Sunday's Gameplan? BRING.THE.HOUSE.

SoFlaJets

I tell ya what SFJ, I am worried about Wilfork, but not as much considering he's gonna have to get past Mangold AND Faneca to go for Favre's knees.

go look at that cheap shot on Losman's knee from last year shutout...I don't trust that dude...he is evil

I agree , The JETS need to make Cassel get rid of ball quick. Play man and bring everybody else full steam ahead except Barton we dont need those killer helmet to helmet penalties against us vs the pats. Live by the blitz die by the blitz. I think the jets are going to make a pretty good living blitzing because our DB's can blanket Wr's

If Sutton's game plan is conservative somebody shoot him. Its the Home opener vs The Pats, Release the hounds there is fresh meat on the Menu

Belichick & Co. know full well that the Jets think they have a pass rush now, and will indeed intend to bring it. That's what makes it a chess match. The Jets need to be smart, and not get beaten on quick routes or screen passes. That's how I expect the Pats to try to beat the Jets. Slow down the pass rush with quick passes, then try to get Moss more involved.

The Jets need to stop the run again early. Get the Pats in 3rd & long situations that allow them to bring the heat.

And on offense, they need to score TD's. That's what Favre's supposed to bring in exchange for $750k a week. Nothing will put more pressure on Cassel and the Pats offense than falling behind on the scoreboard.

Belichick & Co. know full well that the Jets think they have a pass rush now, and will indeed intend to bring it. That's what makes it a chess match. The Jets need to be smart, and not get beaten on quick routes or screen passes. That's how I expect the Pats to try to beat the Jets. Slow down the pass rush with quick passes, then try to get Moss more involved.

The Jets need to stop the run again early. Get the Pats in 3rd & long situations that allow them to bring the heat.

And on offense, they need to score TD's. That's what Favre's supposed to bring in exchange for $750k a week. Nothing will put more pressure on Cassel and the Pats offense than falling behind on the scoreboard.

good post slats-I agree...I'm very wary of the 2 TE sets we're gonna be seeing, since we can't cover TE's and it also helps in the run game...this game is going to be tough-trust me

Exactly. The D needs to be bringing pressure on every play, no sitting back. Make Matt Cassel beat you.

Could not agree more. Blitz the run, blitz the pass. STOP the run and see what Cassel can do. If he beats them, so friggin be it.

good post slats-I agree...I'm very wary of the 2 TE sets we're gonna be seeing, since we can't cover TE's and it also helps in the run game...this game is going to be tough-trust me

Their TE's weren't really involved against KC, but I agree - this is something the Pats will look to exploit. The Jets have to know this. I'm no fan of David Barrett, but this may be a good week to have him spend a lot of time at safety and/or nickel back. He's done well against larger, physical receivers in the past. He's a guy you might want to assign to a TE.

Their TE's weren't really involved against KC, but I agree - this is something the Pats will look to exploit. The Jets have to know this. I'm no fan of David Barrett, but this may be a good week to have him spend a lot of time at safety and/or nickel back. He's done well against larger, physical receivers in the past. He's a guy you might want to assign to a TE.

yea I agree and have been saying it all week too...Barrett ain't that bad and he's got sneaky hands-he can strip a ball real good...there must have been some reason Mangini had him at safety this PS...time to earn it #36

Archived