Some Football Observations From TX

PatsFanTX

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Answer my yes or no question troll.

I can't, because I only listened to the game on radio.

The announcers said Cotchery mugged O'Neil to the ground BEFORE the flag was thrown.

They also said it was a very good call in the end zone.

Again, what do 2 plays out of 95 have to do with the outcome of a football game?

I know Moss pushes off a lot, that I agree with. Not something I can complain about today though, when Moss does it he seems to be trying to adjust himself to get the catch. Still totally illegal and it's a disgrace that they never call it. When Cotch done it though he was clearly, first and foremost, trying to prevent the pick. That's what made it even more blatant.

Moss had more PI penalties than any offensive WR in the NFL last year.

The trick is doing it and not getting flagged.

Cotchery push off today was blatant.

A big game in week 2? Stop being melodramatic troll. Your team is still mediocre and needed help to win today. You're going nowhere.

When your team has not defeated a hated divisional rival AT HOME in 7 years, then yes, it's a big game in week 2.

Again, the refs had absolutely nothing to do with the Jets loss today.

Face it madmike, he's right.

First off, Feely misses an automatic FG. Of course, we're used to seeing Jets kickers missing 30 yarders.

We also had a golden opportunity with 1st and Goal at their own 3, and Schotty clearly didn't make the right calls. He finally got it right when Favre connected with Stucky, but it was too late by then.

Favre also showed some of his flaws, like the pick to Merriweather, and not taking a fall quickly enough to avoid a 20 yard sack. I hated that PI call against Cotchery, but I hated our offensive playcalling even more.

Here's what I don't get about the game today.

The Jets have a HOF QB and the Pats have two (Hobbs and O'Neil) questionable CB's and Mangini/Shotty do not go after them.

Sorry to say, but the Jets offensive game plan sucked today.

When you're right you're right.

2 things you might not agree with though.

A) If the Jets DO win next week, it brings them back as a legit contender.

B) Even if they lose, it's not the end of the season. Even if many on this board will cry as if it is.

lag, I totally agree with both of them.

Super Bowls are never won in September.

Even if the Jets are 1-2 haeding into the bye, they are still not out of it.

A win next week, given the circumstances, would be huge.

Not to argue the call, but you were able to determine that it was a blatant penalty by listening to the game on the radio?

Glad you're back TX, and also that you're okay after the storm came through:cheers:

Thanks shutout, but as I originally said, I'm only going off what the radio announcers said, and they called offensive PI before the flag was thrown.

I haven't even seen a replay on ESPN yet.

Handoff the ball THREE STRAIGHT TIMES on 1st and Goal from the 3? Awesome, awesome play calling. If he hadn't been wearing #4 back there I would've swore it was Pennington (aside from a few downfield passes). No, not because of his play but because of the **** play calling. Ridiculous.

Also, thanks to Laveranues Coles to dropping three passes, Jay Feely for missing a chip shot Field Goal and the Refs for a couple of BS calls that always, always end up going New England's way.

What plays were those?

Cotchery completely mauling O'Neil and correctly getting called for offensive PI?

That play was called accurately, regardless of Jets fans cries.

However, there were a few bad calls... this off the top of my head.

1) In the 1st quarter in the end zone (before the missed FG), there was pass interference

2) Stuckey gets the ball on a short out, breaks a tackle, but they STOP THE PLAY. Worse yet, the clock keeps running

3) Next play, Favre is dragged from like the 15-20 to the 5, and they take all that yardage away.

NONE OF THESE, I repeat NONE OF THESE, changed the outcome of the game. However, I can see where the crybabies keep saying the Pats get all the "breaks". I'm of the opinion that "The more I practice, the luckier I get." (Gary Player). By that, I mean the better I am, the "luckier" I get.

I agree with you on this one.

I saw the replay and Farve was "in the grasp" around the 15 yard line.

I'll Mangini until the Cardinals game, but one of the coordinators need to be terminated after this loss...

As for the players I think Barton needs to go.. He sucks too much in pass defense.. Harris has been mediocre thus far this year as well.. Idk if we have any better options...

Eric Smith also needs to re-evaluated..

Yesterdays performance was unacceptable... The Jets need to make some major changes, before this season is lost....

Take the ol' revolutionary tactic.... If you stir fear into these guys... maybe they will start performing better....

Heads need to roll after a 1-1 record after Week2?

There is a reason why NFL seasons are 16 games long.

You guys need to relax a bit.

It's a long season.

Holy crap - we're 1-1 and the Patriots beat us by 9 points after only having to go half the field or less for most of the game. Fire everyone!

I will say that both coordinators need to grow a pair a little bit. And the defense isn't getting anyone excited despite back-to-back games without a QB who can mount a vertical attack. Should be interesting what happens against Rivers & Warner, who can.

OK Spermy, I'll play devil's advocate:

You have a HOF QB who appears week 3 of pre-season expected to learn the entire offense, not to mention, getting comfortable with his WR's, let alone his OLine blocking schemes.

Of course Mangini and Shotty will go conservative, how can you blame them for that decision?

