PETER JENNINGS IS DEAD

The Gun Of Bavaria

What's sad is when he was on TV for the last time in April, he admitted smoking alot when he was younger. He confessed that when 9/11 happened he slipped and smoked some due to stress.

He could barely even talk, and you could tell things weren't too good. :cry:

There sure wasn't much time between being diagnosed with it and dying.

Unfortunately we've yet to find a cure to cancer, because society has deemed the much preventable HIV/AIDS as requiring all of America's resources. :oops:

I've had 3 immediate family members die of cancer, and they couldn't prevent it with a $1.50 condom. Money talks and bullsh*t politics walk.

Unfortunately we've yet to find a cure to cancer, because society has deemed the much preventable HIV/AIDS as requiring all of America's resources. :oops:

I've had 3 immediate family members die of cancer, and they couldn't prevent it with a $1.50 condom. Money talks and bullsh*t politics walk.

Easy there, GOB, Peter Jennings' lung cancer was 100%preventable too. Enough with the cancer sticks already! And there are many forms of cancer that are completely curable...so its not as if the govt is culpable in some massive campaign to not cure cancer fast enough.

Heart disease kills more Americans than anything...and still we proceed to stuff our faces! Worse, people dont get nearly enough exercise.

Time to support lawmakers that profess to give anywhere from 50%-to-free health coverage to people in peak physical condition for their age. The list of candidates to support such legislation:

1. ZERO

Very sad to hear this- Jennings was a very classy individual with much knowledge of foreign cultures- Cancer is such a dreadful disease.

well said faba, peter jennings helped define the word class. I lost my father in law to skin cancer a while back. that disease n knows no bounds to the suffering it causes to the individual & those close to em.

Thanks joewilly - I lost my father to mouth cncer- so this hits home very close to me as well as other aunts and uncles-and lets not start arguing about som

well said faba, peter jennings helped define the word class. I lost my father in law to skin cancer a while back. that disease n knows no bounds to the suffering it causes to the individual & those close to em.

Thanks joewilly - I lost my father to mouth cancer- so this hits home very close to me as well as other aunts and uncles I have lost from cancer

That was fast. Rest in peace.

Funniest memeory is when during the OJ chase he got duped by some nutball Howard Stern listener claimimg to have a view of OJ in his car and had to be told as much live on air by Al Michaels that he was being messed with.Probably not his greatest monent as a journalist, but he took it in stride.

Thanks joewilly - I lost my father to mouth cancer- so this hits home very close to me as well as other aunts and uncles I have lost from cancer

...wow faba. so did I. My dad passed from throat and mouth cancer. He was also a smoker. At least a pack a day. It's a horrible dreadful disease and it really takes a toll on all those involved with the person suffering from it. JFBM..you said something about it was just a few months, unfortunately thats how it happens. My dad was diagnosed in december and died in April. And lung cancer is hard to cure. You cant do much to the lung that wouldn't kill you. God Bless Peter Jennings and his family. I know this story all to well.

seriously guns thats the dumbest post youve ever made. almost mind boggling. some people get cancer because they bring it on, some people get hiv through no fault of their own. god help us all now

That was fast. Rest in peace.

Funniest memeory is when during the OJ chase he got duped by some nutball Howard Stern listener claimimg to have a view of OJ in his car and had to be told as much live on air by Al Michaels that he was being messed with.Probably not his greatest monent as a journalist, but he took it in stride.

"i see oj, he dont look too good....."

classic

Archived