happened last year, He sure didn't look ready to me. Growing pains are fine, but I have a few problems with Clemens: 1. I don't think he has a rocket arm. His arm is fine, but I haven't seen a cannon. 2. He was allegedly "mentally ready" as a rookie and I think he was drafted as an emergency stop gap in case Pennington was unable to play. Ramsey was a zero and I think they were nervous they'd have to go with a rookie. If that's the case, the Jets may have drafted him at a premium for that "mental readiness" which isn't helping any now.

Hopefully, the line in '07 was so pitiful that it hampered both QBs and with the extra seasoning Clemens will be ready to showcase himself.

let me rephrase that...compared to Chad he has a rocket...

Ainge is much like Pennington??? How exactly???

immobile as a snail,very accurate,and smart pocket passer. At UT he shattered Peytons completeion percentage. I am a UT fan and watch every game living here in Knoxville.

Archived