The Jets play a very complicated 3-4 defense. The 3-4 is a "read first, react second" type of defense, unlike the 4-3 where, it is "react, react". Why do you think your #1 draft pick is still sitting on the bench?

Both cooridinators do not have to "grow a set of balls" for the Jets to be successful.

You have a QB unfimiliar with the plays and personnel, and a defense that has many new players.

Super Bowls are not won in September, but down the stretch in December/January, where you want to be clicking on all cylinders.

Look no farther than your cross-town rivals from last year.

BS.... Excuses are like ******* PatsFansTX.... The Jets let their fans down big time on sunday

Talk about conservative??? I saw an offense with no plan whatsoever...

I respectfully disagree with that.

"Excuses" are for those fans that always blame the refs for a loss.

I thought Mangini and Shotty had a solid game plan (yes, very conservative) in place. When you have a canservative game plan in place, execution on the field is much more important, because the big plays won't be there.

The game came down when the Jets couldn't punch it in with a 1st and goal from the 3. That's execution, not coaching.

Just my opinion.

all well and good, but the game came down to field position and mistakes, and the jets were big losers in both categories

the 3 runs on the goal line was stubborn playcalling

How much money did the Jets spend to upgrade their OLine?

IMO, that was more about execution, than it was play calling.

Defense lost it? They were the only ones who showed up to play.

The Jets pull with in 16-10 and the momentum completely shifted.

All the defense had to do on the next series was to either create a turnover or force a 3 and out.

What happened however, was the Pats OLine physically dominated the Jets defense and Lamont Jordan ripped them to shreds.

A good defense performs in crucial situations.

So the Steelers dropped due to a low scoring game in a hostile environment with horrible winds and rain? Did you see the Steeler D keep that supposed top ten offense to 2 FG's? Did you see the tough throws that Ben made to get the offense out of trouble despite the conditions? His shoulder is not a concern...

Sorry, hadda stick up for my team (and QB) on this 1. :):box:

What a friggn' homer. :rolleyes:

When is this classless, over-rated jerkoff going to shut the F up. Its tolerable when you're on a winning team and playing well Joey but when your team has won one game since I believe November 2006, you need to shut your mouth. New England will whipe them all over the field.

That's pretty funny coming from a guy whose team has lost 20 out of their last 21 football games.

Never hire anyone as HC labeled a "guru". Cases in point, Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati, (defensive genuis my a$$!) and Brian Billick formerly of Baltimore. Both once hired as HC lost all "guru-ness"!

Cowher will be the next HC of the Bengals when Marvin Lewis finally gets his ass fired after this season.

ST is not 1/3 of the game. It may be 1/3 of the units, but it's hardly 1/3 of the game no matter how many coaches love to spew otherwise. It just sounds good but they know that's not true. If it was so then top ST coaches/coordinators would be making 7 figures and the top kickers/punters would be making $5-10M/yr like the other top position players. And teams would be outbidding each other for these top FA special teams players.

Offense & defense = on the field for 55 minutes

Special teams = on the field for 5 minutes

Great post Spermy, and you are dead on.

It's ridiculous to think that ST's make up 1/3 of the game.

The Jets have a HOF QB and the Pats have two (Hobbs and O'Neil) questionable CB's and Mangini/Shotty do not go after them.

It seems so simple, and yet, it just wasn't done.

I just don't get it.

obviously mangini believes in exploiting the strengths of the opposing defense. in other words he's an idiot with man-boobs.

It seems so simple, and yet, it just wasn't done.

I just don't get it.

why attack questionable CB's when you can take 5 0-lineman who are better pass protectors than run blockers, and attack warren, wilfork and seymour ?

it makes my head hurt

mangina has a lot of hermie in him

OK Spermy, I'll play devil's advocate:

You have a HOF QB who appears week 3 of pre-season expected to learn the entire offense, not to mention, getting comfortable with his WR's, let alone his OLine blocking schemes.

Of course Mangini and Shotty will go conservative, how can you blame them for that decision?

The Jets play a very complicated 3-4 defense. The 3-4 is a "read first, react second" type of defense, unlike the 4-3 where, it is "react, react". Why do you think your #1 draft pick is still sitting on the bench?

Both cooridinators do not have to "grow a set of balls" for the Jets to be successful.

You have a QB unfimiliar with the plays and personnel, and a defense that has many new players.

Super Bowls are not won in September, but down the stretch in December/January, where you want to be clicking on all cylinders.

Look no farther than your cross-town rivals from last year.

Wow Tex I very much agree with everything you said. I think the Jets will be fine if they go into their bye 2-2, then they have a little stretch where they should do well, Then they have the Bills 2x & Pats again. The new 2008 Jets players should be much more familiar with the system as the second half of the season rolls around.

Hey i struck a deal with Max. I'm allowed 5% homerism and 95% objectivity. The way i see it, i got 10 more homer posts left for the month and 9 of em' will now be directed your way.

:)

BTW how the F did that get in this thread ??

Tx wandered off again. We were forced to bring him back home.

Archived