Farve Asks for his release...

Jade Green

Why not? Favre wants to play for a team that has proven weapons in place on offense (Which we have in Jones, Washington, Coles, Cotchery and Franks --- and two unproven guys in Keller and Stuckey who have enormous talent at catching the football and making things happen with their speed) and a Solid Offensive Line (Which we now have with Faneca and Woody in house). Not too shabby of a Defense either with Jenkins, Pace and Gholston joining the club.

The Jets are more unlikely than Tampa or Minnesota, but it could happen. I can't think of an AFC Team that he could make a better fit with, except maybe Baltimore, but with Smith and Flacco, I don't know if the Ravens would do it. You know for sure Ray Lewis will be pushing for it.

124 have you been reading my posts in this topic aside from that one. i said that becuase nobody on espn mentions the jets unless they are trying to make a lame joke or a nasty comment.

so it was surprising

Where have you heard that Green Bay will not release him? They have come out and said no such thing. The only thing they have said is that Favre does reinstate himself that he will be an active player for the Green Bay Packers.

In the end I trust Green Bay will do the right thing and let Favre go where he pleases.

They said if he is reinstated he would be an active player for the Greenbay Packers, and that they would do what's best for the Greenbay Packers, like they always have.

That sounds like they have no plans on releasing him, so if he is going to play else where then it would require them trading him.

I don't blame them for wanting to get something in return for him, they paid him what he wanted for his rights, they deserve to get something back for him.

I also don't blame them if they refused to trade him in the division, they need to look out for their best intests because Farve is not.

He decided to retire they did not force him out, he shows very little respect to them he retired, no wait he did'nt, he's not coming back, no wait he is.

Why not? Favre wants to play for a team that has proven weapons in place on offense (Which we have in Jones, Washington, Coles, Cotchery and Franks --- and two unproven guys in Keller and Stuckey who have enormous talent at catching the football and making things happen with their speed) and a Solid Offensive Line (Which we now have with Faneca and Woody in house). Not too shabby of a Defense either with Jenkins, Pace and Gholston joining the club.

The Jets are more unlikely than Tampa or Minnesota, but it could happen. I can't think of an AFC Team that he could make a better fit with, except maybe Baltimore, but with Smith, Boller and Flacco, I don't know if the Ravens would do it. You know for sure Ray Lewis will be pushing for it.

Yeah, us having Frank just highers the chances of us getting him. He played in Green Bay for many years.

Good for Brett. The Packers are idiots for not wanting him back in Green Bay and handing the job to an unproven Jed Tedford Quaterback. Good luck winning **** with Aaron Rodgers at the helm when you could've had the guy who brought you to the NFC Championship Game last season, morons.

Hopefully Favre thrives in Minnesota and leads them all the way, or at least to the Super Bowl. I unfortunately just don't see the Jets releasing or trading Chad and signing Brett. It would be awesome though.

I see your point but I gotta disagree Joe. Farve retired and on several occasions reinforced that. What were the Packers to do? In fact when I was in south Carolina early last week I heard Favre say there was no truth to the rumours he wanted to come back. Green Bay needed to move on just like the 49ers did when Joe Montana's time was up. I feel sorry for GB since this is a PR nightmare that they can NOT win no matter how they play it.

If the Packers do not release Favre than that is a classless move by the organization. For everything Favre did for them the least they can do is grant him his release. By not releasing him they also show zero confidence in their own team to beat the Vikings or Bucs or another NFC team if he was to so chose to sign with an NFC team.

Pussies.

Give the legend of Lambeau some respect and grant him his wish. If you think you're so great that you don't need him, I don't see the problem with releasing him. Give the franchises' best player whats right.

As you know he NFL is a business. No way GB gives up it's leverage.

Gotta disagree Dom. 3rd year is a good year to start but plenty of QB's finally "get it" in their 4th year. Drew Brees, soon to be Aaron Rodgers, Penny played very well in his 3rd or 4th year. I don't think it is an indictment of a player when the guy you are brining in is 38 years old. The longest Favre would play anywhere as a starter would be 2 years, IMO.

If KC can't play by 2010, then yes, he's finished in the NFL.

You may be right, but if they want a QB to sit for a couple of years and learn it would seem like Ratliff, Ainge or somebody new. I don't see Clemens sitting for another two years as being a good thing. Remember one of Clemens positives coming out of the draft was that he was supposedly one of the most ready QBs. He's not Flacco drafted for his upside and waiting to learn and catch on to the NFL.

