Dolphins reluctant to embrace rebuilding label - ESPN.com

Camp Confidential: Dolphins reluctant to embrace rebuilding label

By Tim Graham

ESPN.com

DAVIE, Fla. -- Perhaps the players can't see the franchise for the scaffolding.

Or maybe it's a simple case of denial.

The Miami Dolphins are talking proud after their worst season in franchise history and one of the most absolutely awful campaigns the NFL has seen.

"As far as I'm concerned, we're not rebuilding," 11th-year defensive end Vonnie Holliday said Saturday, when training camp opened and the Dolphins got to work on trying to erase the memory of a 1-15 mess.

"I can't rebuild.

My local paper today had an AP story with the headline "Dolphin QBs are struggling".

It seems none of the 3 QBs have shown anything since TC started.

It went on to say that Beck had 3 ints in limited action with no TDs Sunday.

May be they will get into the Favre derby. LOL

4. Can outside linebacker Joey Porter rebound from a confounding season to lead the defense now that Zach Thomas and Taylor are gone?

There's a lot of slack for Porter to gather, and some of it will be his own. The Dolphins made the three-time Pro Bowler their marquee free-agent acquisition last year, giving him a five-year contract worth $32 million, including $20 million guaranteed.

Former defensive coordinator Dom Capers couldn't decide how to use him in mishmash schemes (six sacks, two interceptions), but in Paul Pasqualoni's 3-4 alignment, Porter's role will be clear.

Joey Porter is an overrated, washed up, piece of garbage.

My local paper today had an AP story with the headline "Dolphin QBs are struggling".

It seems none of the 3 QBs have shown anything since TC started.

It went on to say that Beck had 3 ints in limited action with no TDs Sunday.

May be they will get into the Favre derby. LOL

The Palm Beach Post blogger said that Beck was awful today. Meanwhile, in Tony Sparano's PC, he said Beck rebounded from a tough day yesterday and was impressive today. It kind of sucks that I have to take these "professional" writer's opinions with a grain of salt.

This article is the biggest backhanded, elaborte, "Shut up, you suck" ever. I mean come on, are the players supposed to expect to lose?

HELLO? "Cue Herm Edwards "You play to win the game" speech.

haha, sorry aqua but anytime you have to dig for anything herm edwards, your in a heap of trouble. best of luck to ya this year from 1 nfl fan to another. you're a good poster here imo.

They can label themselves whatever they want. The reality is they suck.

Yes they do, but we also were 1-15 before the whole FO/CS got revamped & made an 8-game turnaround. I don't know that you can equate the 2008 Dolphins coaching staff with the 1997-1999 Jets coaching staff. But still, they did lose half a dozen games by 3 points. And scored 13 pts or less in 6 of 9 games after they traded Chambers.

Then again, when you get spanked by the 2007 Raiders & Jets, you really suck.

Yes they do, but we also were 1-15 before the whole FO/CS got revamped & made an 8-game turnaround. I don't know that you can equate the 2008 Dolphins coaching staff with the 1997-1999 Jets coaching staff. But still, they did lose half a dozen games by 3 points. And scored 13 pts or less in 6 of 9 games after they traded Chambers.

Then again, when you get spanked by the 2007 Raiders & Jets, you really suck.

The 1996 Jets were a perfect turnaround situation. They had decent talent with the worst Head Coach in NFL history. Bring in one of the best Head Coaches of all time with a few key vets, and bingo, the turnaround was not that much of a surprise.

1. Rich Kotite was not the Dolphins coach last year.

2. Bill Parcells will not be their coach this year (he will be up in the booth).

3. The Dolphins have very little talent.

They might win 3 games, if they are lucky.

Parcells will get them on the right track but their QB situation is worse than ours- hard to believe right.

Not true at all, The Jets have a worse QB situation. You have an over the hill, noodle arm QB that has to put some serious mustard on the ball in order for it to go 20 yards. #2 Kellen has proven that he doesn't have the "stuff" to compete in the NFL. He holds the ball too long, has trouble seeing the field and he gets flustered easily. Your best bet is to put Eric Ainge in.

Miami meanwhile, has youth and exuberance on the roster. Beck, Henne and McCown are all shaking off the cobwebs and are arming themselves for a training camp battle. All of our QB's are adjusting to a new systtem, new coaches, new playbooks etc... Those things take time. Meanwhile in N.Y. you have the same QB's, same coaches, same playbooks etc... And they still suck.

If I had to pick between Miamis' QB's and N.Y's... I'll take my chances with Miamis' guys.

Not true at all, The Jets have a worse QB situation. You have an over the hill, noodle arm QB that has to put some serious mustard on the ball in order for it to go 20 yards. #2 Kellen has proven that he doesn't have the "stuff" to compete in the NFL. He holds the ball too long, has trouble seeing the field and he gets flustered easily. Your best bet is to put Eric Ainge in.

Miami meanwhile, has youth and exuberance on the roster. Beck, Henne and McCown are all shaking off the cobwebs and are arming themselves for a training camp battle. All of our QB's are adjusting to a new systtem, new coaches, new playbooks etc... Those things take time. Meanwhile in N.Y. you have the same QB's, same coaches, same playbooks etc... And they still suck.

If I had to pick between Miamis' QB's and N.Y's... I'll take my chances with Miamis' guys.

Wow.

We have a veteran QB in Pennington who has actually got a bhistory of winning games and QB'ing teams to the post-season.

How is Clemens any worse than any of the guys you mentioned?

Wow.

We have a veteran QB in Pennington who has actually got a bhistory of winning games and QB'ing teams to the post-season.

How is Clemens any worse than any of the guys you mentioned?

I know... Wow.

Chad has a "d" maybe "c" history of winning games. Your evaluation of a "b" history of winning is a bit inflated ;)

Clemons is worse because he has had 3 years to learn the system in N.Y. and be ready to take over the QB spot. So far he can't do it. I guess he gave it his best and failed.

I know... Wow.

Chad has a "d" maybe "c" history of winning games. Your evaluation of a "b" history of winning is a bit inflated ;)

Clemons is worse because he has had 3 years to learn the system in N.Y. and be ready to take over the QB spot. So far he can't do it. I guess he gave it his best and failed.

4 days of training camp and you are already writing him off as not improving in his third year? Geez ....

So wait, in Kellen Clemens long NFL history of 8 starts he's proven not to be NFL worthy, yet Josh McCown and John Beck have proven that? What a joke you are trying to discuss the Jets & Dolphins. The hatred & homerism is the most obvious I've ever seen. You're worse than BZ. :rl:

BTW, that same Noodle Armed QB has owned the Miami Dolphins throughout his career. I believe only one loss to them.

The Jets also have better talent around their Quarterbacks on Offense, Defense and Special Teams.

Archived