Interesting Article on the Brett Favre Trade to the Jets

crashingjet

I'm not posting this to be a dick, I just thought it was interesting...

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2008/08/07/news/news1.txt

MADISON - Wisconsin has lost a football legend, and apparently former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre isn't too interested in playing with the New York Jets, according to an area pilot who flew with the three-time NFL MVP from Green Bay on Wednesday...

Yes, I always trust pilots with my Football information. Give me a break, the guy is looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

And guess what? If he isn't, tough ****. I don't care who Favre wanted to play for, he's a Jet and he's going to be a Jet for the 2008 season and thats all that matters. Brett will play hard and will try to win Football games to stick it to the Green Bay Packers. As long as he plays well, I really don't care.

But, I don't believe this garbage for a second. If Brett hates the Jets that much he would've retired already again and the Jets would've been out a 4th round draft pick. Brett Favre is a Jet and sure he isn't as happy as he would've been as a Packer or Viking, but he is happy enough to where he is going to play and try to win games.

i wouldn't doubt it. He was looking to play with teams that he KNEW their rivalries and could fit right in as to why you hate one team or the other. It sounds strange but when i played my first conference college game i didn't know what all the fuss was about. To me it was just an orange team playing a green team, i didn't fully understand the years of hate between the two schools.

Obvously he knows the Jets don't like the Dolphins and the Pats but he hasn't felt that hatred first hand. He'll grow into it the first time he gets thrown to the turf on a cheap shot from wilfork and sees the arrogance of New England fans. They play up the whole Bears/Packer rivalry but it is nothing in comparison to the AFC's (particularily the AFC east's) hatred of New England among others.

Bears and Packers are rivals via location, not good football, it is all media hype. There are much better rivalries in the AFC and he'll learn and enjoy that very quickly.

i wouldn't doubt it. He was looking to play with teams that he KNEW their rivalries and could fit right in as to why you hate one team or the other. It sounds strange but when i played my first conference college game i didn't know what all the fuss was about. To me it was just an orange team playing a green team, i didn't fully understand the years of hate between the two schools.

Obvously he knows the Jets don't like the Dolphins and the Pats but he hasn't felt that hatred first hand. He'll grow into it the first time he gets thrown to the turf on a cheap shot from wilfork and sees the arrogance of New England fans. They play up the whole Bears/Packer rivalry but it is nothing in comparison to the AFC's (particularily the AFC east's) hatred of New England among others.

Bears and Packers are rivals via location, not good football, it is all media hype. There are much better rivalries in the AFC and he'll learn and enjoy that very quickly.

How old are you? And speaking of media hype............

The New England-NY rivalry is relatively new...spurred on by Tuna's deflection from NE to NYJ after the Pats loss in the SB - to none other than Brett Favre. But - to say that is a bigger rivalry than anything you can find in the NFC is sheer lunacy. Ever see a Giants/cowboys/skins game? Pitt/Cleveland is a huge rivalry - sh*t, Pats/Colts is bigger than anything in the AFC division.

The New England-NY rivalry is relatively new...spurred on by Tuna's deflection from NE to NYJ after the Pats loss in the SB - to none other than Brett Favre. But - to say that is a bigger rivalry than anything you can find in the NFC is sheer lunacy. Ever see a Giants/cowboys/skins game? Pitt/Cleveland is a huge rivalry - sh*t, Pats/Colts is bigger than anything in the AFC division.

How many rivalries were the Packers truely apart of? Bears, Vikings and Buccs. All teams he allegedly had interest in playing for.

NE clearly doesn't look at NY as a rivalry, but that doesn't mean the Jets don't look at is as a rivalry.

How many rivalries were the Packers truely apart of? Bears, Vikings and Buccs. All teams he allegedly had interest in playing for.

NE clearly doesn't look at NY as a rivalry, but that doesn't mean the Jets don't look at is as a rivalry.

.....Whatever....

I still don't understand what this has to do with Brett playing hard. He strikes me as the type of guy that would get crazy competitive at a game of tiddly-winks with his grandma. The reason he wanted to play in the NFC is because it gave him the chance to play - and beat - the packers and give a figurative middle finger to the coach and GM - who he clearly hates. Which, kind of lends credance to my whole crazy competitive theory - and throw in some spite for good measure. ;)

giants/eagles are the biggest rivalry in the nfc east but I get yer point garb ;)

.....Whatever....

I still don't understand what this has to do with Brett playing hard. He strikes me as the type of guy that would get crazy competitive at a game of tiddly-winks with his grandma. The reason he wanted to play in the NFC is because it gave him the chance to play - and beat - the packers and give a figurative middle finger to the coach and GM - who he clearly hates. Which, kind of lends credance to my whole crazy competitive theory - and throw in some spite for good measure. ;)

i don't question his desire to win either. I'm just saying that because he may have seemed 'discontent' to some pilot on the flight to NY doesn't mean that will hold true for even a couple of days.

it would have been easier for him to slide in on an NFC team, but the leagues aren't different from one another anymore. Even the talent levels have evened out...minus the cheats of course.

I see Crashingjet took his soon-to-be new quarterback out of his avatar.

Hey I kinda had to. I mean really, he's not on the Jets anymore. It would be pointless to have him as my avatar. Besides, he's such a good QB that I didn't want to tarnish his image ;) (that's tounge in cheek humor)

i don't question his desire to win either. I'm just saying that because he may have seemed 'discontent' to some pilot on the flight to NY doesn't mean that will hold true for even a couple of days.

it would have been easier for him to slide in on an NFC team, but the leagues aren't different from one another anymore. Even the talent levels have evened out...minus the cheats of course.

As sad as this fact is, I've been 'round here longer then you - at JI before that and a place called Jets haters before that. I know the drill. Have seen it so many times I could set a clock to it. You probably don't know what I'm talking about. Just trust me on this one. :)

Anyway, his going to another NFC team had nothing to do with easy and everything to do with comfort and revenge. It had nothing to do with talent (although Peterson is a freakin' beast) - and everything to do with who showed Brett enough love and who GB would deal with....and GB was too afraid to deal Brett in the NFC.

btw - I'm not one to beleive what some pilot looking for some camera time has to say either. Just like I had a hard time beleiving a disgruntled former employee of a team that fired him ;)

HONESTLY HONESTLY! WOAH WOAH! BACK UP THE TRUCK!

THE BIGGEST RIVALRY EVER AND I MEAN EVVVVVVVVVVVVER! IS...

JETS/MIAMI.

Why noone in this thread brought this up till now is beyond me! New England is really back burner rivalry not anywhere near on the level JETS/MIAMI!

As sad as this fact is, I've been 'round here longer then you - at JI before that and a place called Jets haters before that. I know the drill. Have seen it so many times I could set a clock to it. You probably don't know what I'm talking about. Just trust me on this one. :)

Anyway, his going to another NFC team had nothing to do with easy and everything to do with comfort and revenge. It had nothing to do with talent (although Peterson is a freakin' beast) - and everything to do with who showed Brett enough love and who GB would deal with....and GB was too afraid to deal Brett in the NFC.

btw - I'm not one to beleive what some pilot looking for some camera time has to say either. Just like I had a hard time beleiving a disgruntled former employee of a team that fired him ;)

Oh lordy, good ole Gladys trying to give a history lesson to young Mathew?

Archived