where's the clemens had a crap-practice thread?

Greenseed3

But wait, there's more....

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/blog/

4. The morning practice, in which the Jets worked primarily on first and second down plays [third downs are coming this afternoon], was a session ruled by the defense, with Kerry Rhodes picking off two passes. At one point, early in the day, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer yelled out,

Ladies and Gentlemen Kellen Clemens is NOT the future.This is becoming quite evident.If this organization had any faith in him he wouldnt have been replaced during the 2007 season.This team had no chance to make the playoffs,yet we made a QB change.

Chad has had three real bad days and a dink and dunk day with a near interception. Clemons had three good days and a clunker. I have been a Chad fan but one thing is obvious. Unless Clemons develops, this team ain't goin anywhere.

Here's the crazy thing. Everyone hear knows Chad ain't going to lead this team to victory but is quick to celebrate when Clemons struggles. The QB question is the biggest one for this team. It is the difference between 5 and 9 wins. As long as Chad is regularly bouncing 30 yard passes, we have a problem. Hard to run if you constantly throw 5-7 yard passes. Check the Jets offensive stats the last 2 years with Chad. I hope Chad shows a little arm because he's a better leader but if he can't cut it anymore, I'm rooting for Clemons. Pick a QB, any qb. If you don't like either guy, maybe you're on the wrong page.

I believe in this team and Clemons. One bad practice doesn't change things. He regressed. Tomorrow he'll throw a couple of nice touchdowns. Another way to look at it is the defense has been outplayed in every practice until today.

Really? When was Kellen Clemens replaced? Pennington was injuried and missed one game (Baltimore) and when he returned the Coaching Staff wanted to go with the veteran who the previous season helped lead the team to the playoffs. I'd hardly call it being replaced.

News out of Dallas is that Pacman Jones got two interceptions today in his OTA. Everyone in D-town is stoked on their CB talent. If that happened here, we'd all be complaining about Tony Romo; calling for his head.

I'm not ready to bail ship on either QB... I think it's important that our QB limitations are fully realized in non-game situations and that successful game plans are created accordingly.

News out of Dallas is that Pacman Jones got two interceptions today in his OTA. Everyone in D-town is stoked on their CB talent. If that happened here, we'd all be complaining about Tony Romo; calling for his head.

I'm not ready to bail ship on either QB... I think it's important that our QB limitations are fully realized in non-game situations and that successful game plans are created accordingly.

Tony Romo has made a pro-bowl.

Clemens has not. Pennington has not.

which cowboy didn't

when talking pro-bowl remember most cowboys have the ballot stuffed for him.

not really a true measuring stick for a players caliber.

Pennington hasn't had a wet dream that resulted in the season Romo had last year.

I'm not a huge Romo fan, but Dallas fans are not freaking out because Romo is a pretty good QB. ours, on the other hand, are not.

Ladies and Gentlemen Kellen Clemens is NOT the future.This is becoming quite evident.If this organization had any faith in him he wouldnt have been replaced during the 2007 season.This team had no chance to make the playoffs,yet we made a QB change.

Let's see what he does this year. He sucked last season. Some of it could blamed on the o-line but mostly it was his fault.

With all the improvements I think either one of these QB's could lead this team to a 9-7. Chad is a sure thing at least. We know he can go to the playoffs.

Clemens is an interception-prone quarterback. He makes mistakes. It's part of his style. Chad is the opposite, weak arm but doesn't make nearly as many mistakes.

Yeah..... he barely makes any.

:confused0085:

Clemens is an interception-prone quarterback. He makes mistakes. It's part of his style. Chad is the opposite, weak arm but doesn't make nearly as many mistakes.

Did you watch game one and games three through eight last season at all, or did your Chad jersey cover your eyes?

In the PAST Chad Pennington's smarts on the field have helped him despite his High School Football at best arm strength ever since his surgeries, but in 2007 his smarts on the field were nowhere to be found. He continually forced balls in spots that he cannot hit, especially in the fourth quarter. In a four game stretch he threw five interceptions in the fourth quarter, two of which were pick six's and every single one effected the outcome of the game. The Jets were lose and Pennington's interceptions started or sealed their fate on the way to a loss.

Did you watch game one and games three through eight last season at all, or did your Chad jersey cover your eyes?

