Cimini - 10 things i'd like to see saturday night

BroadwayJ667

Cimini does solid work.He's been here since Joe Walton, which is practically a lifetime. Recall vaguely that he said he wouldn't cover the Jets once they made the move to NJ, but looks like that was premature. The only time I thought he went far afield was discussing the murder of Paul Hackett's father at the end of his abysmal tenure. And it was a fact about the man. Still seemed to be a bit mean to remind the guy of an awful personal tragedy at a time when he was well on his way to being rightly fired.

But remember, there hasn't been many great days of Jets football during Cimini's tenure-the 2002 AFC East title and that win over the Colts; the win over the Bolts; beating the Pats in Foxboro in 2006; all of 1998. And in each case, even the great moments-10-0 lead in the 1998 AFC title game vs. the Broncos, the Steelers game-end in bitter dissappointment. Are you mad that Cimini has told the truth? WOuld you prefer he blow sunshine up your___? It is what it is.

Cimini does solid work.

Had to stop reading there (well not really). Lange was the best beat writer. Obviously, he's bias now. Cimini is just terrible. It's OK to tell the truth and point out the negative... but when you do it 100% of the time and NEVER point out the positive, well then that's just being BITTER. Look at his articles/blogs from Mangini's 1st yr. That's "solid work"? I think not. That's a whiny bitch not getting his way.

Had to stop reading there (well not really). Lange was the best beat writer. Obviously, he's bias now. Cimini is just terrible. It's OK to tell the truth and point out the negative... but when you do it 100% of the time and NEVER point out the positive, well then that's just being BITTER. Look at his articles/blogs from Mangini's 1st yr. That's "solid work"? I think not. That's a whiny bitch not getting his way.
Lange does a good job.

But really, let's be honest-we've seen some bad football here,a nd some bizarre stuff-Parcells, Kotite, Al Groh, Bellichick, Herman Edwards, Gastineau, draft picks, Peyton manning refusing to come out of school when we took Keyshawn, Ron Wolf trying in 1992 to get Favre, only to do so once he got to GB. It's like the Anti-Yankees. It wouldn't be honest to write happy horse manure or try to continually slap lipstick on a pig.

Lange does a good job.

But really, let's be honest-we've seen some bad football here,a nd some bizarre stuff-Parcells, Kotite, Al Groh, Bellichick, Herman Edwards, Gastineau, draft picks, Peyton manning refusing to come out of school when we took Keyshawn, Ron Wolf trying in 1992 to get Favre, only to do so once he got to GB. It's like the Anti-Yankees. It wouldn't be honest to write happy horse manure or try to continually slap lipstick on a pig.

Yeah, I know... it's OK to point out the negative.. but let's not make that EVERYTHING you did. I never had much respect for the guy before Mangini, but when he whined and whined (still does) about not getting hand-fed his articles... all credibility/respect is out the window.

Hello? Oh Hi Mr. Pot, how are you doing? You're calling to talk to Mr. Kettle. Well He is not in right now, may I take a message? "He's Black?" That's it? Okay, no problem I'll give him the message.

Yeah, I know... it's OK to point out the negative.. but let's not make that EVERYTHING you did. I never had much respect for the guy before Mangini, but when he whined and whined (still does) about not getting hand-fed his articles... all credibility/respect is out the window.
Well, it must've been a bit of culture shock to going into Edwards' office every day for a coffee klatch, turning on your tape recorder and having that idiot write "War and Peace"length gibberish to wake up in January 2006 to find the Mangini running the show like a CIA station in Moscow.

Hello? Oh Hi Mr. Pot, how are you doing? You're calling to talk to Mr. Kettle. Well He is not in right now, may I take a message? "He's Black?" That's it? Okay, no problem I'll give him the message.

Last thing I do is ALWAYS point out the negative without pointing out the positive. If you think that, you're not paying attention.

Last thing I do is ALWAYS point out the negative without pointing out the positive. If you think that, you're not paying attention.

aec isn't really negative that much. Sure, he can be a total dick at times, ok most of the time, but not really in a negative way towards the team.

Now, Revis on the other hand...yeah, I can't remember ever seeing one nice thing about him. Just some idiotic banter about crossing routes like he knows what he's talking about ;)

Cimini does solid work.He's been here since Joe Walton, which is practically a lifetime. Recall vaguely that he said he wouldn't cover the Jets once they made the move to NJ, but looks like that was premature. The only time I thought he went far afield was discussing the murder of Paul Hackett's father at the end of his abysmal tenure. And it was a fact about the man. Still seemed to be a bit mean to remind the guy of an awful personal tragedy at a time when he was well on his way to being rightly fired.

But remember, there hasn't been many great days of Jets football during Cimini's tenure-the 2002 AFC East title and that win over the Colts; the win over the Bolts; beating the Pats in Foxboro in 2006; all of 1998. And in each case, even the great moments-10-0 lead in the 1998 AFC title game vs. the Broncos, the Steelers game-end in bitter dissappointment. Are you mad that Cimini has told the truth? WOuld you prefer he blow sunshine up your___? It is what it is.

He said that here actually in a chat. Something like no way he would make that awful commute to NJ.

So either Rich has a few days left covering the Jets or he bought EZ Pass.

Besides now that they have Favre I am sure he actually wants to cover it. Like I have been saying for a long time, NJ is pretty nice.

Archived