Favre is a weird deal. If the Jets had a decent QB or a young guy that I had any confidence in I wouldn't want any part of this sideshow. Especially with how he's playing Green Bay. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I see your point but I gotta disagree Joe. Farve retired and on several occasions reinforced that. What were the Packers to do? In fact when I was in south Carolina early last week I heard Favre say there was no truth to the rumours he wanted to come back. Green Bay needed to move on just like the 49ers did when Joe Montana's time was up. I feel sorry for GB since this is a PR nightmare that they can NOT win no matter how they play it.

Well this is different. Joe was pushed out the door, Favre on the other hand has voluntarily left or made a huge soap opera for several years running now. This is all on Favre.

This is going to be such an interesting situation (and unfortunately for all of us, it'll be on NFLN and ESPN EVERY DAY.)

I wonder what the perspective of Vikings and Bears fans is. I know I wouldn't want Tom Brady anywhere near the Dolphins, I've hated him for too long.

Bret will tarnish his legacy a bit if he comits to coming back and I don't think we'll see a guy anywhere close to the QB Favre in 2007. Learning a new scheme and players without having off-season programs or OTA's will be much more difficult than people think.

Well this is different. Joe was pushed out the door, Favre on the other hand has voluntarily left or made a huge soap opera for several years running now. This is all on Favre.

Somewhat.

Some reports are saying Favre felt pressured by the organization to make a decision in March, and at that point he wasn't 100% committed to Football (but in March, according to Favre, nobody ever is) and he just decided to "retire", but he always left the door open. Banking on a Jed Tedford QB is stupid. Good luck with that Green Bay.

Favre could lead a couple of teams right now to the Super Bowl (Minnesota and Tampa) if he lands in either place. Other teams (like us or Baltimore) would be serious contenders.

It's also different because the 49ers had Steve Young. Montana didn't play in his last year in San Fran & they went 14-2 & lost to Dallas in the Championship Game. Young was 31 and (arguably) the best QB in football. Montana was about to turn 37 & hadn't played in 2 years.

San Fran's decision was both easy and correct. And as much as it disturbed many to see Montana playing for KC, everyone knew Young was the better QB at that point.

Truth is, GB's decision is a lot more difficult because no one knows if Aaron Rodgers is even an ok quarterback. He probably is, but you really don't know until he's on the field for a season.

Green Bay fans are slitting their wrists right now. Nice. Just hearing from the Milwaukee and Green Bay press people talking about people trying to buy billboards and flashing signs telling Thompson to bring him back just shows you how much Favre is loved. Only 1/3rd of Packer fans told him to sit back and enjoy retirement and I bet you not one wants to see him elsewhere, especially potentially in Minnesota.

I'll tell you who wants to see him elsewhere, ESPECIALLY in Minnesota. ESPN. Opening Monday Night game with Favre returning to Lambeau? ESPN execs are creaming their pants just thinking about it.

This whole situation is messed up. From what I've heard, most Packer fans want him back, and none of them would want to see him in his most likely destinations, which are probably Minnesota and Chicago. And yet, I've talked to 2 of my Vikings friends and they're mad he's even brought up in discussions to bring him there. My one Viking-fan friend said that if Favre came there and they won the SB next year, he'd pretend like it never happened. That's how much they hate him.

If Favre signs with the Vikings, it will be interesting to see how opinions of him change gradually, with both Packers and Vikings fans.

A moment ago on ESPNews linda Chon. was talkign to a guy and she said "how about the possibilites of Favre landing to the Jets, Jet fans are druling about the idea of #4 in green and white"

Someone on ESPn yetseday(I think Mortensen) said the Jets are an option.

Obviously its not out of the question...

A moment ago on ESPNews linda Chon. was talkign to a guy and she said "how about the possibilites of Favre landing to the Jets, Jet fans are druling about the idea of #4 in green and white"

Someone on ESPn yetseday(I think Mortensen) said the Jets are an option.

Obviously its not out of the question...

or it could be that because linda is a jets fan

or it's Espn is spinning their wheels again

I'll tell you who wants to see him elsewhere, ESPECIALLY in Minnesota. ESPN. Opening Monday Night game with Favre returning to Lambeau? ESPN execs are creaming their pants just thinking about it.

This whole situation is messed up. From what I've heard, most Packer fans want him back, and none of them would want to see him in his most likely destinations, which are probably Minnesota and Chicago. And yet, I've talked to 2 of my Vikings friends and they're mad he's even brought up in discussions to bring him there. My one Viking-fan friend said that if Favre came there and they won the SB next year, he'd pretend like it never happened. That's how much they hate him.

If Favre signs with the Vikings, it will be interesting to see how opinions of him change gradually, with both Packers and Vikings fans.