In the PAST Chad Pennington's smarts on the field have helped him despite his High School Football at best arm strength ever since his surgeries, but in 2007 his smarts on the field were nowhere to be found. He continually forced balls in spots that he cannot hit, especially in the fourth quarter. In a four game stretch he threw five interceptions in the fourth quarter, two of which were pick six's and every single one effected the outcome of the game. The Jets were lose and Pennington's interceptions started or sealed their fate on the way to a loss.

I did see two weak minded interceptions thrown by CHADWICK that cost us two losses last year. I agree with you 124.

Such a big deal about OTA's. PENNINGTON , a first round draft pick with tons of experience PLAYED against our second and third teamers and did not challange them by going deep! Yet that inspires his fans . Are they even Jets fans? No fan should be willing to accept a non-challanging type QB with the type of talent that we now have. The idea is to win a SUPER BOWL and not the game of QB statistics.

Re CLEMENS: How do we know if the receivers ran the right routes? Do we know if the pass that was intercepted was deep down the field and could serve as apunt? Do we know if the DB made a great play on the ball deep down the field? They get paid too and are fighting for a job position too. There is so much we don't know about the OTA's. We do know that several writers are biased in favor of PENNINGTON as are some alleged Jets fans. Who cares which QB leads us to a SB victory? Why does it HAVE to be PENNINGTON for a few of these fans?

Hey I'd like to see Pennington supplanted also, but Clemens threw a 40 yd TD pass like Pennington threw a 60-yarder to win the game in Miami at the end of '06. It was a dumpoff that was run 50-ish yards into the endzone.

Praise each QB if you want for not forcing the ball into heavy deep coverage, but I wouldn't bust out the AHA!'s for long touchdown passes for either one. It was a dumpoff pass. If Smith didn't elude anyone thanks to "a few key blocks" (as reported) it was a 1-6 yard play. He did get more than one key block so it was a 40-yard play. I hardly credit Clemens for that play traveling 40 yards into the endzone.

It's practice. Now some of it is supposed to be in-game situations. If this was a real game, play as you would play. The rest of it is to show your stuff and practice stuff that any coach would be nervous calling up if it hadn't been practiced (with success) several times before when it doesn't count. What I hear a lot of is Pennington doing more dink-and-dunks on 90% of his attempts. If this is him stretching himself when errors don't cost the team, I - and every NFL defensive coordinator - know what to expect during real games. Keep the defense in; the Jets offense won't make you pay. Keep doing that. Eventually, the series will have the Jets in 3rd & 8 and Pennington will throw a dumpoff within a yard of the LOS and the D will tackle the receiver a yard or two shy of the first down marker. Then bring out the punt team. I've seen re-runs of this show too many times before.

hey manits early. im not sayin youre wrong...i just think u can calm down a bit its only june

I was being sarcastic. I may be dumb, but not dumb enough to make a judgement based upon one bad practice.

Hey I'd like to see Pennington supplanted also, but Clemens threw a 40 yd TD pass like Pennington threw a 60-yarder to win the game in Miami at the end of '06. It was a dumpoff that was run 50-ish yards into the endzone.

Praise each QB if you want for not forcing the ball into heavy deep coverage, but I wouldn't bust out the AHA!'s for long touchdown passes for either one. It was a dumpoff pass. If Smith didn't elude anyone thanks to "a few key blocks" (as reported) it was a 1-6 yard play. He did get more than one key block so it was a 40-yard play. I hardly credit Clemens for that play traveling 40 yards into the endzone.

It's practice. Now some of it is supposed to be in-game situations. If this was a real game, play as you would play. The rest of it is to show your stuff and practice stuff that any coach would be nervous calling up if it hadn't been practiced (with success) several times before when it doesn't count. What I hear a lot of is Pennington doing more dink-and-dunks on 90% of his attempts. If this is him stretching himself when errors don't cost the team, I - and every NFL defensive coordinator - know what to expect during real games. Keep the defense in; the Jets offense won't make you pay. Keep doing that. Eventually, the series will have the Jets in 3rd & 8 and Pennington will throw a dumpoff within a yard of the LOS and the D will tackle the receiver a yard or two shy of the first down marker. Then bring out the punt team. I've seen re-runs of this show too many times before.

Also takes a load off your offense. There's no real pressure to score, you'll win in the second half, because eventually the Jet D will make a mistake.

Archived