Marques Colston a RFA after the 2008 season - PFT.com

SAINTS DRAGGING THEIR FEET ON COLSTON

Posted by Mike Florio on July 6, 2008, 11:03 a.m.

Receiver Marques Colston was the steal of the draft in 2006, a seventh-round pick who has become the team

There's no way they let him go. He's their top target by far. He'll get a hefty contract.

Hey now, us Jets fans would like to dream that they don't agree on a contract and the Jets send New Orleans their 1st and 3rd for our first true #1 receiver since Keyshawn was traded to Tampa Bay almost 10 years ago. Bring back Colston to his college area roots!

Hey now, us Jets fans would like to dream that they don't agree on a contract and the Jets send New Orleans their 1st and 3rd for our first true #1 receiver since Keyshawn was traded to Tampa Bay almost 10 years ago. Bring back Colston to his college area roots!

Haha, then keep dreaming. :smile:

Unless we really suck next year and can grab sombody like Michael Crabtree in the top 5 and keep our third, I would give up a 1st and 3rd in a second. He's a true number one which we lack, he's from Hofstra and even if Coles has the best year of his career(yeah right), he's not a #1 and his days in the league are numbered. I don't see him leaving though, the Saints aren't that stupid.

Well said like a fan who really knows the game and decent players when he sees them.

WANTED A #1 WR. Apply to the NYJETS.

I've never seen Colston display attitude and balls. No ranting or temper-tantrums on the field or sidelines. Therefore he doesn't care about winning, is a choirboy, and sucks. Pass.

You have obviously never seen Colston play.This guy goes over the middle and lowers his shoulder to avoid a tackle.Seems like ATTITUDE and BALLS to me......And you were saying....

there is a reason why Colston fell to the 7th

and it's not because NFL teams are stupid or hate people from hofstra.

he had a great EW shrine week, tore it up in the game

no question he had physical talent

but every scouting report on this guy said the same thing

million dollar talent, ten cent head

he's the type of guy you don't want to give long term money to

the second that happens, he stops trying

im not saying that's the truth, but that's what the scouting reports said at the time.

If he ran a 4.3 I think teams would have overlooked those so called character flaws and drafted him higher... but as it stands he's basically a 4.6 guy - in other words Jerry Rice without the Jerry Rice work ethic.

there is a reason why Colston fell to the 7th

and it's not because NFL teams are stupid or hate people from hofstra.

he had a great EW shrine week, tore it up in the game

no question he had physical talent

but every scouting report on this guy said the same thing

million dollar talent, ten cent head

he's the type of guy you don't want to give long term money to

the second that happens, he stops trying

im not saying that's the truth, but that's what the scouting reports said at the time.

If he ran a 4.3 I think teams would have overlooked those so called character flaws and drafted him higher... but as it stands he's basically a 4.6 guy - in other words Jerry Rice without the Jerry Rice work ethic.

He's dominated the NFL since day one. And you have absolutely no idea about his work ethic and that he'll stop trying. He's arguably a top 5 WR already. Also has more catches than any WR in his first two seasons in NFL history.

He's a stud.

And you have absolutely no idea about his work ethic and that he'll stop trying.

I actually had inside source that year at Hofstra who told me in September before the draft that Colston was the next TO (small school star). But that same person also told me he was not the type of person that would make you feel good about giving long term money. Don't shoot the messenger.

oh and by the way a mid first for this player is too much if the Jets don't have a QB who can reliably get him the ball.

People can change. This will be his third season and who knows what his mindset is. I can't believe he would be this good, get a new contract after three years and then just fall off the map. Not possible, IMO. He's too talented.

You have obviously never seen Colston play.This guy goes over the middle and lowers his shoulder to avoid a tackle.Seems like ATTITUDE and BALLS to me......And you were saying....

No no no. He only has attitude and balls if he's animated & acts like a spoiled child.

Archived