Namath Phone conversation

A-ZONE

that was unreal, you could hear em askin a question long pause while we assume joe's talking, laughing , another question. on & on it went.

nat'l prime time cbs with no apology for no sound or any mention of it.

I was stunned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the sideline female reporter said Brett is visiting the Mayor today at 9 am.

What the heck is that all about?

The guy needs to get a physical today and get his ass on the treadmill and lose 10 lbs while studying the playbook.

The best thing about the press conference yesterday was he stressed to the reporters to basically leave him alone so he could get to work.

that was unreal, you could hear em askin a question long pause while we assume joe's talking, laughing , another question. on & on it went.

There was a game played, I forget what year it was where the jets purposely had no announcers so the viewers at home got a feel on how a game would sound .

Reminded me of that.

it sort of reminded me of that old Jimmy Stewart movie Harvey where as an alchie Stewart hung out with a giant invisible rabbit and had conversations with him that nobody else could hear

Sorry we missed the "interview" but local CBS wasn't very good, either. We watched the game on TVAnts so had to listen to the Cleveland announcers. The entire game they kept talking about Kevin Clowney. WTF?? It's David, you fools. Get the names right.

Sorry we missed the "interview" but local CBS wasn't very good, either. We watched the game on TVAnts so had to listen to the Cleveland announcers. The entire game they kept talking about Kevin Clowney. WTF?? It's David, you fools. Get the names right.

yea I was over at JI during the in-game thread and people were complaining about Bernie Kosar being the biggest homer ever

yea I was over at JI during the in-game thread and people were complaining about Bernie Kosar being the biggest homer ever

Bernie was horrible. His voice was annoying and he had an excuse for everything that Cleveland did. Of course, nothing the Jets did was ever any good. He criticized everything.

We tried listening to Jets announcers on NFL Field Pass but the plays didn't sync up with the streaming game. We'll just have to hope for better announcers during the regular season. It was fun to watch the game though, especially since the Jets are rarely on the TV here.

Bernie was horrible. His voice was annoying and he had an excuse for everything that Cleveland did. Of course, nothing the Jets did was ever any good. He criticized everything.

We tried listening to Jets announcers on NFL Field Pass but the plays didn't sync up with the streaming game. We'll just have to hope for better announcers during the regular season. It was fun to watch the game though, especially since the Jets are rarely on the TV here.

much to my surprise I switched over to 625 SNY and there the game was at 11 PM...I taped it and watched it this morning-of course Greg Buttle...well you know...loved him as our LBer as a sports announcer? I've seen and heard better

Forget about an apology from CBS. How about the gothdammed game director clueing in the on-air guys that the sound wasn't coming through? They have the ability to know whether or not the sound was going out on the air. Total friggin' idiot, whomever it was. You let Eagle and Buttle look like clowns.

Pre-season game announcers are specifically told to be homers...not sure why, but this is clearly the case everywhere. You should have heard the Pats announcers last nite - trying to find anything - ANYTHING - positive besides Mayo (who, and I know its only one practice game - looks like an absolute beast). It makes listening to the game unbearable - and I'm a Pats fan. But geez- c'mon! These doofuses lose a little bit of credibility every time they open their mouths. Makes me wonder if they are being paid by the team? I heard - about ten times - how great Kraft Place was. The resturants are the best. The architecture amazing. The greatest venue in all the world! Not kidding.

Anyway, I heard that there was one comment made by Namath that you could hear. Something like, "Brett.....I 'wanna kiss you!" He may want to get in line behind some notables like Peter King, Merrill Hodge, Mort, and every bandwagon fan that bought a Favre Jets jersey yesterday. ;)

Pre-season game announcers are specifically told to be homers...not sure why, but this is clearly the case everywhere. You should have heard the Pats announcers last nite - trying to find anything - ANYTHING - positive besides Mayo (who, and I know its only one practice game - looks like an absolute beast). It makes listening to the game unbearable - and I'm a Pats fan. But geez- c'mon! These doofuses lose a little bit of credibility every time they open their mouths. Makes me wonder if they are being paid by the team? I heard - about ten times - how great Kraft Place was. The resturants are the best. The architecture amazing. The greatest venue in all the world! Not kidding.

Anyway, I heard that there was one comment made by Namath that you could hear. Something like, "Brett.....I 'wanna kiss you!" He may want to get in line behind some notables like Peter King, Merrill Hodge, Mort, and every bandwagon fan that bought a Favre Jets jersey yesterday. ;)

As usual, you got it all wrong. They explained later in the broadcast that Joe was relating an incident in the Cheats' locker room a few years back when he caught Brady looking at a photo of Favre. Bellicheat quickly ushered Namath away, while Tommy was re-enrolled in an "alternative therapy" program through The Church of Latter Day Saints.

My wife and I both commented to each other how it was cool that we could hear the in-stadium announcements and all, but not the announcers (while Joe Willie was replying). You know how they have SAP options for broadcasts? I think they should have a MTA (mute the announcers) option. Especially when Simms-Nantz work the game!

Archived