Farve Asks for his release...

Jade Green

Dont be so sure on that.Woody Johnson wants to win NOW so the PSLs will be justified.It takes spending $$$$$ to make $$$$$$.

the old theory spend money to make money.

the jets are not a team that is far off from a superbowl (seriously) who thought the giants were of that caliber

at week 2 people thought the giants were gonna be one of the worst teams in football

the jets have the right pieces, with a strong QB they will be legit

flame away

Good for Brett. The Packers are idiots for not wanting him back in Green Bay and handing the job to an unproven Jed Tedford Quaterback. Good luck winning **** with Aaron Rodgers at the helm when you could've had the guy who brought you to the NFC Championship Game last season, morons.

Hopefully Favre thrives in Minnesota and leads them all the way, or at least to the Super Bowl. I unfortunately just don't see the Jets releasing or trading Chad and signing Brett. It would be awesome though.

Good for Brett. The Packers are idiots for not wanting him back in Green Bay and handing the job to an unproven Jed Tedford Quaterback. Good luck winning **** with Aaron Rodgers at the helm when you could've had the guy who brought you to the NFC Championship Game last season, morons.

Hopefully Favre thrives in Minnesota and leads them all the way, or at least to the Super Bowl. I unfortunately just don't see the Jets releasing or trading Chad and signing Brett. It would be awesome though.

you make it sound like they forced him to retire. He has played this game before, you can't keep letting someone leave and come back. Even if he played well in 08, you can't assume he'll play well in 09. At some point you have to let it go.

The old saying, i'd rather drop a player a year too soon than a year too late. Holds true in this instance.

Green Bay fans are slitting their wrists right now. Nice. Just hearing from the Milwaukee and Green Bay press people talking about people trying to buy billboards and flashing signs telling Thompson to bring him back just shows you how much Favre is loved. Only 1/3rd of Packer fans told him to sit back and enjoy retirement and I bet you not one wants to see him elsewhere, especially potentially in Minnesota.

The Packers said they would not release him, if he gets gets reinstated by the league, they would have to trade him for him to play else where.

Makes sense. I can't see them making it easy for him to sign within the division. FWIW, if the Jets do sign him, it is either an indictment of Clemens (his third year in the league if he's not ready to put it together it's not looking likely) and/or a sign that they are feeling major pressure to win now either for the CS not to get fired or the owner with the new stadium.

He's a better QB today than Clemens or Chad, but I don't think anybody is looking forward to dealing with his circus through camp and forget about the annual off-season retirement party.

Makes sense. I can't see them making it easy for him to sign within the division. FWIW, if the Jets do sign him, it is either an indictment of Clemens (his third year in the league if he's not ready to put it together it's not looking likely) and/or a sign that they are feeling major pressure to win now either for the CS not to get fired or the owner with the new stadium.

He's a better QB today than Clemens or Chad, but I don't think anybody is looking forward to dealing with his circus through camp and forget about the annual off-season retirement party.

Gotta disagree Dom. 3rd year is a good year to start but plenty of QB's finally "get it" in their 4th year. Drew Brees, soon to be Aaron Rodgers, Penny played very well in his 3rd or 4th year. I don't think it is an indictment of a player when the guy you are brining in is 38 years old. The longest Favre would play anywhere as a starter would be 2 years, IMO.

If KC can't play by 2010, then yes, he's finished in the NFL.

If the Packers do not release Favre than that is a classless move by the organization. For everything Favre did for them the least they can do is grant him his release. By not releasing him they also show zero confidence in their own team to beat the Vikings or Bucs or another NFC team if he was to so chose to sign with an NFC team.

Pussies.

Give the legend of Lambeau some respect and grant him his wish. If you think you're so great that you don't need him, I don't see the problem with releasing him. Give the franchises' best player whats right.

You go Brett. Destroy that legacy of yours. F#cking idiot.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous, but I think the talk of how it would ruin his legacy is just ****ing stupid.

Guess what? Michael Jordan, and Joe Montana both played 2 seasons with other teams. How's their legacy looking? How many people think of Jordan as an injury prone Washington Wizard or Joe Montana as the next big thing in Kansas City? The answer is nobody.