That's one thing that i kind of forgot. When i was growing up it was on the Minny-Wisconsin border, you were either packers or Vikings. The only reason anyone went with the Vikings was because they hated the brett favre ball washing. I'm talking every week, even in the offseason.

Unless you are actually from the GB area, it's just too much Brett Favre in the news for any one state to handle. And that was back in the 90's.

The vikings hate favre almost as much as the packers hate Moss (unless he had signed with the pack...lol).

IF Favre is a free agent here are what I think are his possible destinations.

NFC- Chicago, Minnesota, Carolina, Tampa Bay

AFC- Jets, Ravens.

I honestly don't think he would go to one of GB's divison rivals, so I think it would be down to the Jets, Bucs, Ravens, and Panthers.

Of those 4 here are my rankings of Favres best fit.

1. TB/Jets

2. TB/Jets

3. Carolina

4. Ravens

The way our offseason went Favre should realize that we can be a contender with a proven QB like favre, and I think Favre can tell himself that he can be the piece the Jets need.

Plus I think we have the most money out of those 3 other teams, and Maybe Favre might want to play in a big city like NY.

Don't forget that Bubba can make a difference in Favres decision of coming to NY.

IF Favre is a free agent here are what I think are his possible destinations.

NFC- Chicago, Minnesota, Carolina, Tampa Bay

AFC- Jets, Ravens.

I honestly don't think he would go to one of GB's divison rivals, so I think it would be down to the Jets, Bucs, Ravens, and Panthers.

Of those 4 here are my rankings of Favres best fit.

1. TB/Jets

2. TB/Jets

3. Carolina

4. Ravens

The way our offseason went Favre should realize that we can be a contender with a proven QB like favre, and I think Favre can tell himself that he can be the piece the Jets need.

Plus I think we have the most money out of those 3 other teams, and Maybe Favre might want to play in a big city like NY.

Don't forget that Bubba can make a difference in Favres decision of coming to NY.

even if i tried to take my green goggles off, i'd still say the jets would be a decent probability. I would like to add Buffalo to your list as well.

Lets say we land Favre who wants to bet that on Patriot forums they say stuff like favre is done, overrated, blah blah blah.

I can see Pat fans acting like hes nothing when the Jets signing.

Also Favre VS Brady 2 times a year sounds better than Manning VS Brady one time a year.

On ESPN.com it says that The Packers GM said they will welcome him back, but he will have to be the backup for Rodgers.

WOW! Favre is being treated like sh!t.

You would think after all he did for that team they would just let the guy explore his options.

In an honorable world, the packers would just release the guy and say THANK YOU fort everythign that youve done. This is a special case lets see what the packewrs "family" has to say about it
In an honorable world Farve would honor his retirement, no?

Knowing were in in a win now state of mind, and that PSL's are coming soon I see Woody throwing more money that anyone for Favre.

How are you in a win now state of mind? You were 4-12, have no offensive fire power, and have a middle of the pack defense.

Can someone explain to me why Favre would want to play for the Jets?

In an honorable world, the packers would just release the guy and say THANK YOU fort everythign that youve done. This is a special case lets see what the packewrs "family" has to say about it

C'mon

In March Farve made a tearful retirement speech. The Packers moved on, and drafted two QB's, now they are expected to just let him walk to a division rival after paying him millions of dollars and treating him like a Duke for the last 17 years?

In an honorable world Farve would just retire with class, and be worshipped in Green Bay.

A bit off the topic, but an Italian restaurant I go to just replaced their table cloths. Did those guys in your sig pick them up out of the trash?

How are you in a win now state of mind? You were 4-12, have no offensive fire power, and have a middle of the pack defense.

Can someone explain to me why Favre would want to play for the Jets?

Because we have a solid OL, good WR's, good RB's, a strong D, and all we need is a talented QB. Favre would make us contenders.

With Penningotn and Clemens we can finish around 9-7 to 10-6, with Favre we can get 11-5-12-4.

Because we have a solid OL, good WR's, good RB's, a strong D, and all we need is a talented QB. Favre would make us contenders.

With Penningotn and Clemens we can finish around 9-7 to 10-6, with Favre we can get 11-5-12-4.

Where are these good receivers and runningbacks you're talking about? The oline is better, but there's a reason the Jets have ranked in the bottom tier in offesne the past couple of seasons, I don't get how you're all of a sudden a 9-10 win offense. Favre is a master of improvisation; he needs to have a steady cast around him for that to succeed and I don't see that.

Also, do you really expect Favre to come in and pick everything up immediatley? No OTA's, no off-season program, he'll come into camp and have 1 month to pick up a new playbook and city.

Archived