Sox a half game out of 1st

Gainzo

With the Yankees out of the contention this forum kind of sucks. Either way, the Sox beat the Rays tonight and are close to taking over 1st place in the East.

Great pitching again by Lester and Papelbon for the shutout. BTW Where's Jon E ? He assured us he wasn't pulling his annual Houdini act this year. :P

No one should be surprised by this. I still think the Rays make the playoffs as a Wild Card, but given their injuries and inexperience and the fact that the Sox are getting healthy at the right time, just adds up for another AL East title for the Sox.

The hot team down the stretch wins it. Timing is everything.

talk about a great manager and depth to a team both stars in last night game just came up from the Durham Bulls.. Dan Johnson holy crap i could see on that guys face soon as he got in the box that he ment nothing but business..

Papelbon choked big time but dont get me wrong i thought for a second that Big Papi stepped up to hit the walk off but nope just a major league pop up...

hey the yankees are out of the playoffs but at least are farm team is gonna make the playoffs while the sox hope for the wild card.. its pretty sweet

GO RAYS!!!!!

talk about a great manager and depth to a team both stars in last night game just came up from the Durham Bulls.. Dan Johnson holy crap i could see on that guys face soon as he got in the box that he ment nothing but business..

Papelbon choked big time but dont get me wrong i thought for a second that Big Papi stepped up to hit the walk off but nope just a major league pop up...

hey the yankees are out of the playoffs but at least are farm team is gonna make the playoffs while the sox hope for the wild card.. its pretty sweet

GO RAYS!!!!!

:rl: You Yankee fans are so pathetic.

Did I mention that in my post you quoted. :-k

btw you sawx fans crack me up. win a couple titles and think your hot sh#t. :lol:wannabes.

No you didn't but does this ring a bell?

C'mon Barton, you can do better than that :)

Did I mention that in my post you quoted. :-k

btw you sawx fans crack me up. win a couple titles and think your hot sh#t. :lol:wannabes.

Hey kid, Here's a news flash ......Sports is a "What have you done for me lately ? " business. Of course in the Yankees case that ain't much. :Nuts:

You're twice my age and I've seen my team win more titles than you have.

:rl:

Thats the way it goes sometimes. On the flip side I've seen the football team I support win 3 titles.

You just cant handle the fact that Boston teams are more relevant on the national stage than New York teams.

You are part of the generation when Boston teams have outperformed the New York teams.

Thats the way it goes sometimes. On the flip side I've seen the football team I support win 3 titles.

You just cant handle the fact that Boston teams are more relevant on the national stage than New York teams.

You are part of the generation when Boston teams have outperformed the New York teams.

:rl: His pathetic "location" title speaks for itself. Simply hilarious. Thanks for pointing it out Gainz.

Timlin sucks.

Heilman sucks.

But I love Luis Ayala!

LOL What a crazy nite. I kept bouncing back and forth between the 2 games. Totally opposite games with one a pitching duel and one a real slug fest. I stay with the Sox game till the 13th. They had plenty of chances to win it. Jason Bays 0 for 8 nite didn't help. As for Heilman.... NO LEAD IS SAFE !!

Archived