I personally don't think we should go after Favre especially not if we need to give up picks, but the guy still loves to play, and he's still capable of doing it. If the GB Packers don't want him, trade him away and get some picks. I personally wish I loved my Job as much as Favre loves his.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous, but I think the talk of how it would ruin his legacy is just ****ing stupid.

Guess what? Michael Jordan, and Joe Montana both played 2 seasons with other teams. How's their legacy looking? How many people think of Jordan as an injury prone Washington Wizard or Joe Montana as the next big thing in Kansas City? The answer is nobody.

I personally don't think we should go after Favre especially not if we need to give up picks, but the guy still loves to play, and he's still capable of doing it. If the GB Packers don't want him, trade him away and get some picks. I personally wish I loved my Job as much as Favre loves his.

I'll guarantee this, nobody is giving up picks for Brett Favre too many variables; place, money, inability to gauge his value.

so if the Jets go after favre it'll be as a free agent, and if that's the case, then the Jets will have enough money to go after him

If the Packers do not release Favre than that is a classless move by the organization. For everything Favre did for them the least they can do is grant him his release. By not releasing him they also show zero confidence in their own team to beat the Vikings or Bucs or another NFC team if he was to so chose to sign with an NFC team.

Pussies.

Give the legend of Lambeau some respect and grant him his wish. If you think you're so great that you don't need him, I don't see the problem with releasing him. Give the franchises' best player whats right.

Why should they release him, when they can trade him and get something in return?

Look if he has a team in mind, they may very well deide to trade him where he wants to go, at least then they get something in return why do it for free.

If they just release him, their would be some type of negotiations anyway.

Would that free them of the money they owe him, would he still count against their cap?

I think they are smart to not realese him, and as far respect, he shows the Packers none, by doing his yo-yo routine.

I'll guarantee this, nobody is giving up picks for Brett Favre too many variables; place, money, inability to gauge his value.

so if the Jets go after favre it'll be as a free agent, and if that's the case, then the Jets will have enough money to go after him

He's not going to be a free agent, Greenbay is not realeasing him.

Where have you heard that Green Bay will not release him? They have come out and said no such thing. The only thing they have said is that Favre does reinstate himself that he will be an active player for the Green Bay Packers.

In the end I trust Green Bay will do the right thing and let Favre go where he pleases.

Why should they release him, when they can trade him and get something in return?

Look if he has a team in mind, they may very well deide to trade him where he wants to go, at least then they get something in return why do it for free.

If they just release him, their would be some type of negotiations anyway.

Would that free them of the money they owe him, would he still count against their cap?

I think they are smart to not realese him, and as far respect, he shows the Packers none, by doing his yo-yo routine.

His team he may want to go to may very well be Minnesota and they won't trade him in the division to a contender such as Minnesota.

Teams will not trade for him when they know they HAVE to release him because they currently cannot afford his cap number.

They will only have to pay the Signing Bonus money they gave him when he signed the deal. If they release him, his 2008 playing salary will not count on their cap, not a dime, this according to NFL Network.

For all the things he did for the organization the right thing to do would to let things go smootly and to go their seperate ways. They obviously think they can win a Super Bowl in 2008 without him, so let him go. Show him up if he decides to go to Minnesota. You're ****y enough to let him go, be ****y enough to face him in the playoffs if you have to.

i can't believe Mortensen actually mentioned the jets as a landing spot, has hell frozen over.

Rich Kotite, can you check

Why not? Favre wants to play for a team that has proven weapons in place on offense (Which we have in Jones, Washington, Coles, Cotchery and Franks --- and two unproven guys in Keller and Stuckey who have enormous talent at catching the football and making things happen with their speed) and a Solid Offensive Line (Which we now have with Faneca and Woody in house). Not too shabby of a Defense either with Jenkins, Pace and Gholston joining the club.

The Jets are more unlikely than Tampa or Minnesota, but it could happen. I can't think of an AFC Team that he could make a better fit with, except maybe Baltimore, but with Smith, Boller and Flacco, I don't know if the Ravens would do it. You know for sure Ray Lewis will be pushing for it.

Archived